The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must be very frustrating for Eoghan, who is actually very smart, clued-in and not famous for doing bad impersonations of bloggers/because her sister was on Fair City, to have to share the gig with her. He is quite good, but she embarrassing to listen to.
The fake laugh does my head in. Eoghan seems quite intelligent and she comes across as quite dim.

Reactions: 9
Her podcast has gone downhill.
I think someone said here before, she just sticks to her script with the interview questions - there's no going off script and following a different line of questions based on what the interviewee has said. She just wheezes laughing and then moves on to the next question. Used to like the podcast, but meh, couldn't be arsed now. There's much better listening out there
Yeah I’m the same, used to really love the podcast but there’s no creativity, the format got old very fast.

It’s not great compared to other Irish podcasts like Bandwagons which I would 100% recommend! And wasn’t Doireann’s podcast number one in Ireland on Spotify recently?? 😮

Reactions: 4
Did anyone see Doireann's post about the Instagram reels girls are doing about how to style the same outfit 5 ways? She basically said "come on girls, we can do better than that" basically talking down and being condescending to girls just having fun with clothes and Instagram. It wouldn't be my cup of tea but who cares. Leave them be....you'd swear she burns her bra and is a right feminist! She takes the piss out of other women with her impressions for Christ sake 🤦‍♀️ does she not remember that she did those feckin live repetitive make up videos not too long ago each week during lockdown?? Come on now Doireann...you can do better than that!

Reactions: 14
Did anyone see Doireann's post about the Instagram reels girls are doing about how to style the same outfit 5 ways? She basically said "come on girls, we can do better than that" basically talking down and being condescending to girls just having fun with clothes and Instagram. It wouldn't be my cup of tea but who cares. Leave them be....you'd swear she burns her bra and is a right feminist! She takes the piss out of other women with her impressions for Christ sake 🤦‍♀️ does she not remember that she did those feckin live repetitive make up videos not too long ago each week during lockdown?? Come on now Doireann...you can do better than that!
Saw that!!!! Creating 5 looks and editing it to a reel requires more work than creating one set list of questions to use for every interview on a podcast

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes!!! Thought the same. She is like a one trick pony, her stories are the same day in day out 🙄 she always puts women down to look better. Not cool!

Also, she sang beautiful day EVERY bleeping DAY for years !! Did she not think people were sick of that 🤦🏼‍♀️

She comes across as very bitchy I think

Reactions: 10
New thread suggestion:

The Garrihys: I'm a Garrihy, don't you know who we are!? Now gimme free furniture, hotel stays and a car!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
In the JNLR figures just released 2 FM breakfast is down 9000 listeners. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Garrihy. Eoghan could carry that show on his own.

Reactions: 13
The tension between them is getting worse. In fairness, he is quite well read, has a politics degree while she is a bit too fluffy. I can just imagine how he hates dumbing himself down for the show. And if she says "cam on" in that voice again I'm going to throw my radio out the window 😳😳😳

I thought it was very noticeable on the video of the two of them doing the Halloween rap battle! The stares he was giving her!!

It’s well known in the radio world that they despise eachother. It’s so obvious too

This is going back a bit but I still can’t get my head around how they left the poor dog on the boat and went off for dinner I’d be on edge for the whole time worried sick about the dog and also it really annoys me how the dog is never on a lead I know a lot of people have their dogs off leads but I think it’s so disrespectful. Just because you think your dog won’t attack another dog doesn’t mean that other dog wouldn’t turn and attack.

This is going back a bit but I still can’t get my head around how they left the poor dog on the boat and went off for dinner I’d be on edge for the whole time worried sick about the dog and also it really annoys me how the dog is never on a lead I know a lot of people have their dogs off leads but I think it’s so disrespectful. Just because you think your dog won’t attack another dog doesn’t mean that other dog wouldn’t turn and attack.
Yep,.one of my former dogs was very reactive to other dogs and was never off his lead but so many other people would have their dogs off and the dogs would approach him and a scene would ensue. It used to drive me mad! Either train your dog so that it stays by your side 100% of the time or put it on a lead if there's other dogs about. You just never know.

Reactions: 5
Especially considering Ailbhe’s dog died after being attacked by another dog off the lead..

Reactions: 8
Yep,.one of my former dogs was very reactive to other dogs and was never off his lead but so many other people would have their dogs off and the dogs would approach him and a scene would ensue. It used to drive me mad! Either train your dog so that it stays by your side 100% of the time or put it on a lead if there's other dogs about. You just never know.
Agree. I am the exact same with my dog and it drives me mad because I always feel I’m in the wrong if my dog is growling and then the owner usually comes along a few mins later with a ‘ah don’t worry he/ she doesn’t bite ‘ yes hun but my dog doesn’t like dogs running up to him 😡

Especially considering Ailbhe’s dog died after being attacked by another dog off the lead..
Exactly did they not learn anything, I’d never dream of taking my dogs out without a lead so many dangers, they can run off, attacked by another dog, cars

Agree. I am the exact same with my dog and it drives me mad because I always feel I’m in the wrong if my dog is growling and then the owner usually comes along a few mins later with a ‘ah don’t worry he/ she doesn’t bite ‘ yes hun but my dog doesn’t like dogs running up to him 😡

Exactly did they not learn anything, I’d never dream of taking my dogs out without a lead so many dangers, they can run off, attacked by another dog, cars
I think if people are expected to train their dogs to stay by their side 100% of the time you should be expected to train your dog to deal with other dogs approaching. Especially if your dog is the one lashing out.

Very unrealistic to keep dogs on leads all the time.

Reactions: 10
Have to say I agree about the podcast, pj Gallagher and Brian Dowling were brilliant and I enjoyed her family in it. But some choices lately are questionable pat divilly was awful he is so dull! But she knows him from beo, Paula callan is her make-up artist, sile seoige next probably 😂

On a sidenote paddy her bf is a South sided but loves his check shirts so I thought he was a country boy saw him at beo

The tension between them is getting worse. In fairness, he is quite well read, has a politics degree while she is a bit too fluffy. I can just imagine how he hates dumbing himself down for the show. And if she says "cam on" in that voice again I'm going to throw my radio out the window 😳😳😳
Totally agree - I loved Eoghan's drivetime show, there was a real mix of intelligent conversation with more lighthearted stuff. The breakfast show is so dumbed down, was such a relief to hear him on his own this morning because she had a day off!

I think if people are expected to train their dogs to stay by their side 100% of the time you should be expected to train your dog to deal with other dogs approaching. Especially if your dog is the one lashing out.

Very unrealistic to keep dogs on leads all the time.
100%. Plus if your dog is growling you should probably consider a muzzle for fear he ever got very irritated and went to attack.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.