The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, and how did she go from Spin to hosting a breakfast show on 2fm?
Louise McSharry has spoken about how hard it is to claw your way into a DJ gig in RTE, and Doireann did it in 2 years? Gway outta that
Well spin and todayfm are owned by comunicorp so Iā€™m sure It helped her get in to Spin. He would have had contacts in rte and also that abhoinn was in fair city. She is also on the books of Noel Kellyā€™s Agency so that would be a big help. To be honest she ticks a lot of boxes for 2fm, young, female and has big social media following so I am not surprised she has Landed a Good gig with them. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if she was able to negotiate a good deal with them. She wouldā€™ve got a gig with today fm I sure. They are probably raging they missed out on her given all the issues that have the last few years with their lineup

Reactions: 9
Iā€™ve often been tempted to go to one but the price of the tickets was madness. Are the goody bags decent? Iā€™ve never loved her guest lineup either Sile Seoige isnā€™t my cuppa. I would have liked to see Dr Doireann Oā€™Leary in Cork when she was on I do like her but I wasnā€™t able to go.
SĆ­le Seoige never stops commenting on their posts! She is hoping to become relevant! Move over Seoige, thereā€™s new sisters in town!

I know it sounds silly but it really annoys me them going out and buying puppies too. Thousands of beautiful dogs in the pound and Iā€™m pretty sure Doireann did spon with the dspca at one stage
She got her dog as a present from the new fella. To be honest I thought it was an insensitive thing to do given that Ailbhe only lost her doggy a few weeks before that. I also find buying surprise pets for someoneā€™s birthday or Christmas to be really lazy and ill considered. I have a dog and myself and my husband thought about this for a long time, thought about what was suitable for us, whether we would have the time or make the time and eventually signed up to adopt. We were happy to take any little thing that came our way and we hit gold with our dog. You have to give rescue dogs a chance. Iā€™m very vocal about people buying designer dogs. The Gram has a lot to answer for these days! But judging from Paddyā€™s insta profile which is private he seems moronic... who names their cars and motorbikes on their bio like the bloggers who write ā€œmummy to šŸ¶, šŸ’ to Dopey and šŸ‘°šŸ¼to beā€? Like this is what defines people these days. So Iā€™m not surprised he went off and bought a dog instead of going to rescue one!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I was in school with the girls and theyā€™re all absolutely gorgeous. Really lovely family who havenā€™t changed at all over the years. In school they were cool but never witches and would have a good conversation with anyone. Claire and Eugine are truly kind people. They didnā€™t come from much but worked their arses off to get to a place of solid financial comfort. They also do huge amounts of charity work and the houses they built in Romania for orphans are spectacular. Eugine organised for groups from the school to volunteer in Romania and took such pride in educating more people about the corruption there so we could come home fighting for change. Most of their charity work is under the radar. Only thing I could ever say about then is Iā€™m devastated Aoibheann got braces to close the gap between her front two teeth, I always think people with that gap look so endearing šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ there are a lot of wolves in sheepā€™s clothing out there but these girls are from such a lovely, wholesome family.

Reactions: 61
Sure no wonder if Dzoireann is insecure, two blonde legs eleven sisters to live up too.

I think Dzoireann was probably the soundest of the bunch, until she let it go to her head.

She was on Dara Quiltys podcast, and spoke about how people thought she got in easy into radio - she explained that she did courses etc, but she's Ian Dempsey's goddaughter - of course that meant something! She went from doing impressions on Snapchat to hosting a 2fm radio show in the space of 2 years like?
So did Pamela Joyce to be fair. I donā€™t know if she has links but RTƉ knew how to increase their listenership. Iā€™m kinda glad that these not so normal ā€œnormalā€ people have the jobs and not some of the other bloggers because they canā€™t hold a conversation or have interests outside of beauty, makeup, anxiety etc. Doireann drives me a little mad with the giving off the girl next door vibe and the country accents but I can tolerate her. Aoibhinn just gives off the whole zen lifestyle. Thatā€™s easy when your husband is a millionaire, inherited one of the westā€™s most popular hotels and has multiple other businesses. Sure she need not bother with BEO! Sheā€™s a kept woman.

