The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes!!! Thought the same. She is like a one trick pony, her stories are the same day in day out šŸ™„ she always puts women down to look better. Not cool!

Also, she sang beautiful day EVERY bleeping DAY for years !! Did she not think people were sick of that šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
The fake laugh does my head in. Eoghan seems quite intelligent and she comes across as quite dim.
[/QUOTE]
Takes a day off to catch up on sleep...Wrecked getting up for 6am.. she finishes at 9am for God's sake.. I start at 6am and dont finish until 3.30 everyday.. sicken ya

Reactions: 8
The fake laugh does my head in. Eoghan seems quite intelligent and she comes across as quite dim.
Takes a day off to catch up on sleep...Wrecked getting up for 6am.. she finishes at 9am for God's sake.. I start at 6am and dont finish until 3.30 everyday.. sicken ya
[/QUOTE]

I hate this argument to be fair, early starts are tough and they've often taken it out of me to the point that I too have taken a day off here and there to just recharge.

Definitely not her biggest fan but she works!

Reactions: 5
Doireann making a big deal of "No wine November" and caving on November 6th. šŸ˜‚

I know she hurt herself but it stilll gave me a chuckle šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think ail he has been disgraceful to suggest giving birth in a pandemic is grand in Irish maternity hospitals who have the most in humane rules surrounding Covid in the world. That said Iā€™m sure she received preferential treatment. Iā€™m a HCW who gave birth in the rotunda during this pandemic and let me tell you it was barbaric and itā€™s been so so hard ever since too. Why does she have to act as if itā€™s all gravy? It does such a disservice to Irish women when she could be using her voice to advocate for more humane relaxation of the restrictions

Reactions: 10
I think ail he has been disgraceful to suggest giving birth in a pandemic is grand in Irish maternity hospitals who have the most in humane rules surrounding Covid in the world. That said Iā€™m sure she received preferential treatment. Iā€™m a HCW who gave birth in the rotunda during this pandemic and let me tell you it was barbaric and itā€™s been so so hard ever since too. Why does she have to act as if itā€™s all gravy? It does such a disservice to Irish women when she could be using her voice to advocate for more humane relaxation of the restrictions
I gave birth in the pandemic too. Probably being harsh here but Iā€™m not interested in her sugar coated view of motherhood. But the sheep will be all over it. Giving these nobodyā€™s a platform. Itā€™s beggars belief.

Reactions: 10
Yeah Iā€™m the same, used to really love the podcast but thereā€™s no creativity, the format got old very fast.

Itā€™s not great compared to other Irish podcasts like Bandwagons which I would 100% recommend! And wasnā€™t Doireannā€™s podcast number one in Ireland on Spotify recently?? šŸ˜®
Especially when she had every member of her family on at one stage šŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 1
Iā€™d say he was ragin when he lost is drive time slot to pair up with an amateur in the morning.
He approached her and they recorded something and pitched for the breakfast job. Maybe he didn't know then how annoying she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I listened to the podcast as Iā€™m due to give birth again in a few weeks and Iā€™m far from a private patient like Ailbhe so i was interested to hear her take on things. To be honest she is just too sweet to be wholesome! She mentions about other mothers giving advice when it isnā€™t appreciated etc... and thatā€™s about as raw as she gets! she doesnā€™t really give any advice herself to be fair but Iā€™m just sick of going online and watching her so in love, so in awe, so everything is hunky dory all the time! Makes the podcast sound a little unbelievable when she says how ā€œhardā€ she found it or is finding it! She has her mam around the corner from her able to see the baby on walks daily. My poor mam might not see this baby for months the rate things are going coz sheā€™s living in total fear of breaking lockdown rules. Go watch Caroline Foran for a bit with her screaming baby and youā€™d have an idea of the reality of being a FTM or anytime mam for that matter. The whole process leading up to Ailbheā€™s birthing was magical! Her consultant was a godsend! Iā€™ve seen my consultant twice and thatā€™s with complications. Iā€™m finding it far from magical to tell you the truth except for one amazing. Midwife who is so clued in. Ailbhe had a scan at 38 weeks and a day later went for an induction, laboured immediately, popped him out within 12 hours! She was so lucky! The Everymum podcast obviously wants positive birthing stories out there I get that and agree! Itā€™s very hard to listen to complications! Especially when you are due but I think now more than ever the public should be so enraged at this level of barbarism within the Irish maternity sector and there are women whose awful experiences arenā€™t being echoed like these positive ones! Itā€™s not fair on them and itā€™s not fair on future mothers to be.

