The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She mentioned their windows are leaking, the entire house needs reroofing and there’s a room with holes in the wall where you can see through on the street. 😐 And then instead of prioritising any of these works they do the over the top complicated impractical kitchen, spend thousands of pounds and working hours on that tacky hallway and all of that on a second mortgage or credit cards. How does this make any sense? Not to mention they had a mouse or a rat in the house when Peggy was still crawling yet priorities were F&B paint and loo wallpaper design.
I’ve never renovated a house (and never will - I know my limitations!). Given my lack of experience I’m open to correction but don’t you start with the non fun stuff like insulation & the roof etc?

Reactions: 10
I’ve never renovated a house (and never will - I know my limitations!). Given my lack of experience I’m open to correction but don’t you start with the non fun stuff like insulation & the roof etc?
For me a project like that should have been done in one go, so sorting out the boring outside stuff as well as having a working kitchen and bathroom, before you start fannying about with F&B paint and expensive wallpaper

If the roof leaks as it needs fixed/replaced then surely it’s absolutely pointless having decorated rooms when the water is running down them. Boring/practical stuff first surely

Reactions: 7
For me a project like that should have been done in one go, so sorting out the boring outside stuff as well as having a working kitchen and bathroom, before you start fannying about with F&B paint and expensive wallpaper
She’s lost her ability to market herself as frugal. A bed from the White Company & she’s living in a house with structural problems! They must he freezing!

Reactions: 3
She’s lost her ability to market herself as frugal. A bed from the White Company & she’s living in a house with structural problems! They must he freezing!
Again I wonder how much is true and how much is embellished for the gram....I mean all houses will need to be repointed/roof repaired or replaced at some point, the holes in the wall would have been first on my list though, before a garden renovation at the end of summer......

We have and yes. We started with electrics and boiler, made a decent living space and then got about 20 quotes for the roof. A few roofers were great and told us it would cope with 2 more Winters so we kept cash aside and then went for insulation and windows.

Reactions: 4
It’s a catch 22. If they don’t make the house look Instagram worthy first, they’ll never get the money to do the seriously big jobs. Yes it’s back to front but it makes sense for them. Yet again proving that her definition of frugal is basically “I don’t have a loaded husband like most influencers”.

It’s a catch 22. If they don’t make the house look Instagram worthy first, they’ll never get the money to do the seriously big jobs. Yes it’s back to front but it makes sense for them. Yet again proving that her definition of frugal is basically “I don’t have a loaded husband like most influencers”.
Thats a good point re Instagram I hadn’t factored that in!

I watch Laura Melish Sprague. Her approach is interesting.

Reactions: 4
Here’s the answer to their eating habits and how much cooking and what type they would’ve done even pre-reno. She says she doesn’t think she’d ever tried chard before?!? For a 30 something adult woman in London, in her 3rd pregnancy, and a budget for F&B paint, I find this shocking!

Attachments

So they are on a PR gifted holiday in Kent. I’d be saving quite a lot myself if my holiday was paid by someone else. Really curious to check out how much the place costs to get her idea of “not extravagantly expensive” place.

Reactions: 11
So they are on a PR gifted holiday in Kent. I’d be saving quite a lot myself if my holiday was paid by someone else. Really curious to check out how much the place costs to get her idea of “not extravagantly expensive” place.
And keeping costs down by bringing their own food. Err what costs?

Reactions: 11
I found the place, she tagged it herself that they’re in Whitstable so I’m not really disclosing anything confidential. The place is booked through a membership site 🙄 but the price range without login is marked at £200-£300 per night! I’m rushing to sign up and book it ASAP for my totally frugal holiday.

Advertising a site like this with outrageous prices in these crazy times is frankly tasteless.

Btw we were in Croatia this summer and the place for 10 nights was £440, by the sea where you can actually swim, have proper sunny holiday, and I’m fully aware that even that is extravagant for many and we’re lucky we can afford that during the times many face uncertainty! Maybe I should start a blog 🤔

Reactions: 7
I just find the trip so sneaky - why not say beforehand, when she’s telling us they’re going away, that you’ve been gifted a trip to review the place? Rather than tag ‘PR gift’once she’s there?!
I do quite like her interior style but the outside space they done up confuses me. Why did they knock down part of the building and not utilise that extra space? Could have had a utility room or something? Why would you sit in a closed in outside area when you a garden? Just find it odd...and a waste of money.

Reactions: 5
I just find the trip so sneaky - why not say beforehand, when she’s telling us they’re going away, that you’ve been gifted a trip to review the place? Rather than tag ‘PR gift’once she’s there?!
I do quite like her interior style but the outside space they done up confuses me. Why did they knock down part of the building and not utilise that extra space? Could have had a utility room or something? Why would you sit in a closed in outside area when you a garden? Just find it odd...and a waste of money.
Odd and a waste of money, but probably thinking about all of the insta worthy posts they’ll get rather than the practicalities of living with 2 small children

Reactions: 6
Odd and a waste of money, but probably thinking about all of the insta worthy posts they’ll get rather than the practicalities of living with 2 small children
the outside area looks lovely and would be good if you lived in a flat and that was your wonky outside space, but they have a big garden so it’s rather strange to sit around the side entrance bit where the tap and drains are 🤨

the outside area looks lovely and would be good if you lived in a flat and that was your wonky outside space, but they have a big garden so it’s rather strange to sit around the side entrance bit where the tap and drains are 🤨
*only outside space, not wonky!! 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
And keeping costs down by bringing their own food. Err what costs?
I’ve just come on to comment on exactly the same. This totally boils my piss - how bleeping dare she go on about a frugal holiday when the bloody (expensive) accommodation is free!!!

Reactions: 12
Go on PR stay (whatever the duck this means) and bring your own food. Sorry this is what I will called cheap when they are the one that keep harping about helping the local economy.
I really wouldn’t take how to be frugal advice from someone who spent on FB paint

Bringing your own food on a freebie holiday is how she can afford to spend £40 on a dish drainer and £25 on a soap dish. It’s frugal advice for people who already have a load of money, not what most people would actually consider frugal. Who else is this PR holiday aimed at? The only people who can afford to book it after watching her Stories aren’t people who are living frugally!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.