I liked Ailbhe until she got a rake of freebies for doing nothing and Iā€™m like duck has anyone got any morals and can they just say ā€œyouā€™re grand, I'm buying my own pram! I have the money. Give it to someone else in my name even!ā€ Like you can be sure that had Ailbhe been approached by a different brand she probably wouldnā€™t be promoting Baby Elegance. Their shite will fall apart soon and sheā€™ll be off to Tony Kealy for the Bugaboo! Also 6 months into the pregnancy she mentioned how she bought nothing but a couple of zip baby grows and I thought that a subtle way of saying ā€œsend me freebies, my baby is nakedā€. I will say that she did get a few free things for the wedding but she was fairly transparent with them.

All three of the girls were groomed by their parents to be in the spotlight from speech and language, drama etc. Their elocution annoys me. Especially Aoibhinnā€™s! And they all have a chunk of the business already so they were lucky in that sense they could pursue other interests/dreams.

She was a host on Spin for a few years. Ian Dempsey doesnā€™t work for RTE.
Spin and today fm both owned by Denis O Brien

Reactions: 8
Some pro Gardashian propaganda šŸ™„ I donā€™t know I get the feeling theyā€™d trample over anyone for a freebie or a chance to promote themselves. Kinda disappointed that Aibhle is now jumping on the promo band wagon without a second thought šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

I was in school with the girls and theyā€™re all absolutely gorgeous. Really lovely family who havenā€™t changed at all over the years. In school they were cool but never witches and would have a good conversation with anyone. Claire and Eugine are truly kind people. They didnā€™t come from much but worked their arses off to get to a place of solid financial comfort. They also do huge amounts of charity work and the houses they built in Romania for orphans are spectacular. Eugine organised for groups from the school to volunteer in Romania and took such pride in educating more people about the corruption there so we could come home fighting for change. Most of their charity work is under the radar. Only thing I could ever say about then is Iā€™m devastated Aoibheann got braces to close the gap between her front two teeth, I always think people with that gap look so endearing šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ there are a lot of wolves in sheepā€™s clothing out there but these girls are from such a lovely, wholesome family.
Iā€™m amazed thereā€™s even a thread about them to be honest - I think theyā€™re fab. Donā€™t come with any of the fakeness and contrivement that most of the plastic faced Irish Insta blogger hunz have. Itā€™s not even that people are giving out about them on this as such...itā€™s like people canā€™t believe that they genuinely might just be nice, drama-free girls after all šŸ˜‚ I get how people would grow tiresome of the Oirishness and the impersonations etc but thatā€™s what everyone loved about them all along so maybe itā€™s growing stale. They seem well brought up and itā€™s nice to read that they are chatty and friendly to most that have met them or went to school with them, you donā€™t read that a lot on here. I know sheā€™s not leggy and blonde but I think Doireann is really pretty and cool in her own way and has nice style - would take her any day over the likes of Rosie Conn or Just Jordan plugging their crappy Boohoo tat with their botoxed faces. Doireann is far more endearing and has a brain and a personality. Just cos people compare her to her sisters (I mean come on, Aoibhin is almost unfairly stunningšŸ˜‚) doesnā€™t mean sheā€™s not pretty - she can look very well!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
SĆ­le Seoige never stops commenting on their posts! She is hoping to become relevant! Move over Seoige, thereā€™s new sisters in town!

She got her dog as a present from the new fella. To be honest I thought it was an insensitive thing to do given that Ailbhe only lost her doggy a few weeks before that. I also find buying surprise pets for someoneā€™s birthday or Christmas to be really lazy and ill considered. I have a dog and myself and my husband thought about this for a long time, thought about what was suitable for us, whether we would have the time or make the time and eventually signed up to adopt. We were happy to take any little thing that came our way and we hit gold with our dog. You have to give rescue dogs a chance. Iā€™m very vocal about people buying designer dogs. The Gram has a lot to answer for these days! But judging from Paddyā€™s insta profile which is private he seems moronic... who names their cars and motorbikes on their bio like the bloggers who write ā€œmummy to šŸ¶, šŸ’ to Dopey and šŸ‘°šŸ¼to beā€? Like this is what defines people these days. So Iā€™m not surprised he went off and bought a dog instead of going to rescue one!

