The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heartbreaking to read her blog post. Does make me realise you don’t k ow what other people are going through in their real lives (Blogger/influencers too)

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know the story of her and peggy’s photo being in the daily mail? I don’t think I followed her then so didn’t see it. No offence but why was she being featured in the paper?

I like her. She seems like a lovely person. Their house will be incredible. God knows what hell they have been through. I wish them both nothing but happiness.

I used to follow her sister, her little boy was gorgeous.

Does anyone know the story of her and peggy’s photo being in the daily mail? I don’t think I followed her then so didn’t see it. No offence but why was she being featured in the paper?
I don't think she was directly, I thought it was a random article and her image had been used.

Kitchen tap "a bit more expensive"... try £500! I would never call myself frugal and I've never done a kitchen before, but I've replaced my kitchen tap and I swear it was £30 :oops:😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Kitchen tap "a bit more expensive"... try £500! I would never call myself frugal and I've never done a kitchen before, but I've replaced my kitchen tap and I swear it was £30 :oops:😂
We had a new kitchen last year, I couldn't justify the price of the boiling water tap, so I will buy when I can afford it. But shes 100% no way frugal, which is fine, we all can do as we please with our money but don't peddle yourself as frugal

I note she said it’s a bit more expensive compared to others they looked at. That could be said about anything. One designer handbag is a bit more expensive than another. Doesn’t mean either options are frugal! I don’t know why she’s called The Frugality when she’s far from it.

Reactions: 6
She sees herself as frugal because she buys yellow sticker food sometimes, doesn't buy many new clothes and saves up to get work done on the house. Like 95% of us then. She should be called 'The Normality'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s cheap compared to big brands like Quooker. Especially if you want to go for fancy finishes. Again, it’s her idea of ‘frugal’ vs the reality.

I know she doesn’t want to hear it but she’s going to regret having wood work tops for her kitchen especially around the sink area. My parents had wood work tops put in about 7 years ago and the sink area is completely ruined. My mum totally regrets it and wish she had chosen something more durable. Having the tap fitted straight into the wood is another mistake, the wood will get gross and slimy after a while with all the water saturation. I’m not just saying it, it’s true as it’s happened at my parents place. Unless you plan on changing/updating your kitchen on a 10year cycle then having work tops like wood around your sink is a really bad idea. She says she likes the worn look, but this won’t be worn, it’ll be all slimy looking!

Reactions: 8
I know she doesn’t want to hear it but she’s going to regret having wood work tops for her kitchen especially around the sink area. My parents had wood work tops put in about 7 years ago and the sink area is completely ruined. My mum totally regrets it and wish she had chosen something more durable. Having the tap fitted straight into the wood is another mistake, the wood will get gross and slimy after a while with all the water saturation. I’m not just saying it, it’s true as it’s happened at my parents place. Unless you plan on changing/updating your kitchen on a 10year cycle then having work tops like wood around your sink is a really bad idea. She says she likes the worn look, but this won’t be worn, it’ll be all slimy looking!
My friend has wood, it's really gross and imo unhygienic, like you say around the sink, it looks black and slimy. Alex says lots of people advised us against wood, I'm sure she will regret listening especially when it's not looking so pretty for the gram 🤢

• Haha
We’ve had wood countertops and they were fine, but we did have the tap on the sink.

Don’t tell me this, the house we are in the process of buying has wooden worktops 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Don’t tell me this, the house we are in the process of buying has wooden worktops 😭
We honestly loved ours, no problem at all with them. The only thing I did in ten years was give them a light sand and re-oil just to make them look perfect again before we sold but they were great.

We honestly loved ours, no problem at all with them. The only thing I did in ten years was give them a light sand and re-oil just to make them look perfect again before we sold but they were great.
😘 wow thanks I was worried then!

Same here - you just need to wipe them down properly and not let water sit around the tap or on the draining board.

She posted on her stories today about her
Sister’s insta being hacked and deleted. Her sister is very upset due to all the photos on it

• Sad
I agree with both previous comments re wood worktops. It really depends on how you use them (splashing vs wiping) and what finish they have. The place we used to rent was awful, the sealer they used did nothing and it was a nightmare to maintain. My friend on the other hand is really happy with hers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I had a boyfriend who lived in a flat his parents had converted. The kitchen had a beautiful wooden worktop which he patrolled like a sentry in case you put anything down on it that he thought would harm it. It became very tiresome.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else get freaked out by the sheer amount of stuff they have? I know that other people’s stuff is tit and your own tit is stuff to you, but they really seem to have accumulated lot of crap. On top of this, they didn’t think of storage in any of their rooms they’ve done so far. I know some people don’t mind it and love the eclectic maximalist style, but she seems to post too many pictures of the chaos where she gives the impression she doesn’t like it.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.