The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is nothing aspirational about this pair. Those brown shoes are vile and not black tie. And I enjoyed Alex complaining that the lighting and carpet meant her photos aren’t chic. Definitely not her frumpy outfit to blame.
IMG_0200.png
IMG_0201.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I would be embarrassed turning up at a black tie event with him dressed like that. The only slight positive is that he had his greasy man bun chopped off a few weeks ago. What a schlump.

Less said about Alex's outfit the better.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What’s with those outfits?! Chris’s tie grey shirt and shoes?! They don’t even match never mind consider them suitable for a black tie event

Reactions: 7
This is embarrassing for a so-called stylist. If it’s last minute and you don’t have something suitable, just politely decline the invitation?

Those outfits really do look very last minute. And certainly not what you would expect from a self proclaimed fashion stylist/editor.

These two always seem to struggle as fully fledged adults. They seem stuck in a student time warp.

ETA: we are clearly all thinking the same here 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
As someone who is a self proclaimed careful shopper, outfit repeater and is supposed to only wear clothes that work hard for her how can she not have a black dress? Or even a black trouser suit she could jazz up with some sparkly heels.. I mean... all the clothes she has/buys
If it was that last minute I prob wouldn't go cos I'd feel I was only invited to make up the numbers anyway!

• Heart
Sorry to barge in - I usually lurk here but can’t help myself. I own that dress, and it was about £30 just before lockdown was announced in 2020, so very frugal. I’ve worn it loads with eg DM boots and tights, or bare legs and trainers, and I’m sure I will be in it again once it warms up a bit. But really, black tie? No.

Reactions: 13
Sorry to barge in - I usually lurk here but can’t help myself. I own that dress, and it was about £30 just before lockdown was announced in 2020, so very frugal. I’ve worn it loads with eg DM boots and tights, or bare legs and trainers, and I’m sure I will be in it again once it warms up a bit. But really, black tie? No.
Nothing wrong with the dress at all, I have similar ones that are also from H&M and I have had for years too ooh were frugal like Alex now 😂.. . but she makes a living out of telling people how to dress.. I think no one needs to be told if you can't think of what to wear you can't go wrong with a classic black dress and accessories even for black tie..

Nothing wrong with the dress at all, I have similar ones that are also from H&M and I have had for years too ooh were frugal like Alex now 😂.. . but she makes a living out of telling people how to dress.. I think no one needs to be told if you can't think of what to wear you can't go wrong with a classic black dress and accessories even for black tie..
It’s a great dress - but it’s a great dress for going out for a big lunch or a comfy work day. Surely if you are #kindlygifted all the things that’s not the best you can do for black tie!

Reactions: 8
‘We were both invited to a last minute black tie event’.
Unlikely the event was last minute but more likely that their invite was. Maybe they had to make up numbers 🙊

‘We were both invited to a last minute black tie event’.
Unlikely the event was last minute but more likely that their invite was. Maybe they had to make up numbers 🙊
I’m just trying to imagine the conversation that preceded their invite:
“Oh noes, Tarquin and Jocasta have cancelled! Is there anyone we can invite at the last minute?”
“How about Alex and that dopey husband of hers?”
“Hmm. All right then but don’t expect a gift beyond cheap candles, sit downwind of him and for godsake lock up any leftovers!”

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is exactly it. They look like the types that bite directly into a block of cheese??
Definitely stealing this, I laughed out loud as it’s spot on!
---
She looks bad but he looks worse… oddly the suit is ok (surely you’re less likely to own a tux than a white shirt, nice tie and black shoes?) but the shoes are HEINOUS and the skinny tie and casual shirt (the BUTTONS on the collar 😭?!) are just screaming Topman circa 2010.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Didn't she do one of those rent a statement dress things before or am I imagining it? That would totally have been the sensible thing to do for this - or would she only do that if she wasn't paying?

Reactions: 4
Didn't she do one of those rent a statement dress things before or am I imagining it? That would totally have been the sensible thing to do for this - or would she only do that if she wasn't paying?
She said the invite was too last minute to get a rental dress!

Reactions: 3
She did, for the secretly Californian wedding IIRC and then another time just to float around her kitchen or something.

Reactions: 3
You’d think as an ex stylist she’d still have mates in the industry who would be able to lend her something from a press room or a fashion cupboard for the evening? As for him, you can easily rent a tux on the day. I bet they just went for the free food

So this may be outing myself but I own 2-3 dresses that would be suitable for black tie and I’m not even a “fashionista” like Alex 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.