I'm completely done with the amount of needless airtime the Garrihys get. Every time I click into news stories it's like "One of the Garrihys posted this on insta" as a headline. Jog on nobody cares.

However I much rather hear the "it was grand" stories over the "it was absolutely barbaric" stories. No point scaring other people because you had a bad experience, no matter what it is you are experiencing. For example the people who say smear tests are horrific. Everyone's experience will be somewhat different. Maybe Ailbhe was trying to be a comfort rather than a scare.

Reactions: 11
I listened to the podcast as Iā€™m due to give birth again in a few weeks and Iā€™m far from a private patient like Ailbhe so i was interested to hear her take on things. To be honest she is just too sweet to be wholesome! She mentions about other mothers giving advice when it isnā€™t appreciated etc... and thatā€™s about as raw as she gets! she doesnā€™t really give any advice herself to be fair but Iā€™m just sick of going online and watching her so in love, so in awe, so everything is hunky dory all the time! Makes the podcast sound a little unbelievable when she says how ā€œhardā€ she found it or is finding it! She has her mam around the corner from her able to see the baby on walks daily. My poor mam might not see this baby for months the rate things are going coz sheā€™s living in total fear of breaking lockdown rules. Go watch Caroline Foran for a bit with her screaming baby and youā€™d have an idea of the reality of being a FTM or anytime mam for that matter. The whole process leading up to Ailbheā€™s birthing was magical! Her consultant was a godsend! Iā€™ve seen my consultant twice and thatā€™s with complications. Iā€™m finding it far from magical to tell you the truth except for one amazing. Midwife who is so clued in. Ailbhe had a scan at 38 weeks and a day later went for an induction, laboured immediately, popped him out within 12 hours! She was so lucky! The Everymum podcast obviously wants positive birthing stories out there I get that and agree! Itā€™s very hard to listen to complications! Especially when you are due but I think now more than ever the public should be so enraged at this level of barbarism within the Irish maternity sector and there are women whose awful experiences arenā€™t being echoed like these positive ones! Itā€™s not fair on them and itā€™s not fair on future mothers to be.
I didnā€™t listen to it and wonā€™t. Hadnā€™t realised she went for induction at that stage. Does she say why? I understand your fears. They are all valid. My baby has severe reflux. Born in middle of pandemic and no support from family coz of lockdown. It has been very tough. I wish you all the best.

He approached her and they recorded something and pitched for the breakfast job. Maybe he didn't know then how annoying she is.
Interesting! šŸ§ I did not know that. I have pity for the two of them in the mornings. I think Eoghan can make his dislike for her very obvious at times which, Iā€™d imagine, might put her on edge. I think she sometimes strives too hard to be ā€˜peppy radioā€™. Sheā€™s just too much. She can be funny and genuine at times though. It must be hard working with someone who doesnā€™t like you or what you come from...šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
I think if people are expected to train their dogs to stay by their side 100% of the time you should be expected to train your dog to deal with other dogs approaching. Especially if your dog is the one lashing out.

Very unrealistic to keep dogs on leads all the time.
sorry but dogs will be dogs and lash out now and again. Itā€™s a rule you should have your dog on a lead and it is very realistic to keep you dog on a lead , just put a lead on its simple. Dogs will protect their owners

ā€œFocused on controlling the uncontrollablesā€ ??? That sentence makes absolutely no sense, either something is controllable or uncontrollable. They are not uncontrollable if you are controlling them. Itā€™s a contradiction. Who writes this shite?!

I think its supposed to be a spin on the well used phrase in business "control the controllables"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.