The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think a kitchen, it doesn't go with the 'grandness' of her home. Tbh, she has a very nice front door (my fav thing:love::love:!) and I feel very let down the moment i walked in with the gallery wall.

I like her door though but not too sure if it will be dated in a few years. I don't like the floor tiles on the kitchen to 'sectiooned' off

Reactions: 1
presumably she would recommend
I don't think a kitchen, it doesn't go with the 'grandness' of her home. Tbh, she has a very nice front door (my fav thing:love::love:!) and I feel very let down the moment i walked in with the gallery wall.

I like her door though but not too sure if it will be dated in a few years. I don't like the floor tiles on the kitchen to 'sectiooned' off
Sadly the kitchen isn’t in keeping with the age/style of property. A lovely bespoke kitchen would have been nicer. Something traditional. It looks an off the peg kitchen which would be fine in lots of houses but not in her period home. Such a shame.

Reactions: 3
presumably she would recommend

Sadly the kitchen isn’t in keeping with the age/style of property. A lovely bespoke kitchen would have been nicer. Something traditional. It looks an off the peg kitchen which would be fine in lots of houses but not in her period home. Such a shame.
Totally it looks like some Ikea one and sectioning it with the floor tiles makes it looks like it is some apartment that was build in the 70s. I think she should save longer to go for a proper shaker/traditional style kitchen

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Totally it looks like some Ikea one and sectioning it with the floor tiles makes it looks like it is some apartment that was build in the 70s. I think she should save longer to go for a proper shaker/traditional style kitchen
If I couldn’t afford the kitchen that best suits my taste/house then I’d hold fire.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
They didn’t have anything though, so I suppose something is better than nothing. Personally I wouldn’t be taking on such a big project if I didn’t have the money for the basics like a kitchen/bathroom/but of turf outside, never mind giving the roof, holes in the wall etc that she’s alluded to....bitten off more than they can chew springs to mind

Reactions: 1
If I couldn’t afford the kitchen that best suits my taste/house then I’d hold fire.
Me too. Quite a let down, i absolutely love her main door. I have a weakness for stained glass windows/door. The fact that she also took CC loan and remortage to get it down :(

I don’t know. I love cooking. if it was a choice between something I could afford now or no kitchen for msybe a few years with a baby and a toddler then whack the affordable one in. They can still do something period or that suits the house more in a few years, or sell, but I couldnt have a kitchen floor Covered over with cardboard, no hob, no oven, no sink etc. I’d be miserable. Though I guess the point is she’s trying to imply they can’t afford it which is different. And I wouldn’t take on a house that out of my budget if it didn’t a least have the basics installed and I dismt have a clear plan for how I could pay for them.

it’s all very well to be ‘frugal’ but if it’s something you couldn’t afford in the first place no matter how much of a low cost you complete the job it for it’s still more than you can afford 😬

Like others i’d have wanted a bigger extension too. But then they don’t seem to care about food or ever have dinner guests so I guess a dining table doesn’t factor in to her lifestyle?

Wonder if they’ll give a more grown ups lifestyle as they expand their family. Right now they seem like squatters.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Squatters 🤣

She said the kitchen only cost 6k, including appliances. I can't remember if she clarified that further, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't include the tiles, fitting, hardware, hot water tap, maybe even the worktops. She likes to sound as frugal as possible. On the other hand, a "£6k" kitchen in a house that's got to be worth nearly a million pounds now? Ok, it is in London, but really that's not great.

It just seems more like a kitchenette than a proper kitchen. (And I think the two tone cabinets can look good but hers don't imo - there aren't enough cream cabinets.)

Reactions: 4
She seemed so much happier in her last place. I don’t know if that’s the shock of first time parenthood combined with a big renovation, but the current house doesn’t seem to have bought her much joy.

Squatters 🤣

She said the kitchen only cost 6k, including appliances. I can't remember if she clarified that further, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't include the tiles, fitting, hardware, hot water tap, maybe even the worktops. She likes to sound as frugal as possible. On the other hand, a "£6k" kitchen in a house that's got to be worth nearly a million pounds now? Ok, it is in London, but really that's not great.

It just seems more like a kitchenette than a proper kitchen. (And I think the two tone cabinets can look good but hers don't imo - there aren't enough cream cabinets.)
Hahah kitchenette so true. She is not frugal if she has gone for a £500 tap, albeit it comes with hot water. I think a lighter worktop and a lighter cabinet will look much grown up

• Haha
I’m confused about their extension. Why does it go on a diagonal? Is that where the random little painted patio space is? Where is the tiny loo that leads into the kitchen?

I’m rubbish at thinking of layouts but I feel they could have used more space for their kitchen rather than make it a tiny U shape. I agree with it looking more like a kitchenette.

I often feels she is going through the motions; wants to enjoy the job, the house, wants to enjoy motherhood, yet can’t actually relax, let her hair down or enjoy what she has. She seems to want the “profile” yet doesn’t like what comes with it which is interaction and sometimes criticism. It’s like she wants to be an influencer without the hard work.

My idea of a nice kitchen is a huge sink, but preferably two sinks. This us because i like to cook and want a place to put dirty pots and pans and dishes until I wash them up because not everything can go in a dishwasher. This is not the kitchen of someone who likes to cook.

I agree with the person who said they have bitten off more than they can chew. Not everyone has to live in zone 2/3 London in a big Victorian house with an immaculate interior and extension with crittall windows and a brand new kitchen. Especially when your income is (apparently) only £70k.

I think the loo is on the left when you enter the kitchen (behind the tall cabinets).

I feel their study/home office is a waste of space. They don’t seem to use it and don’t take photos there as the style of frugality is shooting on location rather than editing studio photos. So essentially a desk with a laptop would suffice, not to mention they do have a separate office they are renting. Their kitchen would’ve been much better had they extended it towards middle of the house where that office is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.