The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to the email, the event promises “smart money saving tips, eco-friendly gift wrapping tricks, along with delightful decorations” but I initially read it as “frightful decorations”.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
F4D565CA-70CA-4EC2-9B99-CF9EF7CC3026.png

A person with a job, Alex, who needs to answer the phone to colleagues / clients.
I can’t bear this performative uselessness.

although I guess it’s not performative - she is useless.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Christmas is coming! Must buy some overpriced matches for gifting (🤢). No Swan Vestas for the Insta crowd.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
According to the email, the event promises “smart money saving tips, eco-friendly gift wrapping tricks, along with delightful decorations” but I initially read it as “frightful decorations”.
I’m guessing buying a multi-pack of candles, divide into pairs and tie with ribbon saved from something years ago, re-use wrapping paper and boxes and brown paper from online deliveries. And maybe bake something in a nice dish which the recipient can keep. Buy stocking fillers in charity shops and second hand books make lovely gifts. Not sure what her delightful decorations will be - may using greenery from her garden. Will definitely feature using previous year’s Christmas cards for gift tags. And maybe how she asks her family to give one gift each to her kids rather than several - though most people do only give one gift! And instead of a gift advent calendar - do a things to do - make a craft item, an outing, a story, a movie night - but won’t mention that after a week you’ll be sorry you’ve done this as you don’t have time every evening to do the ‘to do’! Instead of buying a Christmas jumper stick a few bits from the craft box onto a plain jumper.

I doubt she will suggest buying an expensive make-up pouch (from Lookfantastic) and filling with products for a lovely care package! Or that despite limiting gifts to her kids, they have a houseful of toys and not all wooden, eco friendly ones either.

Reactions: 7
If memory serves she did the activity advent last year for her kids. One of the activities was ‘have a bath’. (I’m not making this up).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
If memory serves she did the activity advent last year for her kids. One of the activities was ‘have a bath’. (I’m not making this up).
I mean, the cost of boiler usage for that much hot water this year it is an absolute indulgent luxury now 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yep because too much effort. Her hosting table a couple of days ago included 3 oranges shoved in a bowl - who is that for?!
I thought that was amusing - a tiny bowl, with three large oranges in it and it looked ridiculous. As did the whole table with lots of little bits and I don’t know how many candles but the overall effect was a random mess. Tablescapes aren’t her forte!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There’s nothing I hate more than influencers who play at working. Oooh I’m so cute and quirky for always wearing my lanyard when in the office. No head this is what all other people do who work in offices, it’s not unique it’s called having a real job and always having to wear your security pass.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve never had a lanyard 😢 I guess I’m just not as good at working in a workplace as Alex, the worker.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There’s nothing I hate more than influencers who play at working. Oooh I’m so cute and quirky for always wearing my lanyard when in the office. No head this is what all other people do who work in offices, it’s not unique it’s called having a real job and always having to wear your security pass.
So annoying. Actually Alex , if you had a proper job you’d know it’s policy to wear it all the time to maintain safety and access. It’s not a bloody key ring

Reactions: 7
Shame that was an activity for the kids rather than Chris and his hair.

• Haha
  • Sick
Had lunch in a M&S cafe today (not CHIC!) and thought of this thread - it’s always rammed with old dears as you’d expect but so many of them had that Sainsbury’s bag for life she’s always on about 😂😭

I wonder if they sign up for her newsletters?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Agh, I see those under £10 gift ideas and all I can think is tat tat tat. Really it’s just for the sake of buying something. Maybe we’re a strange family but I know all of us would rather not get anything than get a picture frame or a mug we don’t need. It’s like a guide you can use in case you’re itching to spend £10 but really don’t need anything.

• Heart
Agh, I see those under £10 gift ideas and all I can think is tat tat tat. Really it’s just for the sake of buying something. Maybe we’re a strange family but I know all of us would rather not get anything than get a picture frame or a mug we don’t need. It’s like a guide you can use in case you’re itching to spend £10 but really don’t need anything.
Yes. I would really not appreciate a cream tin with utensils written on it, or an awful blue striped photo frame, etc, etc.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.