The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Treated myself to another" ... we will see it on a reel in 3 months time when frugal Alex tells us to re wear our old clothes šŸ˜† and spouts the virtues of shopping her own wardrobe.. šŸ‘Œ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I know I say this a lot on this thread but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me šŸ„“

• Haha
Reactions: 13
How is she not embarrassed at the state of this
And that pic proves why you shouldnā€™t buy cheap/seconds candles. They look like theyā€™ve barely been lit but are already burning badly and dripping wax everywhere. Decent candles donā€™t drip wax down the side. Let alone who knows what the wax consists of in terms of what is actually being burntā€¦

Reactions: 7
Why does she need to buy more stuff? Who needs yet another cardigan? Next week sheā€™ll be preachy bullshitting about sustainable fashion choices. Iā€™m so fed up with her.

Reactions: 8
Why does she need to buy more stuff? Who needs yet another cardigan? Next week sheā€™ll be preachy bullshitting about sustainable fashion choices. Iā€™m so fed up with her.
Because next week it will be two weeks OLD #sustainable

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Please remember how TIRING it is constantly thinking of original content ideas, not to mention working flat out all day (whilst simultaneously multitasking post office visits) to bring these ideas to life on film for her loyal followers. An afternoon off is very well deserved.
Plus she needs to muster the energy to deep dive beyond page 20 of the google search results to copy & paste any remaining pics that may exist of celebs in glasses.
Rest up Alex and back to the coalface Monday lunchtime first thing šŸ’Ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can't wait for it to be tagged on a reel.."jumper 6 months old", "trousers 8 months old - I have worked with them in the past but this is not sponsored.."
and then we will have a post on how to pick up tat from around your house and gift it to a dinner party host while you are sitting eating the food they bought and prepared for you whilst wearing #gifted sezanne... I think I would rather not buy the top and treat myself to a weekly loaf of sourdough šŸ˜†

Reactions: 14
ā€œI have worked with themā€ basically means sheā€™s advertised them on Insta, doesnā€™t it? The way she puts it it sounds like theyā€™ve done some sort of product collaboration!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has Alex got a new car (shiny looking Toyota?) in her Xmas tree post.

Or are these guys such scrotes theyā€™ve filled some poor taxi driverā€™s car with pine needles rather than paying for a delivered tree?

Reactions: 4
We try and do one day shopping in actual shops as it's nice to be inspired, save on shipping and switch my brain off a little bit.

I tell Chris which day it will be and he walks beside me. We look at each other and smile.

We went in store and I treated myself to a knitted vest as I remembered we are embracing more cosy moments. Then I had to switch my brain back on a little bit, to think how to style it. I made a note of the time I bought the vest so Iā€™ll know how old it is next week.
Now back home thinking of all the candles and leftover ribbon I could have bought for Ā£29.50! Chris reminded me that I had been in the office one day this week and that I deserved a great festive knit for being indoors at Xmas. We smiled at each other in the kitchen and then I remembered the Ad. I arranged the Bahlsen biscuits in the green splatter ware bowl. Theyā€™re delicious on their own but everything tastes as good as it looks in my favourite bowl, no?

Chris thought it was his day for reading she pronouns but I said Iā€™d been inspired enough in the actual shop and to give it a rest.

Happy weekend everyone!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I just donā€™t understand whatā€™s happened to this account šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Iā€™m feeling like Iā€™m clearly a polar opposite to Alex in enjoying spending my money on thoughtful gifts for friends and family. I would be so embarrassed to just gift a couple of candles wrapped up in ribbon without at least accompanying it with a nice bottle of wine or something else. Or if I was trying to save money then I would much rather bake something like biscuits which clearly shows that time has been spent rather than just doing a couple of doodles.

How long has she been shilling the candle idea now? Surely itā€™s been over a year now without any other new ideas for frugal gifts?

Reactions: 11
We try and do one day shopping in actual shops as it's nice to be inspired, save on shipping and switch my brain off a little bit.

I tell Chris which day it will be and he walks beside me. We look at each other and smile.

We went in store and I treated myself to a knitted vest as I remembered we are embracing more cosy moments. Then I had to switch my brain back on a little bit, to think how to style it. I made a note of the time I bought the vest so Iā€™ll know how old it is next week.
Now back home thinking of all the candles and leftover ribbon I could have bought for Ā£29.50! Chris reminded me that I had been in the office one day this week and that I deserved a great festive knit for being indoors at Xmas. We smiled at each other in the kitchen and then I remembered the Ad. I arranged the Bahlsen biscuits in the green splatter ware bowl. Theyā€™re delicious on their own but everything tastes as good as it looks in my favourite bowl, no?

Chris thought it was his day for reading she pronouns but I said Iā€™d been inspired enough in the actual shop and to give it a rest.

Happy weekend everyone!
This gets better each time I read it šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How long has she been shilling the candle idea now? Surely itā€™s been over a year now without any other new ideas for frugal gifts?
Itā€™s all so she can sell the matchesā€¦.Nothing to do with being frugal.

Reactions: 9
I am STRUGGLING with Alex's candles. I kept thinking about how the posca pen ink would start melting and stink really badly (and as someone else pointed out would this be toxic?)
Also, I just bought a lovely hand-poured candle from a local market which I will likely gift to a family member. Not cheap at Ā£20, but they're made by a small business sourcing local ingredients, the packaging was cardboard and the glass will be resuable/recyclable. The true cost of buying a Ā£2 pack of synthetic candles made in China is not something I'd really like to be promoting as simply 'frugal'. I know this sounds really snotty as many people can only afford the cheapest option, but I do think it's possible to promote frugality without accidentally promoting mindless over-consumption.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
There are so many other things she could gift on a budget that doesnā€™t make her look like such a skinflint.
Wine, cheese, small plant, chocolate, coffee, anything like that would be a lovely gift that would be thoughtful and useful.

• Heart
I know this sounds really snotty as many people can only afford the cheapest option
People who canā€™t afford to pay more for a candle wonā€™t be buying candles at all especially not as a gift. If you really are on a tight budget you go for practical gifts of value that are needed and will be used. Gifting candles is for middle class Alexes who already have everything so can think of nothing else of substance to gift.

Little Spree has rebranded into Douceur - interesting as a) not trying to maintain two separate brands/Insta accounts and b) whilst a bit floggy is actually aspirational and isnā€™t sharpying candles for #content. Would love to be a fly on the wall in their office space tomorrow šŸ¤­

Reactions: 3
Little Spree has rebranded into Douceur - interesting as a) not trying to maintain two separate brands/Insta accounts and b) whilst a bit floggy is actually aspirational and isnā€™t sharpying candles for #content. Would love to be a fly on the wall in their office space tomorrow šŸ¤­
Anyone else quickly read ā€˜Douceurā€™ as ā€˜Dourā€™ and think eww, thatā€™s not aspirational.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.