The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Geez, does she think she’s some kind of minor celeb and has to throw everyone off the scent when she’s out of town? Could you really be arsed.

But then again she has pimped out her house Insta for years now so it’s not difficult to know exactly where she lives and an inch by inch layout of every room. Although any would be burglars would probs end up slipping on the patio tiles or over a basket of tat…

Maybe she should have Air B&B’d it whilst she was away or done a house swap or something. That would be FRUGAL and could generate her a tonne of content and save us all from the flippin chickpea & chorizo recipe + frame painting suggestions for the umpteenth time.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think it’s a good idea to stagger the holiday content from a security point of view. I am so far from being an influencer but I’m careful not to say ‘IM ON HOLIDAY RIGHT NOW!’ On social media.

Reactions: 5
I think it’s a good idea to stagger the holiday content from a security point of view. I am so far from being an influencer but I’m careful not to say ‘IM ON HOLIDAY RIGHT NOW!’ On social media.
But if you pimp out your house for contents, everyone knows where you stay. I don’t trust influencers, she is not here for security reason, but more so to lie about the fact that they are so poor, they can only afford a one week holiday (nothing about grandparents paying for holiday, ohhhh, they aren’t eating chips and bread this time)

Reactions: 6
If she wants to create the illusion that she is at home when she is in fact away she needs to ensure that everyone else on the holiday (ie her sister) doesn’t give the game away. Seems very obvious - so she’s either rather dim or she isn’t doing it for security reasons. Could be either or tbh! 🤣

Reactions: 4
Too frugal for a well-maintained burglar alarm then? They don't sell those in Tiger after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Imagine not being able to post from your family holiday because your sibling is an influencer and has asked/told you not to 😂

I mean it’s hardly any sort of real world problem but good on her sister for posting as she wants to, influencers are far too wrapped up in themselves as it is.

Anyway I’m looking forward to the unpacked suitcases in the hallway pics 🙄 So relatable 🙄

I honestly don’t see the issue. I think it’s smart to do it that way. Plenty of people on this thread have identified her exact road and house! Alarm or not, I wouldn’t be advertising when I’ve left the house for two weeks.
I get the gripes about her being frugal but don’t see how that connects to her not declaring when she’s on holiday

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t think she’s doing it for security reasons. I think she’s trying to play down what is actually a 10-14 day fancy holiday which has most likely been bankrolled by her folks, as it doesn’t fit into her frugal brand.

It’s all a a charade with Alex - so much of her lifestyle e.g. work choices, house, extension, holidays are down to her privilege. Yet she continues to shill the ‘frugal’ lie without being transparent about all this.

And she has form for trying to cover up large expenditures/lifestyle choices which aren’t on brand e.g. the secret second floor extension!! Next up will be private school for the kids.

I don’t think it’s about security either - it’s more about her being about to do ADs & Links whilst she’s away, also she lives a good old moan about how hard working she is, she deserves all she has because she’s worked for it. By lying about her holiday dates, she gets to sit of her fat arse doing nothing and not have to spew about the bullshit. She’s too lazy to even go on Instagram and “work”

Bet it was a crap holiday. Alex had a tantrum that her sister called her out, refused to join in on holiday. No one in her family stood for it so she got no help from parents due to her stubbornness and entitlement because she stormed off. Hence the “I thought I’d be on a sunlounger” and the minimal photos of her nephew and her kids playing together! Her sister stopped posting of all the family, and her mum looked deflated before Alex called her for a “selfie”. I bet she ruined the holiday for them all! 😂🤪

Reactions: 3
I agree it wasn’t about security. Why broadcast you are not wearing clothes set aside for a holiday a few days before you go? Why pretend you are using your oven to cook a hot dinner on a 41 degree day? And so on.
Yes her sister gave the game away but it was only confirmation. Alex was trying to fudge (badly) another thing that did not fit the frugal brand.

Reactions: 9
If it was security she wouldn't basically tell the world where she lives, which she did when she bought the place, show it off on IG and other paid activations & display what car you drive which is parked outside your house!

she prob had her little team in counting matches while she was away.

Reactions: 10
Going by her holiday outfits, her career as a fashion stylist and even a fashion influencer are well and truly over. She looked over-heated in most of her outfits which seemed more suited to UK summer days rather than Mediterranean summer days.

Except for the story with her Mum, she did not look to be happy or enjoying her holiday in any story or photo. I think anyone with small children realises that a family holiday is totally different to a child-free holiday but they can still be fun, not all dreary, dreary lifting buggies down steps and eating cold meats out of a packet on a park bench.

Reactions: 7
Oh my goodness! At least she can laugh at herself. The one where she’s handing out cold meat on the park bench screams Little Britain! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It is so bizarre when wealthy people try and pretend they’re struggling/are poorer than they actually are. This seems to have become worse in recent years. I think people have quite rightly become angry about the increasing wealth gap (and that wealth is usually just inherited) and how people are desperately struggling and unable to get out of poverty. The rich getting richer off the back of poor peoples labour etc.

I just hate how people like her want to pretend they have it hard whilst simultaneously enjoying (and showing off) all the riches that have been handed down to them. Like, which one is it? You can’t have it both ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Read the very top box, Alexandra.

1C3AC3F9-26BC-4C70-B614-FF5090FE5B57.jpeg

THEN MARK YOUR OWN PRODUCTS CLEARLY AS AN AD.

7D31C2FA-5A75-4D62-8E03-56500BF8ABFA.jpeg

Sheesh. It’s not that hard.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The trouble is (and this applies to all influencers not just Alex) that if they followed the guidelines to the letter, every single post and story would start AD. How often do they post and they’re not wearing/using a single gifted thing, or featuring their own brand, or a brand they’ve worked with? Like never. So they conveniently forget, or it would be way too obvious what greedy grifters they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Alex posting content about her hair is laughable. Next thing she will be showing us how to bake sourdough.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.