The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still wearing that weird lipstick there. I don’t see her as stylish. She was (maybe still is) a stylist. Liberty London Girl recently posted some throwback picture of something she had styled.

Reactions: 2
I used to really like Alex and thought she was uber stylish and engaging but since she's become a mum she's lost her way and just seems a complete slob. The constant whinging about how boring her life is and how hard it is to be get dressed/eat dinner/do anything when you have a child is just lame (and not true). Her content is beyond dull (for me) and all they seem to do (even before lockdown) is sit in that massive house eating tit, watching tit, surrounded by tit. I've no idea why I still follow her TBH.

Reactions: 9
I don't get her obsession with F&B paint, it's awful. By all means match the colours but the paint quality is :poop: A really frugal decorator would not be using F&B.
I agree I have used farrow and ball the colours are beautiful but it needs an under coat on the emulsion and you cannot get it clean if you get fingerprints on it, I wont purchase again, I thought it was just me but my decorator says the same. Shes not frugal, she appears so lazy to me. Mist people have very busy lives, more children, homeschooling, commuting but yet she means about getting dressed. I unfollowed her she just seems slobby, touchy and like a 90 year old in that cluttered house

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree I have used farrow and ball the colours are beautiful but it needs an under coat on the emulsion and you cannot get it clean if you get fingerprints on it, I wont purchase again, I thought it was just me but my decorator says the same. Shes not frugal, she appears so lazy to me. Mist people have very busy lives, more children, homeschooling, commuting but yet she means about getting dressed. I unfollowed her she just seems slobby, touchy and like a 90 year old in that cluttered house
Absolutely this! 👆

Reactions: 1
We got the colours matched....our decorator said he wouldn’t use it. We did get their wallpaper though, and again the decorator said it was awful, but just couldn’t find a pattern/colour like it anywhere else

We got the colours matched....our decorator said he wouldn’t use it. We did get their wallpaper though, and again the decorator said it was awful, but just couldn’t find a pattern/colour like it anywhere else
😳😳 I was really considering one of their wallpapers for my bedroom 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ not worth the £700 plus labour, then??

My decorator also refused to use F&B mostly as he said he’d probably need to do 3-4 coats and it would cost me a bomb! There are some good similar ranges with better coverage - Craig & Rose is what we went for in the end which was great.

I don't think there was a kitchen as such in the house when they bought it, I'm guessing the place needed rewiring too, so not straight forward to buy a stop gap electric oven as they need a certain type of cable.
My little temporary oven has a standard 13 amp plug on it. It doesn’t need a specific cooker point.

This article here says they'd spent £40,000 two years in, I can't imagine how much they've spent now. Frugal indeed... https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/...-in-renovating-on-a-tight-budget-a126431.html
It’s easy to spend £40k on just basic ‘making good’ if the house is a wreck though. Especially on a period house where there are often lots of hidden nasties lurking behind the plaster. Those things often require skills that cannot be DIY’ed and cost £££.

I think she uses ‘frugal’ to mean ‘infrequent investment purchasing of things that are good value for money’ rather than ‘buying the cheap option every time’. So some of her choices can look a bit off-brand to us but in her head she IS being ‘frugal’.

P.S. Sorry for the gag-worthy use of the phrase ‘investment purchasing’. I will give myself 50 lashes for the aberration.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I used to really like Alex and thought she was uber stylish and engaging but since she's become a mum she's lost her way and just seems a complete slob. The constant whinging about how boring her life is and how hard it is to be get dressed/eat dinner/do anything when you have a child is just lame (and not true). Her content is beyond dull (for me) and all they seem to do (even before lockdown) is sit in that massive house eating tit, watching tit, surrounded by tit. I've no idea why I still follow her TBH.
They live like students. I find it sad they don’t seem to have moved on from that couples student vibe to family life. No decent family meals, everything seems an effort. There seem tight with how they choose to spend their money.

Reactions: 7
😳😳 I was really considering one of their wallpapers for my bedroom 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ not worth the £700 plus labour, then??
To be fair I absolutely love it on and it gets lots of compliments but I had to take a deep breath when I paid for it 😬 Decorator just said he preferred a cheaper paper, it’s had printed so it’s super thick, don’t bend it round any corners or it’ll crack! I also think he was sweating a bit every time he cut it in case it was wrong given the price of it 😂

They live like students. I find it sad they don’t seem to have moved on from that couples student vibe to family life. No decent family meals, everything seems an effort. There seem tight with how they choose to spend their money.
I do wonder about this. What do they give to Peggy? Do they never sit down together and eat a meal?

I want to write something about Peggy, but the last time I did, I got attacked 😐
Right, ok.

Whatever you plan to write, just keep in mind that she is a toddler, unable to defend herself or change anything about her situation or appearance (there’s always someone on these threads bringing out the ‘not cute’ line for influencer kids - no idea if that’s you but it’s a grim comment). The parents are irritating knobbers but going after the kids is below the belt.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I want to write something about Peggy, but the last time I did, I got attacked 😐
And rightly so. You said she was ugly and weird looking which is an unacceptable and unnecessary comment for an adult to make about a toddler. Not sure what the difficulty is in understanding that.

Reactions: 14
I’m definitely in the don’t go after the kids club.
The parents know the game. They’ve turned their life in to squares, stories and Instagram TV. They’ve sold bits of their life off for money, discounts and freebies and turned themselves and their lives in to a consumable product. Then they normally get upset later when tattle treat them like the entertainment they’ve made themselves in to and we gossip about what they’ve shown us. (I’ve lurked for a long time).
The kids don’t really have any say in it.
i know some threads seem to think it’s fair game but I kind of don’t. I’m not a troll. Id never dm to leave a critical comment or be so confrontational to another human, especially about their children. I just treat Instagram as my Reality tv which I can come here to discuss in a way that doesn’t interfere with the people’s business and audiences.

Reactions: 8
I dont know how they manage to feed themselves on such a small amount of money and not eat more? I would be starving 😉 but to have survived that long with a proper hob and oven, I had a new kitchen and I had about 10 days with mine it drove me nuts, I have 2 children and feeding them was tough, we did have takeaways though. I think like others have said food isn't her priority and she choses f&b paint and wallpaper over eating well. I've said it before shes not frugal

Reactions: 4
£55 per roll for her new bathroom wallpaper. How frugal.

Reactions: 5
I'm sorry but that toilet is vile. Tiles don't go with wallpaper at all ! Decide you want public toilet style or stupid leaves . I hate it

Reactions: 3
That sink looks awful too. Really impractical. The loo just looks like a public loo and looks really cold to me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.