The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The weird tk maxx crisps were those mini dried bagel things. Who wants to eat those and actual bagels together?!

The cake probably came from Sainsburys, I mean Lidl. đŸ€Ș

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The weird tk maxx crisps were those mini dried bagel things. Who wants to eat those and actual bagels together?!

The cake probably came from Sainsburys, I mean Lidl. đŸ€Ș
These are not just bagels, these are tk maxx bagels (in the sound of the m&s advert) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Imagine rocking up to a kids party and finding that 😂 at least there was a caterpillar cake but do we think someone else brought that to make sure it was a Colin rather than a cheap supermarket knockoff because you know #frugal
Honestly times are tough so if it was at a normal house I’d just think bless / by the grace of god go I, but imagine rocking up to a huge house busting at the seams with Insta tat and seeing that? You’d just assume narc parents like the Hoopers who’ve got their poor kids peeing in buckets because they converted the house to contain a pent house suite for them and took out the children’s bathrooms to make room for them all.

Reactions: 6
And barely any of it will have been consumed as per, thus confirming Alex’s justification that it was pointless to put any effort into the food. Splatter bowls though, priorities đŸ€Ș

Bit disappointed we weren’t shown the meal planners for the subsequent days with ‘leftover bagels’ for breakfast lunch and dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It is weird when other similar influencers would have caterers do an amazing spread laid over the kitchen island and a balloon arch etc
 then you’ve got Alex with her homemade sarnies 😬 gotta keep up the frugal pretence I suppose!

It is weird when other similar influencers would have caterers do an amazing spread laid over the kitchen island and a balloon arch etc
 then you’ve got Alex with her homemade sarnies 😬 gotta keep up the frugal pretence I suppose!
I don’t see the need for the aforementioned only to have a birthday party for the kid. It’s really unnecessary. What I do have issues with is how poor their diet must be if Alex thought this was a good enough spread.

Reactions: 5
Ah I don’t disagree! Personally I hate balloon arches, so wasteful. It’s just a stark contrast between what other influencers do and what she’s done. And yes, the amount of beige on the table would really suggest that they eat poorly.
(Plus brown bagels?! Excuse me if I’m gonna have a bagel, I want it to be white, I wouldn’t have one very often and a brown one is just wrong!)

It looks an unappetising mess, those bagels look so dry. If she was doing this on a budget, a fresh slice pan of bread would have been nicer for the sandwiches and she could have served them from one large plate or platter. Some fruit from her Oddbox, some chopped veg to go with the dip she had in a bowl. Some cheese to go with her selection of crackers. Some sort of sauce in a bowl to go with the susages.

Next weeks meal plan:
Breakfast: bagels with eggs (leftover)
Lunch: bagels (leftover) with aubergine curry leftovers (from freezer)
Dinner: Shepherds pie (leftovers from freezer)) with bagel topping (leftover)
Snacks: chorizo, spring onion bagels (leftovers)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Next weeks meal plan:
Breakfast: bagels with eggs (leftover)
Lunch: bagels (leftover) with aubergine curry leftovers (from freezer)
Dinner: Shepherds pie (leftovers from freezer)) with bagel topping (leftover)
Snacks: chorizo, spring onion bagels (leftovers)
did you list all the items inside the cupboards before coming up with that varied meal plan?? Beans, soup, sweetcorn etc

Reactions: 1
Wait, they note down everything that’s in their cupboards? Who’s got the time for that? Especially when you’re a busy working mum like Alex.

Wait, they note down everything that’s in their cupboards? Who’s got the time for that? Especially when you’re a busy working mum like Alex.
Well busy working mum I am not sure. All she does is fanning around tiger and tkmx. Sometimes she counts matches.
Kids in full time childcare

For someone who “never has any time” she certainly gets through a lot of TV (for free, only, obvs). My partner and I don’t have kids yet and literally get 30 mins a night to watch some mindless TV let alone plough through three separate series!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.