The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wtf is her reel about? 😂
I think she’s deleted it 😭😭 sad I missed it! Must have been awful😂

I love that the off topic salt chat has continued 😂 didn’t want to be the one to drag it up again, I’m a salt snob too! I chatted with one of our workplace occupational nurses about salt (sounds weird but it came up!) and she said sea and rock salt are good for you despite salts bad press because they have so many minerals in that we don’t get in most of our food which is why the fancy ones taste so good. She said the supermarket cheap kind you put in a shaker tend not to be very good for you as they’re mostly just sodium. I felt very justified in my overpriced salt taste after that!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s still there on her grid on the Alex stedman insta rather than the frugality. If we are keeping the salt chat going then fleur de sel from France is lovely. It’s kind of damp and gritty like sand but so salty

Reactions: 6
I think she’s deleted it 😭😭 sad I missed it! Must have been awful😂

I love that the off topic salt chat has continued 😂 didn’t want to be the one to drag it up again, I’m a salt snob too! I chatted with one of our workplace occupational nurses about salt (sounds weird but it came up!) and she said sea and rock salt are good for you despite salts bad press because they have so many minerals in that we don’t get in most of our food which is why the fancy ones taste so good. She said the supermarket cheap kind you put in a shaker tend not to be very good for you as they’re mostly just sodium. I felt very justified in my overpriced salt taste after that!
I love this little insight and god damn it, I’m buying new salt today! 💪🏻

Reactions: 3
muahahaha, there is Alex, living in a 700k house owning a 70£ salt and pepper mills, using a 20p salt :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How oh how can you not use a garden for 4 years!!! It’s such a luxury to have in London and wouldn’t have taken more than a day to clear a part of it just so you could use it before making it look pretty! Although it took her 2 years to paint the staircase!!
I couldn’t handle how slow they are at doing everything, especially when they don’t have 9-5 jobs and commutes to deal with too

Reactions: 8
How oh how can you not use a garden for 4 years!!! It’s such a luxury to have in London and wouldn’t have taken more than a day to clear a part of it just so you could use it before making it look pretty! Although it took her 2 years to paint the staircase!!
I couldn’t handle how slow they are at doing everything, especially when they don’t have 9-5 jobs and commutes to deal with too
The explanation is simple - because in order for them to do it up, it has to be insta worthy. So it needs to be FB paint, John Lewis equivalent deck chairs, fairy lights, expensive tiles but they are too stingy to pay it with their own money, so they rather wait until the golden opportunity for a company to reach out to them, then it will be a GRAND GARDEN MAKEOVER

Reactions: 11
It beggers belief! And with a child too! I don't understand how they'd rather have stayed cooped up in the house for 4 summers instead of outside. Also, what the hell is that Reels about?!

Today’s the first time I’ve looked at the Frugality account and I’m so confused. Why is she doing ads on her account and talking about her kitchen on the new one? The split makes no sense. Kind of shocked she remortgaged, then took credit card debt and a loan to pay for the kitchen.

Today’s the first time I’ve looked at the Frugality account and I’m so confused. Why is she doing ads on her account and talking about her kitchen on the new one? The split makes no sense. Kind of shocked she remortgaged, then took credit card debt and a loan to pay for the kitchen.
I thought the same, remortgage, cc and a loan and saying work dried up 😳 and then she’s said that they need lots of work done on the outside....there doesn’t seem to be any pot if something goes wrong that needs to be fixed. Totally living beyond their means

It's like has been said before on this thread - think they know that they will get bailed out by family if they really need it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Honestly can't believe they had a garden available to them for 4 years and they didn't sort it out. In London as well! So weird.

Reactions: 8
Honestly can't believe they had a garden available to them for 4 years and they didn't sort it out. In London as well! So weird.
And I remember her moaning about not having a garden during lockdown and how tough it was staying indoors with a toddler. I remember thinking that was obnoxious considering even their house isn’t that small for the three of them. I mean we live in a 30m2 flat with a balcony that can just about fit 4 plants. Now knowing that they do have a garden it makes her sound just stupid.

Also, what is she doing with that reel about food that doesn’t need to be fancy? It’s like a child trying to imagine what it’s like to be an adult and make very adult decisions. 😆

Someone mentioned this before but she really is like a rich person trying to imagine how poor people live.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Almost seems like they never even look after Peggy. She’s with the grandparents 2 days a week and nursery 3 days a week. Shock to the system if they have another little one and there’s another lockdown. Everyone says this is such a nice time to spend together but we all know those who say that are covering their bullsh*t and they’re the one struggling the most!

Reactions: 2
Find it odd in her Whitstable guide she’s recommended places that they never tried, just ate their packed lunches and fish and chips. Too tight to spend a few quid on a meal but happy to use other people’s recommendations to make money

Reactions: 10
Find it odd in her Whitstable guide she’s recommended places that they never tried, just ate their packed lunches and fish and chips. Too tight to spend a few quid on a meal but happy to use other people’s recommendations to make money
Yeah its so weird! I could just go ahead and write a bloody guide to Dubai then (somewhere I haven't been), because I can just google and ask recommendations for places to eat. Lazy witch and also grates on me that they got a free couple of nights stay but didn't even want to give back to the local economy. If they're that skint then just don't go!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The windows/doors look great, everyone seems to be obsessed with this style at the moment though which makes me like it less 😂 she keeps making a point about not recommending the company who did it - fair enough but they must be a bit miffed!

They do look great but I was surprised how small the space was. I guess it was money constraints which is a shame, but it doesn't look like they can even fit a proper size dining table in there, let alone a sofa/tv etc like others do in their kitchen/family rooms. Their house is not small and neither is the garden so I'm sure they could have gone bigger in theory.

Reactions: 4
The windows/doors look great, everyone seems to be obsessed with this style at the moment though which makes me like it less 😂 she keeps making a point about not recommending the company who did it - fair enough but they must be a bit miffed!
We had that style of window in our old flat and they may look good but they’re an absolute nightmare

She won’t recommend because they were pretty expensive for aluminium 😂

she’ll say because they had bad service or some crap.

She’s not transparent if she’s not getting something out of it. They’d weren’t gifted, she’s not getting paid to recommend the company and were so expensive she will be rinced for it.

It’s like just say where you got them from and let others make their own decision or not to use the same company if the reason is you had a bad experience?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.