The good old Youtube days - Discuss anything!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My first YouTube beauty guru was Michelle Phan. A search for Lady Gaga Poker Face brought me to her channel. She used to do a lot of DIY skincare videos too. I remember her soothing voice and soft background music.

I think she disappeared for a long time. I don’t know what she’s up to now.
66FBFB02-2E37-4C2A-AE2B-70D549B4E23C.jpeg
F67265CA-5534-4B06-B327-598265022687.jpeg

A recent photo
EF839805-E366-4FFE-A569-AA5B13F09A90.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I had a Zara City Bag.
They act too busy and important to film and upload now. Ok hun.. I’ll just go watch another YouTuber that has multiple kids AND a job outside of the internet upload 4 times a week while you are single and childless and can’t manage one video a month.

Reactions: 6
Youtube was definitely better when it wasn't full of crap pewdiepie wannabes. Every time I want to see a review video, I get some bellend popping up with "Hi guys, welcome to my channel, hit the subscribe button blah, blah, blah". Just show me the goods and stop waffling!
Oh, and fake reactions videos and fake prank channels can get to f*** too

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Aw this thread is making me feel nostalgic! Memories of bourjois chocolate bronzer and when life was simpler lol. My personal faves back in the day were pixiwoo, fleurdeforce, beautycrush, gemsmaquillage and lily melrose. There was also a Northern girl called Sarah I really like but I can’t remember the name of her channel.

Reactions: 8
Aw this thread is making me feel nostalgic! Memories of bourjois chocolate bronzer and when life was simpler lol. My personal faves back in the day were pixiwoo, fleurdeforce, beautycrush, gemsmaquillage and lily melrose. There was also a Northern girl called Sarah I really like but I can’t remember the name of her channel.
Do you still follow GemsMaquillage / HelloGem/Gem Tomlinson? I do and really like her content. She isn't fake which I enjoy.
I also love Gem Morson/The Mother Cooker although I can't remember what her old blog name was.

Reactions: 1
Do you still follow GemsMaquillage / HelloGem/Gem Tomlinson? I do and really like her content. She isn't fake which I enjoy.
I also love Gem Morson/The Mother Cooker although I can't remember what her old blog name was.
No, I don’t really follow any youtubers or influencers now tbh!

OMG was this Sarah Walker make up? She had a little white dog that she got during YouTube. I LOVED her!

I remember being the only girl at school who drew their eyebrows on and being in the toilets at lunch times and people asking why I was drawing them on (with my super fancy Collection 2000 eyebrow pencil) 😂😂 And doing a smokey eye on all the other girls on our skiing trip because all anyone knew was black eyeliner and concealer lips!

Reactions: 4
Yes, that was her! I remember she was quite popular at the time and then she sort of just dropped of the face of the earth lol
I remember her too! I used to think she was so pretty. I’ve just found her Instagram, she’s a make-up artist based in North Yorkshire @sarawalkermakeupartist

God the amount of tit I bought because of old-school beauty youtubers! I still buy Essie polishes but I own about 8 and I just rotate them out once one is empty/gloopy. I like the shades and application but I never got into mint candy apple! Another influencer rec that I still use to this day is from Fleur - Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. It really is a perfect lightweight foundation for me and I don't really try any other ones any more.

I think Benefit and NARS were brands I realllllly coveted when every influencer was talking about them. I did buy NARS laguna bronzer and the orgasm blushes. I also got one of the Benefit holy grail blushes.. blanking on the name.

I genuinely did enjoy Bourjois foundations at the time though! And I remember when everyone was really into YSL foundations. I blew some money on those unfortunately that were far too heavy for my normal life.

Does anyone also remember those Maybelline 24h tattoo paint points? God, I did hoard those when I went on a trip to the US because they were so much cheaper and had more colours.

Now I'm much more minimalist with my make up buying and wearing...student me sure made some stupid choices to buy expensive make up I didn't actually wear that much. Just played around with it at home.

