The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t appear much thought went into the lay-out of the kitchen units at all. Worst though is the toilet opening into the kitchen, even If it meant reducing the size of the kitchen, they should have the toilet door opening into the hall.
I didnyt think you could have a toilet directly off a kitchen Planing regs ??

Reactions: 1
On the frugality post with the eating plan and the shopping list, the items on the shopping list don’t correlate to what she’s cooking? One of the meals says quorn mince but that’s not on the shopping list, neither are aubergines or courgettes or even hash browns.... so the two things don’t match and is clearly a bit false? She’s missing all the pricier ingredients so must have done another shop on top
I said this above, I know she’s got the veg box, but loads of the other ingredients are missing, eggs, quorn etc, all the pricey ingredients, so it’s not a true reflection

Reactions: 4
I knew that was a Lidl shopping list before I read the comments. She said she doesn’t like lentils and yet she wants to cut down on meat.

Yeah agreed, the two posts almost side by side don’t make sense. I assume they have a budget they try to stick to but funds available. When you’re freelance you can’t rely on a ‘payday’ as often you’re relying on several/many different clients to pay when they say they will but unfortunately they doesn’t always happen, so if she is certain about the day she’ll have more money it’s most likely because they already have the money somewhere in my mind. Otherwise having two quid would be a meltdown situation...

Catching up, agree that the tiles are weird in the kitchen. I’d have wanted to same floor throughout especially if I was doing kitchen cupboards in two colours (which, actually I wouldn’t do 😬). She explained on stories that the light cupboards are fitting in to an original recess where a fire place was, and they worried with too many dark wall units the room would look smaller and heavy, but using lots of different colours and surfaces has kind of made it look busy and small anyway. The other half of the room is planned for a dining/seating area I think.

Also I don’t have that much of an issue with the bathroom opening to the kitchen, two loos helps the value of a property, most homes with three bedrooms now have more than a family bathroom, and a second loo is useful when there are four people sharing a house! You just teach kids the family bathroom is for number twos and that the downstairs toilet is only for having a wee, likewise a guest can probably guess the same deal and pick a bathroom appropriately? Also it’s an new extension. I’m sure the room has a proper air extraction system installed to the outside to remove oders and replace the air without having to leave the door open for ventilation.

Reactions: 1
Only £2 in the bank account, yeah sure!! Maybe in her current account but I’m sure she could just transfer some over from another account.
She then talks about her favourite Ganni dress which was probably about £200 and that stroller was about £400. She certainly isn’t ‘frugal’ and I imagine she is mortgaged up to the eyeballs

Reactions: 2
The kitchen is quite shocking and basic. Considering rest of the house I’m surprised by it

Reactions: 3
Does she want people to admire her not earning very much or being frugal with what she does earn? It comes across as the former. Both her & her husband could choose to get a regular office job. I’m just a bit confused by the message. Re mortgaging is just taking on more debt not being frugal.

Reactions: 2
Does she want people to admire her not earning very much or being frugal with what she does earn? It comes across as the former. Both her & her husband could choose to get a regular office job. I’m just a bit confused by the message. Re mortgaging is just taking on more debt not being frugal.
I remember reading something that she gives herself a £30k salary. I’m slightly dubious that that is even believable and what she deducted as ‘expenses’ but although I know it’s a good salary for many, it’s not with a house and mortgage that level and a child still living in zone 3

Reactions: 5
I was also quite surprised when she listed all of the work they still need to get done, roof, repointing, new windows etc....that’s tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of work. Not sure I’d be bothered about F&B paint and £70 a roll wallpaper if the roof needed fixing, not much point having all that if a storm comes and you end up with water pouring in. Their priorities seem off. Also how will they ever afford to get that done if they’re already mortgaged to the hilt. They won’t be able to keep borrowing/extending their mortgage forever

Reactions: 7
I was also quite surprised when she listed all of the work they still need to get done, roof, repointing, new windows etc....that’s tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of work. Not sure I’d be bothered about F&B paint and £70 a roll wallpaper if the roof needed fixing, not much point having all that if a storm comes and you end up with water pouring in. Their priorities seem off. Also how will they ever afford to get that done if they’re already mortgaged to the hilt. They won’t be able to keep borrowing/extending their mortgage forever
Some of these couples baffle me why doesn’t one of them get a regular job?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.