The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like the wallpaper and I like the tiles but I wouldn’t have necessarily put them together. I would have gone for a tap that was more in keeping with the period of the wallpaper/ tiles. A nice antique gold Victorian one.

Reactions: 7
The tap is too big and the mirror is too small. The tiles don’t align properly.

It all looks like it has been done cheaply in a rush.

Reactions: 5
I like the wallpaper and I like the tiles but I wouldn’t have necessarily put them together. I would have gone for a tap that was more in keeping with the period of the wallpaper/ tiles. A nice antique gold Victorian one.
Same. I wouldn’t either. The good things with’s neutral tiles is that if you’re bored of the wall paper in a few years you can change it to update to room completely which is pretty frugal and forward thinking.
The rooms not a total blank canvas with out wallpaper though, the subway tile look has been around for about 5 years, and the black ironmongey and taps are very ’now’. Couldn’t have them where I live; a hard water area means they’d always becovered in limescale!

Reactions: 3
I like her she seems like a nice woman but duck me she needs to stop pretending she is frugal .. is she duck her house would be about 5 times the amount of normal people’s houses . She is very privileged she really needs to drop the frugal angle .

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That sink looks awful too. Really impractical. The loo just looks like a public loo and looks really cold to me.
I agree, also shes going to have small children using it, the sink and wallpaper are completely impractical, especially teaching a small child to wash their hands in that sink 😆

Reactions: 2
I still can’t believe she posted herself wearing that very mismatched wrinkled skirt and shirt old Gap outfit.

I'm sorry but that toilet is vile. Tiles don't go with wallpaper at all ! Decide you want public toilet style or stupid leaves . I hate it
The wallpaper is gorgeous but it doesn’t go with the tiles or the taps and style of sink at all :confused: Also, for a professional influencer, the quality and composition of the picture in her grid is so bad. I know that sounds petty but she does this for a living, at least make sure the image isn’t wonky...

I still can’t believe she posted herself wearing that very mismatched wrinkled skirt and shirt old Gap outfit.
Ha ha, that picture and others are in an email I received this morning from the Gap. The heading is Sports Bras that are actually comfy.

Reactions: 1
These are what was in the Gap email. The skirt looks ironed. The lipstick !
B0808AB8-8F69-4FDC-AC76-E053E833216B.jpeg
E466A921-3A06-4970-96FE-0F5067D6D815.jpeg
E466A921-3A06-4970-96FE-0F5067D6D815.jpeg

What a year she’s had. Heartbreaking! :-( just no words

Her sister (the_wisos) has deactivated her Instagram... loved her page

What a year she’s had. Heartbreaking! :-( just no words

Her sister (the_wisos) has deactivated her Instagram... loved her page
Heartbreaking for Alex and her family, I do feel for her, social media is a double edged sword.....

Wow how absolutely heartbreaking and traumatic for them! I hope time can bring them a little peace

her sister (the_wisos) has deactivated her Instagram... loved her page
I read the blog post Alex published, how heartbreaking for them all, what a horrific situation. Poor her. I don't subscribe to her newsletter, was there more that relates to her sister? I loved her page x

Ok I might be completely wrong here but I could have sworn she said she felt guilty because she fell down the stairs when she was pregnant and she thought that might have caused the miscarriage, have I gone mad? Does anyone else remember that?

Ok I might be completely wrong here but I could have sworn she said she felt guilty because she fell down the stairs when she was pregnant and she thought that might have caused the miscarriage, have I gone mad? Does anyone else remember that?
That rings a bell. But not 100%. I remember her falling down the stairs.

Yes I remember the falling down the stairs but can’t remember when. I remember thinking at the time why is she making such a fuss about it (there were quite a few stories over a few days - like a frail elderly lady had suffered a fall) which now I feel really guilty about.

Horrible year for her and family - hope the next few months are better (and the future!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.