The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don't understand is all these influencers who live in Greater London with children and are still having date nights (the meal plan said they were both out on Friday). How are they getting babysitters? They can't all have a single parent who's joined their household bubble...

Reactions: 1
What I don't understand is all these influencers who live in Greater London with children and are still having date nights (the meal plan said they were both out on Friday). How are they getting babysitters? They can't all have a single parent who's joined their household bubble...
Someone can still provide childcare in a ‘childcare’ bubble (so grandparents/sister etc) as can registered childminders/nannies, however whether you’d want to do that is another matter, they obviously do....you’d also have to question why they’re eating cheese and crackers or cheap pasta bake for dinner then going out and spending on a meal (although it’s probably gifted so grabbing the freebies)

Reactions: 3
Someone can still provide childcare in a ‘childcare’ bubble (so grandparents/sister etc) as can registered childminders/nannies, however whether you’d want to do that is another matter, they obviously do....you’d also have to question why they’re eating cheese and crackers or cheap pasta bake for dinner then going out and spending on a meal (although it’s probably gifted so grabbing the freebies)
Thank you - wow, I hadn't even considered that. I guess having childcare in your home is strictly allowed as they are working for you, but it doesn't really seem right. But maybe not much different to a cleaner being in your home when you aren't there. Re Alex & hubby specifically, I feel like she would have mentioned if they had had a family member join their bubble.

Thank you - wow, I hadn't even considered that. I guess having childcare in your home is strictly allowed as they are working for you, but it doesn't really seem right. But maybe not much different to a cleaner being in your home when you aren't there. Re Alex & hubby specifically, I feel like she would have mentioned if they had had a family member join their bubble.
I know it wasn’t allowed at lockdown and they spoke about stopping it again but then so many people who are reliant on childcare from family or childminders rather than nursery then said they’d have to stop working and they were worried about the impact on the economy so allowed it this time.....personally I wouldn’t be happy about my child going to nursery and then to grandparents, I’d be too worried they’d pass covid onto my parents and I’d be devastated all because I wanted a night out....that’s just me though, I know people have different ideas

Reactions: 2
I know it wasn’t allowed at lockdown and they spoke about stopping it again but then so many people who are reliant on childcare from family or childminders rather than nursery then said they’d have to stop working and they were worried about the impact on the economy so allowed it this time.....personally I wouldn’t be happy about my child going to nursery and then to grandparents, I’d be too worried they’d pass covid onto my parents and I’d be devastated all because I wanted a night out....that’s just me though, I know people have different ideas
This makes total sense but surely wasn't meant to extend to enabling people to have nights out away from their kids lol. I am in a tier 2 area like them, and as far as i'm concerned I'd be breaking the rules by allowing someone into my house so that I could go out. Seems like some rules are definitely being bent (unless they do have a relative in their household bubble).

This makes total sense but surely wasn't meant to extend to enabling people to have nights out away from their kids lol. I am in a tier 2 area like them, and as far as i'm concerned I'd be breaking the rules by allowing someone into my house so that I could go out. Seems like some rules are definitely being bent (unless they do have a relative in their household bubble).
She's got to get those date nights in before baby number 2 arrives. Some people are just a little bit selfish IMO. 👀

Potentially they are out for work though - given what they do. And may have a babysitter from the nursery or her sister. We don’t really know.

Reactions: 5
Making your own tomato pasta sauce has to be one of the easiest things you can do in the kitchen and so cheap too!!! Fry some garlic, add tin of chopped toms/passata, salt pepper simmer DONE! Jamie Oliver ‘recipe’

Reactions: 4
Totally pointless walking along the street filming yourself in silence :oops: or am I missing something?

Reactions: 9
If she said she was in her ‘childcare bubble’ she could use her
Ah sorry, I hadn't heard of a childcare bubble. I've just seen that it's meant to be a consistent thing. To me this means if you usually use grandparents for childcare on a regular basis while you're at work, not that you work from home as an influencer and your child goes to nursery some days and you have a night out planned. (Talking generally really, not about Alex)

Reactions: 2
Ah sorry, I hadn't heard of a childcare bubble. I've just seen that it's meant to be a consistent thing. To me this means if you usually use grandparents for childcare on a regular basis while you're at work, not that you work from home as an influencer and your child goes to nursery some days and you have a night out planned. (Talking generally really, not about Alex)
Not too sure if you are from the UK, in the UK is not strict at all. No one really govern the quantity and quality of your bubble, so yes, she can have the whole village in her bubble if she wants

Totally pointless walking along the street filming yourself in silence :oops: or am I missing something?
Those are such bizarre videos, they make her seem a bit unhinged

That’s pretty much my understanding but I know people are getting round it by saying they need ad hoc childcare so have had to use their parents/sister/friend/next door neighbours cat basically anyone they want to be able to still see. Whether going out on a Friday night should really be classed as ad-hoc childcare I would disagree but guess everyone has their own interpretations and that’s the main issue with the whole thing

Not too sure if you are from the UK, in the UK is not strict at all. No one really govern the quantity and quality of your bubble, so yes, she can have the whole village in her bubble if she wants
Yes I'm from the UK. It wasn't a comment on how strictly the rules are being enforced. I just think people who have hundreds of thousands of followers on instagram shouldn't leave themselves open to questioning on whether they are adhering to the rules as they are intended to be followed. But I guess either no one calls them out as they are breaking the rules too, or maybe they just ignore anyone who does?

That’s pretty much my understanding but I know people are getting round it by saying they need ad hoc childcare so have had to use their parents/sister/friend/next door neighbours cat basically anyone they want to be able to still see. Whether going out on a Friday night should really be classed as ad-hoc childcare I would disagree but guess everyone has their own interpretations and that’s the main issue with the whole thing
This is what I mean... I agree with you and I'm just surprised that people who expose their lives to so many people don't hide it better or make a point of saying "my mum is in our bubble as she lives alone" (I saw someone do this the other day so if someone doesn't do it I tend to assume they are bending the rules).

Yes I'm from the UK. It wasn't a comment on how strictly the rules are being enforced. I just think people who have hundreds of thousands of followers on instagram shouldn't leave themselves open to questioning on whether they are adhering to the rules as they are intended to be followed. But I guess either no one calls them out as they are breaking the rules too, or maybe they just ignore anyone who does?
i totally agree with you but sadly is so hard to enforce it. if they get called out, they will simple ignore it or call us a troll

• Heart
Beans are brilliant source of protein, but why not make a healthy flavourful autumnal soup with tomato, sweet potato, roasted peppers, onnions, garlic and mixed beans instead of slapping insane amounts of cheese over beans 🙈

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.