The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just read it as some form of Douche so I don’t think it is a brilliant name at all.

I like Little Spree’s style, but she was a top offender of using affiliate links without any indication of what the item was or what store it was from (she used to do long blog posts with things like ‘I also like this one and this is nice as well’ so people would click through out of curiosity).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yeah she’s a top shiller by way of undeclared links but I do like her style and agree that at least she’s sticking to her brand and providing content. I don’t know how she stomps around in heeled sandals all the time though - her feet always look SO uncomfortable 😣

Reactions: 5
I do like Sarah’s style. I really liked the lives she did during lockdown, she’s got lots of experience as a stylist and that shows in her content.

Reactions: 3
Little Spree (Douceur), Erica Davies + Katherine Ormerod are all represented by Lucy Owen Talent. IMO they all really seem to have their tit together in terms of brand & content (whatever you think of the rights/wrongs of influencers!).
Does any one know who Alex is represented by? Or do her & Dopey do it themselves to avoid paying an agent a %? I find it interesting because I really think you can tell the difference with the above accounts v Alex’s, which just seems a bit wannabe in comparison.

Reactions: 8
Little Spree (Douceur), Erica Davies + Katherine Ormerod are all represented by Lucy Owen Talent. IMO they all really seem to have their tit together in terms of brand & content (whatever you think of the rights/wrongs of influencers!).
Does any one know who Alex is represented by? Or do her & Dopey do it themselves to avoid paying an agent a %? I find it interesting because I really think you can tell the difference with the above accounts v Alex’s, which just seems a bit wannabe in comparison.
Yes!! Like not all of those accounts are to my taste but they’re more reminiscent of flicking through a magazine (which also wouldn’t always be to ur taste) or watching some design show on ch4. It’s interesting and you can take what you need/want from it and leave the rest.

Alex’s content is legit torture. I can’t endure another gleeful share of painting photo frames or tying two bleeping candles together. They appear to live like students and I’ll never forget that death trap cot she defended to the bitter end. I’m stunned that their Instagram presence gives two adults a liveable salary but once you take a normal mortgage repayment out of the equation it makes way more sense.

Reactions: 12
Ha I saw the post and literally ran here. I can’t believe a professional did that. I thought she’d given Peggy a go. Not a good advert for beauty pie

She’s put up a reel of it now. Once blended out it doesn’t look as bad as it did initially. But she tops off the look with the serial killer frames, natch!

EB5C9C0B-077D-4EEA-A411-215001D61B14.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s always the lipstick applied so wide in the corners that that I find odd. It’s her signature ’clown chic’.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think it's potentially lovely makeup but horrible lighting and definitely shouldn't have glasses and a brown jumper paired with it...

• Heart
It proper gives me the ick that she applies her lipstick aaallllll the way round her mouth 🥴

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Wait hold up. So she ran to tiger to get loads of tree decs like the hot dog etc. Made a terrible reel out of it for content then puts none of them on the tree due to the kids. how is that frugal buying loads of things to sit in boxes and not enjoy.

Reactions: 8
Wait hold up. So she ran to tiger to get loads of tree decs like the hot dog etc. Made a terrible reel out of it for content then puts none of them on the tree due to the kids. how is that frugal buying loads of things to sit in boxes and not enjoy.
I never understand this weird obsession they seem to have over not putting out their decs when kids are small. Put the breakables up higher and tell the kids not to touch 🤷‍♀️ that’s what I’ve always done!!

Reactions: 10
Also it’s not like they’re antique family heirlooms….it’s mass produced Chinese tat…surely it’s a good excuse for her to buy more next year….not that Alex needs an excuse

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I never understand this weird obsession they seem to have over not putting out their decs when kids are small. Put the breakables up higher and tell the kids not to touch 🤷‍♀️ that’s what I’ve always done!!
I don’t get this at all! I haven’t changed much due to the kids except tell them not to touch and they don’t!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.