Reactions: 3
I bought a set of Sigma brushes because of YouTube 😂

LaurenLuke was the first beauty channel I watched. Lollypop26, Richie Nickel, dazzledust25 😂

there were a few whose names escape me, such a shame as I’d like to see if they’re still tubing

I bought a set of Sigma brushes because of YouTube 😂

LaurenLuke was the first beauty channel I watched. Lollypop26, Richie Nickel, dazzledust25 😂

there were a few whose names escape me, such a shame as I’d like to see if they’re still tubing
Just remembered one - Meme Molly

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Another influencer rec that I still use to this day is from Fleur - Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. It really is a perfect lightweight foundation for me and I don't really try any other ones any more.

I think Benefit and NARS were brands I realllllly coveted when every influencer was talking about them. I did buy NARS laguna bronzer and the orgasm blushes. I also got one of the Benefit holy grail blushes.. blanking on the name.

I genuinely did enjoy Bourjois foundations at the time though! And I remember when everyone was really into YSL foundations. I blew some money on those unfortunately that were far too heavy for my normal life.

Does anyone also remember those Maybelline 24h tattoo paint points? God, I did hoard those when I went on a trip to the US because they were so much cheaper and had more colours.
Yes to FleurdeForce and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I still use it to this day!

Also yes to the Bourjois foundations even though they were far too yellow for me haha! They were very popular when I was still as school (so was Miss Sporty from Boots if anyone was a teenager at that time?) and the smell was fruity if I remember. What a shame Bourjois isn’t in the U.K. anymore.

I also remember really wanting a specific Maybelline Paint Pot shade that wasn’t available in the U.K.!

Was anyone on the makeup geek forum back in the day? I remember a few posters from then and wonder how they’ve aged after a decade plus 😂 All were amazing at bright eye looks 😂

also the doe Deere from Lime Crime scandal, and Sugarpill... buying pure mica as eyeshadow... memories coming back Now 😂😂😂

My favs back in the day were lollipop26 and xsparkage.

Xsparkage has a little crew - petrilude and sayanythingbrooke. Anyone remember them? Would love to know what they are up to now.

Xsparkage is still on YouTube but is really bitter she never made it big even though she was OG. Pretty hard to stomach watching nowadays tbh.

My first YouTube beauty guru was Michelle Phan. A search for Lady Gaga Poker Face brought me to her channel. She used to do a lot of DIY skincare videos too. I remember her soothing voice and soft background music.

I think she disappeared for a long time. I don’t know what she’s up to now.
View attachment 222271View attachment 222272

A recent photo
View attachment 222270
Wow, I remember watching Michelle Phan years ago. She was very softly spoken. I remember that she sort of disappeared to create a makeup or skincare line and there was some sort of drama around that?? Iqqu? She looks so different.

I remember her too! I used to think she was so pretty. I’ve just found her Instagram, she’s a make-up artist based in North Yorkshire @sarawalkermakeupartist
she blooming came back as well! I think it was end of last year/early this year dropped a video, said she would do more, buggered off again 😂

I bought Mac painterly paint pot, studio sculpt foundation and creme de nude lipstick

Sigma make up brushes because of make up by Tiffany D, not sure if she is still running

Does anyone remember the fake Alexander wang bag with the studs on the bottom everyone had? I definitely bought one 😂

Such a better time because they were genuinely recommending products or just having a laugh. Now everything is for £££and staged 😞

Not YT but blogger, I used to really like Amy Antoinette before she went off the rails...now she is a huge anti-vaccine, qanon conspiracy nut.

awe I used to be obsessed with you tube back in the day when jaclyn Hill used to do her make up at her kitchen table and make up geek was just marlena 😌 loved Lauren like too and itsjudytime did hers mainly sitting on the floor haha

Oooh that’s a question and a half.

I bought a Lost Ink shirt and Collection Lasting Perfection concealer based off Fleur de Force’s recommendations.

I also bought Touch of Silver shampoo and Scott Cornwall’s Colour B4 (latter doesn’t work) based off Youtubers. Can’t remember who.