The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agh, I see those under £10 gift ideas and all I can think is tat tat tat. Really it’s just for the sake of buying something. Maybe we’re a strange family but I know all of us would rather not get anything than get a picture frame or a mug we don’t need. It’s like a guide you can use in case you’re itching to spend £10 but really don’t need anything.
My family‘s the same. We buy things that each other has asked for or nothing at all.

I’ve known lots of friends and my ex who would literally buy anything for their whole family just to tick the box of buying a Christmas present - a book, mug, picture frame, perfume - when you don’t know what they want, need or would actually use! It’s so wasteful!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes. I would really not appreciate a cream tin with utensils written on it, or an awful blue striped photo frame, etc, etc.
Hah, I actually did buy one of those tins a few weeks ago from Alex’s favourite shop and the kitchen surfaces are less of a mess now! But I would never gift one to someone.

Reactions: 1
In her gift guide, she recommended a dustpan. Why the duck I want a chic dustpan? Get one from ikea that cost 1pound and call it a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It says everything about her ‘circle’ that they clearly don’t NEED anything, so the very concept of gifts being useful practical things vs petty pointless tat? Wild to these people.

Reactions: 2
We decided for the adults in my family this year to do a £10 budget per person. There is not a thing on her list that I would buy for any of them.
it’s quite difficult but I’ve done it and manages to buy nice gifts that will be appreciated.

Reactions: 3
Did Alex’s sister get and ad with Flying Tiger and Alex didn’t!! Pahahahahhahahhahahah she must be fuming!!
Couldn’t help but notice, Alex’s sister mentions they always use the same tree and same ornaments so they got a wreath for the door from the Flying Tiger. Meanwhile Alex is there stocking up on more ornaments every year.

Reactions: 6
She really is trolling us now with how smug busy she is. How did it get to 5/8/11pm Alex? Maybe because you faff around all day and don’t have a real job, or maybe it’s because it takes you 6 months to paint a fence with an eyeshadow brush!

A2F32061-A434-42F2-A05C-7879FC1504C4.png

• Haha
Because Alex you spend your days doing the stuff the rest of us squeeze into evenings and weekends. And then you watch tv for two to three hours every evening, by the sounds of things. HTH.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I thought south London?

I saw a woman this morning with one of those supermarket totes Alex is always touting. But unlike Alex, hers appeared to be full and not just for show!

I've got two of the Waitrose ones...I can get a full week's food shop in them and they don't fall apart. I can also take a load of stuff to work in them and it doesn't all stick out of the top like a normal tote. I keep debating putting a popper fastening inside the top though :unsure:

Reactions: 3
Good on her for not doing Black Friday links.
She did though, is under the disguise of Christmas gift. The 🍪 stay with you for 30 days. What she is saying is that she is not doing BF shopping herself because why do you only shop on this day, when you can shop tats everyday.

Sorry I am cynical like that!

Reactions: 15
She did though, is under the disguise of Christmas gift. The 🍪 stay with you for 30 days. What she is saying is that she is not doing BF shopping herself because why do you only shop on this day, when you can shop tats everyday.

Sorry I am cynical like that!
Ahh right, lies then!

Reactions: 5
Surprised she's giving to Trussel trust. After her buying the bargain veg boxes in Lidl I half expect her to be down the food bank on her way to Tiger so she can buy more tit/extend her house further

• Haha
I've got two of the Waitrose ones...I can get a full week's food shop in them and they don't fall apart. I can also take a load of stuff to work in them and it doesn't all stick out of the top like a normal tote. I keep debating putting a popper fastening inside the top though :unsure:
I mostly think Alex is a middle class fraud but the Waitrose shopper bags she bangs on about are good. Also fits a yoga mat and blocks (backs away slowly 😳)

The problem with Alex is that 99% of what she recommends is utter tat or shite so when she does come across something good, it’s hard to tell!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.