The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that an exposed plug socket? Is that safe when you have a child running around??? 😳😱 Why is that 'funny' to her?

Reactions: 2
Just came on to say who buys pasta bake sauces in a jar?!
I honestly don't think she uses her fruit and veg from Oddbox, I have a subscription and get the medium box which she says she gets, there's 2 of us and we don't eat meat, I have a range of cookbooks and sometimes struggle with the odd piece like pawpaw and celeriac there is no way she cooks or eats this stuff!

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure what she tries to achieve by posting meals like that?
I honestly think it’s the only “frugal” thing she actually has in her life so makes a big fuss of it. Frugality isn’t feeding yourself and your family crap, it’d be more frugal to buy cheap veg (or use your #gifted odd box) and learn some good recipes and show them off.

Reactions: 8
I’d love to see what she actually makes with all the veg she gets given for free. I constantly see her advertise the Oddbox, how she plans meals and does a shopping list but never really see a follow up on how all the veg gets used up.

These are the meals I’ve seen her or Chris make:

Cheese on toast
Toasted Sandwiches
frozen pizza
Tuna sandwiches
A fair amount of take out

pretty much anything a student would make!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
There’s no way that is all the food they will eat over the nine days. I know they have one day listed as both being out but they certainly eat more than that.

They have their priorities totally wrong, there’s nothing be proud of spending £60 on a weekly food shop for three when it includes a dinner consisting of a jar of sauce costing not much more than £1, a handful of pasta that costs pennies and a leaf of kale WHEN they think it’s perfectly ok to spend £9 on a box of matches.

Reactions: 7
I’d love to see what she actually makes with all the veg she gets given for free. I constantly see her advertise the Oddbox, how she plans meals and does a shopping list but never really see a follow up on how all the veg gets used up.

These are the meals I’ve seen her or Chris make:

Cheese on toast
Toasted Sandwiches
frozen pizza
Tuna sandwiches
A fair amount of take out

pretty much anything a student would make!
You forgot the 80s pasta bake from a jar 😂

It doesn’t cost much more to eat some decent food, you just have to be a bit more inventive/learn a few recipes. There are plenty of books available about cooking on a budget, none of which to my knowledge will suggest using a jar of pasta bake sauce. A stir fry would take less time and effort and be a lot tastier and more nutritious. We get it, she’s pregnant and tired from boxing up overpriced matches but come on....I’m also intrigued what they feed Peggy, looks like egg and soldiers and pasta pesto....maybe she’s a fussy eater but can’t imagine she’s given much opportunity to try new foods with what they eat

Reactions: 1
Agree there’s no way they are eating a whole medium Oddbox every week. We had a medium one during lockdown and as fish/chicken eaters we had to come up with some pretty creative ways to get though it all.

I don’t understand what she hopes to achieve by posting such vile food? Surely it’s more aspirational and the “right” kind of frugal to serve up lentils, porridge, brown rice etc with your Oddbox veg?

Even if you don’t love cooking, it’s really not hard to knock up a toddler friendly pasta/orzo bake with a couple of tinned tomatoes, a few slices of bacon and some of those endless Oddbox onions...

Reactions: 3
I can’t get my head around their diet? Surely when you have a toddler you should be having the most nutritious meals you possibly can and teaching your daughter to eat healthy foods.

I feel so bad if I give my daughter crap food (oven meals etc..) 2 days in row.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.