The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also found it odd that she asked for recommendations for places to go and then didn’t use any of them....you’re on a freebie, at least put a little bit back into the local economy, it was only 2 night stay, would see the point if it was weeks but just seems a bit random

Reactions: 8
I don’t know anyone who lives on a 700k house with Fb paint. I also don’t know anyone who pack food away for a 2 night stays, unless you have a massive family or your teenage kids...all these screams living beyond your means, not frugal.

She has really weird priorities for sure.

Also, it was self catering accommodation - wouldn't it be more unusual to not buy your own food? Who goes on a self catering holiday and expects to eat out for every single meal? She's like a rich person pretending to be poor. Sometimes it borders on offensive.

Reactions: 13
I’m properly confused about the two accounts, and she seems to be too as she posts almost identical content on both.

I think ‘a rich person pretending to be poor‘ is a very apt description.

Reactions: 12
I think what is so ironic is that Alex and many other of he influencers are always saying to us mere mortals ‘promote small brands’ which often come at a cost over using amazon etc.

But yet Alex wasn’t prepared to put some money back into the local Whitstable economy and eat out? Especially given she’s on a free holiday too.

Just reeks of double standards

Reactions: 12
I think what is so ironic is that Alex and many other of he influencers are always saying to us mere mortals ‘promote small brands’ which often come at a cost over using amazon etc.

But yet Alex wasn’t prepared to put some money back into the local Whitstable economy and eat out? Especially given she’s on a free holiday too.

Just reeks of double standards
I can’t even figure out if it is double standards, her message confuses me so much my head is spinning.
I think her message is save on food & you will be able to afford more luxury homewards. I’m not sure if technically that can be labelled frugal.
The only thing she seems to save on is food. The office she’s renting might be cheap but it’s not obvious to me why she needs it

Reactions: 7
I’ve said before the way they live their lives fascinates me.

A while ago she posted about their honeymoon to Japan and she was tripping over herself to explain how they’d done it as cheaply as possible. I just though come on! Have a day off - it was your honeymoon you are allowed to splurge a bit more if you want - stop apologising.

Reactions: 5
They’re really weird when it comes to food. They eat like students.

• Haha
I can’t even figure out if it is double standards, her message confuses me so much my head is spinning.
I think her message is save on food & you will be able to afford more luxury homewards. I’m not sure if technically that can be labelled frugal.
The only thing she seems to save on is food. The office she’s renting might be cheap but it’s not obvious to me why she needs it
They’ve got rid of the office, she mentioned it a couple of weeks ago

Reactions: 2
£10 on a ladle :rolleyes: why does her husband owe her half for the overpriced utensils?

Reactions: 2
I know this sounds snipey but I find the whole ‘pregnancy/motherhood is so hard and I’m always so tired and I can’t even be bothered to get dressed or clean my teeth or get out of bed’ incredibly bloody irritating.

Reactions: 4
£10 on a ladle :rolleyes: why does her husband owe her half for the overpriced utensils?
Yeah I find this odd too. Each to their own, but I can't imagine having to divvy up half of everything with my husband. Surely it's easier to each pay a sum into a joint account to cover household expenses if you don't want to share all income.

Yeah I find this odd too. Each to their own, but I can't imagine having to divvy up half of everything with my husband. Surely it's easier to each pay a sum into a joint account to cover household expenses if you don't want to share all income.
I don’t think she is serious, like some posters say, rich people’s hobby is to play poor. She can believe she is frugal all she wants, but truly frugal people don’t buy expensive ladle and term it as ‘investment’

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she is serious, like some posters say, rich people’s hobby is to play poor. She can believe she is frugal all she wants, but truly frugal people don’t buy expensive ladle and term it as ‘investment’
Totally agree, except that I do think she is serious. The kind of person who informs their hundreds of thousands of followers that they have £2 in their bank account, is the kind of person who doesn't see anything wrong with also telling them that they make their partner pay half of every little thing. I think she is really tight and she mistakes that for being frugal, except that she is only tight about certain things.

Am sure she’s said before that they pay half of everything and she makes him give her the money for stuff like that. Fair enough if that’s your agreement but they work together and take their salaries from one business so seems so odd to me that they don’t have a joint account for house expenses....also if I told my OH I’d spent £10 on a ladle and wanted half I’m pretty sure I know what he’d say 😂

• Haha
Am sure she’s said before that they pay half of everything and she makes him give her the money for stuff like that. Fair enough if that’s your agreement but they work together and take their salaries from one business so seems so odd to me that they don’t have a joint account for house expenses....also if I told my OH I’d spent £10 on a ladle and wanted half I’m pretty sure I know what he’d say 😂
@BlairWaldorf86 you are right it seems.

If I splurge on some expensive kitchenware, I usually don’t take it out from the joint account because I feel bad and he has not agreed to it. But if we both agreed that we want to splurge on expensive stuff then yes, it comes out from joint account.

Or the £70 salt and pepper shakers she had yesterday....
Haha to put her 20p table salt from Lidl....I literally bought table salt from Ms for 20p 2 days ago.

Reactions: 3
@BlairWaldorf86 you are right it seems.

If I splurge on some expensive kitchenware, I usually don’t take it out from the joint account because I feel bad and he has not agreed to it. But if we both agreed that we want to splurge on expensive stuff then yes, it comes out from joint account.

Haha to put her 20p table salt from Lidl....I literally bought table salt from Ms for 20p 2 days ago.
That’s the irony right there....who needs £70 salt shakers for 20p salt?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.