The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s shocking how few followers the business page now has in comparison to her personal one. I don’t think anyone had followed the original Frugality for budgeting tips but rather for her personality. She may have made a huge mistake by splitting the two and put other Frugality contributors in a precarious position. Not sure why she hasn’t started pulling over some older content that fits the new page, no one would mind, even if it looked like recycled content, at least it wouldn’t be lost amongst personal posts of family life.

Reactions: 4
D71B32B1-19A9-4E66-9088-35D85C91B56B.png

Why? Why is this on The Frugality? A site that’s supposed to have been sharing wisdom on how to save money for years.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I mean how else do people think it’s made?! Also have you never watched while they do it...and £3.95 on a coffee for someone that is supposedly frugal....
Also her email she sends out, under the frugality but talking about maternity wear and a freebie trip to Paris she has 2 years ago....she can’t have separated her insta but not the rest, it becomes so confusing

Reactions: 3
Yep. I make my own iced tea too. It’s very easy. Cold brew method in fridge with a tea bag. Add ice and lemon if desired.

I used to be a huge fan of the Frugality but she’s totally lost direction. Having two Instagram accounts just isn’t going to work. She is jumping everything she perceives as woke. The latest was yesterday, someone posted about boundaries so cue it being something she’d been thinking about and several posts followed on the theme. She seems to resent having to use Instagram but since she makes her money from it, what can she do, she has to have an engaging profile.

All so dreary, buying black trousers for Peggy cos they are unisex. ’Stuff’ piled everywhere. Nothing joyful or fun. It seems as if she feels she needs to have a certain persona these days.

Reactions: 10
I’m confused by the purpose of having two accounts. The most recent post on her personal account tags The Frugality in the caption. You have to go there to see the actual post about maternity wear. So why bother separating the accounts? Also, The Frugality bio says it’s “an affordable lifestyle platform with an extra focus on money” but the piece on maternity wear focuses on dresses that are at least £100. I don’t think she knows what direction to go in anymore. Her idea of frugal is buying a £100+ dress because it will last longer. My idea of frugal is making do with the cheap clothes I already have because I don’t have £100 to spend.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It was a strange article - she said she’s bought dresses from ethical independent brands like Kemite Telford, yet did not show us any of the dresses, I don’t think. She suggested she bought a dress from Kemite but instead of showing us the dress, has a picture of Kemite herself.

I think now she isn’t kidding on she’s frugal any More I will enjoy her content much more she’s a nice woman and has a lovely family and isn’t a spoiled brat like most similar influencers / bloggers so I’m glad she dropped the frugality angle , it was getting silly .

Reactions: 6
I would HATE the kitchen sink in a corner and under a cupboard the way Alex has done it. So much expense and effort for such a lousy layout.

Reactions: 8
Going to shop veggie and see if they save money....then says most of their meals will come from their gifted box. You don’t need to be a genius to work out it’ll be considerably cheaper!

Reactions: 7
I would HATE the kitchen sink in a corner and under a cupboard the way Alex has done it. So much expense and effort for such a lousy layout.
I really don’t think they have even the tiniest bit of practical approach to their house renovation. They complained how small the kitchen was and yet went with bay windows at the far end. The layout of the kitchen really bugs me, it seems poorly designed with some of the cabinets off centre and squished in. There seems to be lots of wasted space that they’ll just fill with knick knacks. She will then complain how they can’t do proper cooking because it’s a small kitchen just like she complains their house is small yet has an entire room dedicated to clothes and gifted tit overflow.

Reactions: 9
It doesn’t appear much thought went into the lay-out of the kitchen units at all. Worst though is the toilet opening into the kitchen, even If it meant reducing the size of the kitchen, they should have the toilet door opening into the hall.

It doesn’t appear much thought went into the lay-out of the kitchen units at all. Worst though is the toilet opening into the kitchen, even If it meant reducing the size of the kitchen, they should have the toilet door opening into the hall.
We are getting an extension and wanted a downstairs loo added, our architect said basically this....either make the extension smaller to accommodate a toilet that opens out into the hall or don’t bother, but don’t open into the kitchen....no one needs to be heard wee-ing while you’re standing there cooking 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We viewed a house a couple of months ago that had a toilet and a bike shed in the kitchen! Like properly built a huge bike shed not just a box to put bikes in. People are strange

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The downstairs loo should but separated by 2 doors if leading into a kitchen, how did they get that passed by building control? As others
We are getting an extension and wanted a downstairs loo added, our architect said basically this....either make the extension smaller to accommodate a toilet that opens out into the hall or don’t bother, but don’t open into the kitchen....no one needs to be heard wee-ing while you’re standing there cooking 😂
I had an extension, downstairs loo in room under the stairs, it's a good use of the space. I thought it wasn't permitted through building control in so close proximity to a kitchen with just one door separating it 🤢

I had an extension, downstairs loo in room under the stairs, it's a good use of the space. I thought it wasn't permitted through building control in so close proximity to a kitchen with just one door separating it 🤢
it didn’t used to be but building regs changed a few years ago and it’s now permitted.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.