The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get why people think the husband isn’t present just because he’s not in photos. My husband isn’t on any social media so I don’t share many pics of him. My social media is usually just me and a occasionally the children. He’s very much present though!!

Reactions: 6
Yes. I was thinking the same about Emma. All gift and swipe ups now..still like her though but definitely playing the blogger game of lets tell insta what has broken or what I like....boom the gifts come in
She left her job with the HSE and is now full time her own business. I was at a baby event with her when i had my second.. she was on her 3rd. She looks completely different in real life and heavily filters photos... How i knew it was her was i heard her talking and her mam was with her. She isnt that size in reality. She actually didnt come across as nice on the day at all and was very very dismissive - only wanted to talk to certain "influencers" who were there. I was there as my friend is attached to the brand - and wanted me to come as a mother to see it etc.. Is there a thread for her? Also can someone send me the Dr Laura Thread i cant see it ......

Reactions: 4
I don’t get why people think the husband isn’t present just because he’s not in photos. My husband isn’t on any social media so I don’t share many pics of him. My social media is usually just me and a occasionally the children. He’s very much present though!!
You probably don’t document your entire life online though the way Aoibhin does. Her whole life is in full view and he’s nowhere to be seen.

He also flew halfway around the world to climb a mountain when they were only newlyweds, which I always thought was a bit weird. Certainly not typical behaviour for a newly married couple. They clearly live very separate lives, which is pretty sad considering the rumours and the fact they’ve a young family.

Reactions: 5
You probably don’t document your entire life online though the way Aoibhin does. Her whole life is in full view and he’s nowhere to be seen.

He also flew halfway around the world to climb a mountain when they were only newlyweds, which I always thought was a bit weird. Certainly not typical behaviour for a newly married couple. They clearly live very separate lives, which is pretty sad considering the rumours and the fact they’ve a young family.
I’m sure he just doesn’t want to be online. He’s not a celebrity. It was probably his life’s dream to climb Everest. She competed in Dancing with the Stars just after they got married - is that weird too?

Reactions: 7
I’m sure he just doesn’t want to be online. He’s not a celebrity. It was probably his life’s dream to climb Everest. She competed in Dancing with the Stars just after they got married - is that weird too?
No, of course not and I’m not sure why you’re asking. That was work, in Ireland. Not even remotely comparable to flying to the opposite side of the world alone for a hobby

Reactions: 2
I was going by what people here has said previously. People who apparently live locally and say it’s always just her & the girls. And also, for me personally, I wouldn’t do a magazine shoot unless my husband was on board and part of it too. As I’d rather be featured as a family or not at all. But hey, we’re all different, aren’t we?

I have no ill feeling towards him or Aoibhin. I think that’s clear from my comments

Yes. I was thinking the same about Emma. All gift and swipe ups now..still like her though but definitely playing the blogger game of lets tell insta what has broken or what I like....boom the gifts come in

Yeah.. I like her too. I’m just more interested in the mummy blogger side of things. I imagine it’s easy to get caught up in the freebies and “swipe ups” when opportunities come your way.

I think Beaut Truth gets the balance right. She talks about make up and fashion and works with a few companies but you don’t feel like she’s trying to sell constantly.

Anyway... I‘ve gone off topic there.. sorry

Reactions: 1
Re John not being pictured in the magazine shoot, I'm sure I read a comment on her Insta from one of the hair or makeup people thanking both of them for their hospitality on the day, so clearly he was there but didn't want to or wasn't asked to be featured.
I think that's fair enough tbh - she's the one whose job it is to sell her lifestyle, and if he's not into it, he's right to just not get involved.
What's the story with the his and hers shower situation though - are they actually in the same room (as I'm sure she referred to the green-tiled shower as 'John's corner') or is the green shower part of an en suite, perhaps?

Reactions: 4
Another here wondering is the green shower also in the pink bathroom? It could be an ensuite? She had another bathroom with a fan shapped tile backsplash that looked lovely... There's an awful lot going on and from the bits shown its a combo of vintage and then very on trend colours. It's a change from the all grey decor everyone else has...

Reactions: 3
No, of course not and I’m not sure why you’re asking. That was work, in Ireland. Not even remotely comparable to flying to the opposite side of the world alone for a hobby
Maybe that was the only chance he was going to have to do it? You can't just go and do it whenever you like so he would have planned it ages in advance

Maybe that was the only chance he was going to have to do it? You can't just go and do it whenever you like so he would have planned it ages in advance
I realise that and I just think it was a weird time to do it. And to have such an expensive, time-consuming hobby that occurs thousands of miles away doesn’t lend itself very well to family life. That’s just my opinion, I’m not asking you to agree with it.

My hubby would do it at the drop of a hat if he could. Major life goal for many I’m sure. I don’t think it’s weird at all,didn’t she go with him for some of it.

Reactions: 7
My hubby would do it at the drop of a hat if he could. Major life goal for many I’m sure. I don’t think it’s weird at all,didn’t she go with him for some of it.
Better to do it before they'd kids but if I were newly married I'd freak at my husband doing anything so dangerous. She was with him at base camp AFAIR yeah

Agree I don't find it strange at all.
He did it for charity and set up a teenage mental health charity.

Ironic that Aoibhin talks about saving goals in the video for Lidl. She mentions saving for staycations. Wasn't her staycation this year an ad like everything else!

Reactions: 9
Ironic that Aoibhin talks about saving goals in the video for Lidl. She mentions saving for staycations. Wasn't her staycation this year an ad like everything else!
I always feel very talked down to by her. Any of us that have been Mums for longer than Aoibhin how did we manage without her great advice? To think Fair City has been the highlight of her career.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I always feel very talked down to by her. Any of us that have been Mums for longer than Aoibhin how did we manage without her great advice? To think Fair City has been the highlight of her career.
have to say I feel the same - easy be the dream mom when you’re not worried about money !

She can be very preachy and condescending. The way she talks about Lidl in the video its like its a whole new shopping experience. I highly doubt she shopped in lidl before they coughed up!

Reactions: 6
She left her job with the HSE and is now full time her own business. I was at a baby event with her when i had my second.. she was on her 3rd. She looks completely different in real life and heavily filters photos... How i knew it was her was i heard her talking and her mam was with her. She isnt that size in reality. She actually didnt come across as nice on the day at all and was very very dismissive - only wanted to talk to certain "influencers" who were there. I was there as my friend is attached to the brand - and wanted me to come as a mother to see it etc.. Is there a thread for her? Also can someone send me the Dr Laura Thread i cant see it ......
There is a thread for Emma - lots of people seem to like her. I’m not decided yet I feel like she doesn’t really portray a realistic image of life with 3 kids and the constant sensory play lectures drive me nuts. Not everyone is happy to let their children completely wreck their house!!
sorry I don’t know how to link the thread for her to this one I’ll mess with it and see can I do it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.