I also think buying a puppy in a new relationship is like a trap. She wonā€™t leave him now sure they have a dog together! šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I like them on the whole. I want to BE clare garrihy šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. The ads annoy me and they are pretty constant now. I thought the boyfriend buying the puppy and poor bob only gone was a total WTF and has to have been side eyed by the whole family. I love having a peek into the mams house and I'm sure we will get a good look at aoibhin mansion as it comes together in clare.

Cant put my finger on it but there is something about the mother...shes once said something derogatory about parents managing childrens tantrums/behaviour in public or something I cant remember exactly but I just thought how ignorant a comment because her experience of raising children didnt have that but some children cant handle certain situations because of sensory issues etc anyway small children have tantrums it is normal part of development and its how they express they are not happy. Its not a a way to annoy a parent and for someone to remark and say parents cant handle their children. Awful.
I thought Aoibhin was striking on TV on insta but I saw her in person and her skin wasnt like it is on her insta or her hair colour. I barely noticed her it was the child i recognised. She uses alot of filters it didnt look like the same person. Which is annoying. I'm all for putting your best foot forward but why use filters all the time. People think shes stunning etc and she is but Instagram is fake and what she portrays isn't real.

Reactions: 5
They forgot about Bob fairly quick. How long was it before she got Bertie. Who Is doireanns boyfriend? It looked like when they were staying the hotel that he drives a Range Rover.
Someone said on another thread hes loaded..privately educated..his dad is a consultant etc

Annoyed me how Doireann posted oh what hotels is dog friendly?Few days later a freebie hotel stay in BrooklodgešŸ™„Like i'm sure they know how to use google

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
When is Ailbhe's baby due? My sense of time is shot by the lockdown, but I presume it's a honeymoon souvenir? I'm predicting a weird Irish name too like rƩiltƭn or seoidƭn?

Reactions: 7
Someone said on another thread hes loaded..privately educated..his dad is a consultant etc

Annoyed me how Doireann posted oh what hotels is dog friendly?Few days later a freebie hotel stay in BrooklodgešŸ™„Like i'm sure they know how to use google
Ya Doireann was living rent free for years in her parents house and I'm sure has an amazing income. People like her should be trying to support irish businesses at a time like this. The only hotel they truly support is the armada spanning point. Was there for a wedding before, its grand. Great location but I wouldn't spend money there going forward purely because its so shoved down my throat. I'm sure there are loads of other gorgeous hotels in clare.

Reactions: 4
Ya Doireann was living rent free for years in her parents house and I'm sure has an amazing income. People like her should be trying to support irish businesses at a time like this. The only hotel they truly support is the armada spanning point. Was there for a wedding before, its grand. Great location but I wouldn't spend money there going forward purely because its so shoved down my throat. I'm sure there are loads of other gorgeous hotels in clare.
Aoibhin's husband owns the Armada, I wouldn't consider it supporting so much as marketing!

Glad Ailbhe and RuairĆ­ didn't marry there though

Reactions: 2
Aoibhin's husband owns the Armada, I wouldn't consider it supporting so much as marketing!

They married in hotel doolin which he owns too. Well, on one of their two wedding days.. who knew thatā€™s a thing

I was surprised they didn't. They had a strange set up to their wedding though. They obviously loved the venue for day 1 but it wouldnt fit everyone. Then had a day 2 and basically had a second wedding reception then. It seemed a bit much!

I am surprised how much freebies Ailbhe gets say now for the baby and in the past for her wedding given she isnt really well known. As others said she is only known as their sister.

Reactions: 6
I was surprised they didn't. They had a strange set up to their wedding though. They obviously loved the venue for day 1 but it wouldnt fit everyone. Then had a day 2 and basically had a second wedding reception then. It seemed a bit much!

I am surprised how much freebies Ailbhe gets say now for the baby and in the past for her wedding given she isnt really well known. As others said she is only known as their sister.
Part of the deal is probably for the other sisters to mention to free gear too

Reactions: 1

Basically to cut costs had close family and friends to the hotel that costs a fortune the. Just having a party in 2nd hotel, Iā€™m sure you lot all have been at a after wedding party at some stage in your lives šŸ˜³

Basically to cut costs had close family and friends to the hotel that costs a fortune the. Just having a party in 2nd hotel, Iā€™m sure you lot all have been at a after wedding party at some stage in your lives šŸ˜³
I never go to after's if invited. Either I go to the entire thing or nothing. The wedding is the actually ceremony and I wont make up numbers at the afters.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.