The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found her parents house not long ago. It’s in Surrey very close to London borders. Probably worth £1.5-£2m.

Reactions: 2
I have to say I've had a right chuckle at the hypocrisy of you all excitedly collecting your waitrose bags 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
They are great shopping bags! I have the Sainsburys and Waitrose ones and if I can get the Selfridges one as well I’ll be delighted 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They are great shopping bags! I have the Sainsburys and Waitrose ones and if I can get the Selfridges one as well I’ll be delighted 😂
I hope you’ll take all 3 down my local M&S cafe to stunt on those state pension eligible girlies who just have the Sainsbury’s one 😂❤

Ps this is a joke no shade to you guys that love that bag, I just can’t not see the cafeteria style floor of the M&S cafe swimming with them whenever I see Alex doing content with it

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This reply to a comment on her mulled cider reel has really riled me, she's so rude!
Why would it only be good if you happen to have some rum lying around? A lot of people are more likely to have rum in the house than star anise, cloves, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg *and* pomegranate seeds. It's a perfectly fine suggestion, why is she making out that they're suggesting something totally unreasonable or non-frugal and extravagant? What a knob

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This reply to a comment on her mulled cider reel has really riled me, she's so rude!
Why would it only be good if you happen to have some rum lying around? A lot of people are more likely to have rum in the house than star anise, cloves, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg *and* pomegranate seeds. It's a perfectly fine suggestion, why is she making out that they're suggesting something totally unreasonable or non-frugal and extravagant? What a knob
This is another parallel with her and Jack Monroe - like not all food/drinks are achievable on a budget and that’s absolutely fine you don’t need to pretend otherwise. You can’t do Michelin star food for 11p a portion else it would have been done by a Michelin star chef, likewise if you want a fancy cocktail or mulled drink you’ve gotta pay over the odds for it or instead go for the best you can do in your budget. Like you’ve said I imagine you could probably get rum* for less than all the other bits combined anyway?!

*if rum isn’t in your budget, check your parents’ kitchen for some in stock 🤭 #thefrugality x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeah Alex love. You don’t have rum in the house, but you have a wardrobe full of sezane, expensive renovations and you both don’t have proper jobs.

Reactions: 8
Their main priority today was to go to Aldi to buy chocolate. Where do they find the time?? #busyworkingmum

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also, just the sight of Dopey’s greasy mop in the corner of this shot makes me 🤢 When did he last wash it??
EB848DC4-451A-4863-9907-0F6F565CFC53.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Oh the irony of that post she’s been tagged in! Saving money and reducing packaging and waste! Now I’m not knocking her for the charity shop part - I 100% love a charity shop but the fact someone things she is mindful when it comes to packaging, waste, mass marketing and consumerism blows my mind! She is the complete and utter opposite!! Just because she occasionally shops secondhand doesn’t negate alllllllll the rest of the wasteful, mindless, constant and totally unsustainable shopping and general lifestyle she consumes and advertises! THIS is what annoys me the most about her - total greenwashing. Making us feel she’s ‘wholier than thou’ over it but she is the worst, worst consumer and her job encourages it. Just own it Alex! Infuriating 😆😆 (rant over, need to work now!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.