The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's just pure narcissism. They genuinely believe they know best and that people hang on their every word 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone read the article in the Sunday Indo today? I've heard Doireann talk about it before the way she wasn't good enough for acting based on how she looks especially when you have a sister that looks like Aoibhin. So she turned her back on it. Just really disappointing that she is placing so much emphasis on it. You'd swear she got hit by the ugly tree. And this isn't the first time she has spoken about it. Imagine looking up to her and wanting to get into acting but don't exactly fit the physical stereotype? It's such a shallow thing say so publically. And also...if Aoibhin was relying on her amazing face why is she not out there with the likes of Saoirse Rowan etc... looks mean Jack tit! You need to actually be a good actress and transend beyond that. Rant over! 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Anyone read the article in the Sunday Indo today? I've heard Doireann talk about it before the way she wasn't good enough for acting based on how she looks especially when you have a sister that looks like Aoibhin. So she turned her back on it. Just really disappointing that she is placing so much emphasis on it. You'd swear she got hit by the ugly tree. And this isn't the first time she has spoken about it. Imagine looking up to her and wanting to get into acting but don't exactly fit the physical stereotype? It's such a shallow thing say so publically. And also...if Aoibhin was relying on her amazing face why is she not out there with the likes of Saoirse Rowan etc... looks mean Jack tit! You need to actually be a good actress and transend beyond that. Rant over! 😂
Way back Doireann was chatting to her mum.on stories. It was when her mum was cooking or something. This couldve been around 2 years ago. She was "interviewing" her mum and asking questions like who is the most beautiful of the sisters, most talented etc. I cant remember exactly what was asked but 100% she asked her Mum about who was the best looking and her mum said Ailbhe without even thinking. I thought it very strange that she had even thought about this and it did make me think how much were they compared as kids, teens, young women etc and also how much they competed against one another.

I may be reading it this too much but I just thought it strange that the Mum had thought about it and had an answer ready.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I thought the exact same when she had said that before. It's the most ridiculous thing ever to say she gave up acting because she wasn't the prettiest! You obviously don't have to be pretty, there's all sorts of actors out there. I'd say it was just her looking for compliments or else she was just a shite actress! Either way, just say it didn't work out for you and move on

Reactions: 4
Way back Doireann was chatting to her mum.on stories. It was when her mum was cooking or something. This couldve been around 2 years ago. She was "interviewing" her mum and asking questions like who is the most beautiful of the sisters, most talented etc. I cant remember exactly what was asked but 100% she asked her Mum about who was the best looking and her mum said Ailbhe without even thinking. I thought it very strange that she had even thought about this and it did make me think how much were they compared as kids, teens, young women etc and also how much they competed against one another.

I may be reading it this too much but I just thought it strange that the Mum had thought about it and had an answer ready.
Im guessing it would get competitive growing up as one of 3 sisters. I don’t have any sisters so I wouldn’t know. Because I only have brothers I never really compared myself.

Reactions: 3
Im guessing it would get competitive growing up as one of 3 sisters. I don’t have any sisters so I wouldn’t know. Because I only have brothers I never really compared myself.
I'm the same. I have one brother and my mum would not have a favourite. I do see it with cousins though. My aunt has three daughters and she definitely very obviously has a favourite. It's awful. I'm not saying Clare Garrihy favours one but I thought the response told a lot about their relationship. It also felt like they put a lot of emphasis on physical beauty. Like even if i had a sister I cant imagine asking my mum who is prettier! It's just not something we would consider important.

The gorgeous Aoibheann didn’t set her sights very high with Fairly crappy did she?! Why no Oscars for one so beautiful we have to wonder? And why in the name of god did she get that monstrosity of a fringe to cover half of her mug? So many questions. Time for a Q&A maybe....

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The gorgeous Aoibheann didn’t set her sights very high with Fairly crappy did she?! Why no Oscars for one so beautiful we have to wonder? And why in the name of god did she get that monstrosity of a fringe to cover half of her mug? So many questions. Time for a Q&A maybe....
The fringe does not suit her at all. I spoke out of turn already about their looks so I don’t want to cross the line in any way again but in my opinion Aoibheann is ‘the fairest of them all’. Interesting that the mum would answer so quickly, I have a sister and we would never ask our mum who’s the prettiest. It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: 1
I'm the same. I have one brother and my mum would not have a favourite. I do see it with cousins though. My aunt has three daughters and she definitely very obviously has a favourite. It's awful. I'm not saying Clare Garrihy favours one but I thought the response told a lot about their relationship. It also felt like they put a lot of emphasis on physical beauty. Like even if i had a sister I cant imagine asking my mum who is prettier! It's just not something we would consider important.
The fringe does not suit her at all. I spoke out of turn already about their looks so I don’t want to cross the line in any way again but in my opinion Aoibheann is ‘the fairest of them all’. Interesting that the mum would answer so quickly, I have a sister and we would never ask our mum who’s the prettiest. It’s ridiculous.
Aobhinn is quite stunning.

Reactions: 2
I feel like Doireann does have insecurities. For someone so confident it does come across when she speaks on trivial topics such as looks. She almost lets herself down. Own who you are and as hard as it is not to please stop reverting back to the "h'amazing" Aoibhin coz as far as I can see Doireann is actually more successful if you really wanna call it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5

She said Ailbhe was the prettiest? Huh? Allow me to be shallow for a moment but while none of them are ugly I would have said Aoibhin > Doireann > Ailbhe

Reactions: 2
I actually think Ailbhe is the prettiest and seems to be the most humble and down to earth. I’d say if any of them need advice, they go straight to her 👩🏼

I actually think Ailbhe is the prettiest and seems to be the most humble and down to earth. I’d say if any of them need advice, they go straight to her 👩🏼
I can’t see it at all. Anywho must stop being so judgy ahhhhh

Doireann seems to get panic attacks now too. She’s in the wrong profession I think for that

Reactions: 1
Epic summary 👏🏼🤣

Ah I like the Garrihy Sisters! I think they are all very beautiful & elegant and come across quite well. Doireann's comedy is not my personal taste, but she does well for herself and has her select audience. Aoibheann & Ailbhe are both very insular, private and come across quiet well.
Private! Weddings, kids, house all over insta!

Last edited:
I don't know what's more disturbing- that a grown adult would ask their Mum who's the prettiest sister or that the question was actually answered.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.