The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does everyone want dresses with pockets? Do they walk around with their hands in pockets? Or is it just for the Instagram photo?! And the "With pockets too" caption??
I don't get It - surely they don't put anything in the pockets?
I quite like a pocket on a dress (if it suits the dress) but the whole IG obsession with them is a bit weird I agree.

Reactions: 8
I think “old” is influencer parlance for “not able to link this for £££” but it is also very lazy as she could say when she bought it. And should definitely be saying if gifts/discounts were involved!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It is lazy (classic Alex) but I’m not sure the average follower would care *when* she bought it? Unless they were going to seek it out on Depop.

Reactions: 4
I quite like a pocket on a dress (if it suits the dress) but the whole IG obsession with them is a bit weird I agree.
yeah I can imagine on the right dress .. but influencers want pockets on all their dresses, you're right it is an obsession and weird 😂

As a phone addict I appreciate pockets on dresses 🤣
I would be too scared mine would fall out.. I have had many accidents just with back pockets of jeans and toilets 😬

Reactions: 1
I can’t cope with the state of the front of their house….surely you’d sort out the brickwork/rendering before spending £££ on getting the garden done? Given the fact any work they need to get done on it in future will mean scaffolding/builders who will give zero fucks about her artfully placed lavender. Assume they’re paying as that’s a lot of bricks that have been laid already and 1) if they were doing it themselves we’d have had at least 50 posts about it and 2) Chris would have managed about one a day at his work rate

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t cope with the state of the front of their house….surely you’d sort out the brickwork/rendering before spending £££ on getting the garden done? Given the fact any work they need to get done on it in future will mean scaffolding/builders who will give zero fucks about her artfully placed lavender. Assume they’re paying as that’s a lot of bricks that have been laid already and 1) if they were doing it themselves we’d have had at least 50 posts about it and 2) Chris would have managed about one a day at his work rate
It would make more sense to sort the rendering/front of the house before the front, yeah. I’m glad they’ve sorted the roof though and the upstairs bedroom windows. Just downstairs windows left and the front brickwork. They’re getting through the reno pretty well, to be honest, despite impression they give of the snail-like back garden tiles and fence painting.

Reactions: 3
Which one is it Alex - either you trialled them for the first time as a freebie gift (“road tested”) OR have you actually ordered them as gifts in the past? Why do influencers pretend that the item they’ve been gifted & tried for the first time is definitely, absolutely their favourite thing ever?

We know you think that crappy £1 toxic Tiger candles are a chic gift so the likelihood of you gifting expensive brownies is slim to none 🤔

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Which one is it Alex - either you trialled them for the first time as a freebie gift (“road tested”) OR have you actually ordered them as gifts in the past? Why do influencers pretend that the item they’ve been gifted & tried for the first time is definitely, absolutely their favourite thing ever?

We know you think that crappy £1 toxic Tiger candles are a chic gift so the likelihood of you gifting expensive brownies is slim to none 🤔
And a PR gift is an ad? MARK IT AS SUCH PLS.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Dresses with pockets I personally find super useful - phone, snotty tissues, stuff my toddler insists I have to look after etc. But for influencers, especially this one, I don’t get why you need them when you’re carrying so many weirdly-worn clearly empty bags around with you 😂

Been desperate to also bring up Coal Drops Yard. Why are they all obsessed with this place?! Have any of you been? It’s like a capitalism theme park - like an out of town shopping retail park dressed up as urban townscaping, tricking influencers and the influenced into thinking it’s ^chic^ because everything costs 10x more than it would at an actual retail park. Faux-stylish with pretend industrial finishes to make it look like it somehow emerged out of the old kings cross whilst being totally sanitised. Oh, and the ‘hidden secret’ photo booth they all love - it’s not hidden, it’s just that it’s not inside a shop?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I do not understand this tiger flower plate obsession. Personally I think blah. Am I missing a trick??

Reactions: 9
I do not understand this tiger flower plate obsession. Personally I think blah. Am I missing a trick??
I think they are nicer and more useful than 90% of the tut she buys from there but I’m not sure they are worthy of the mad IG lemming rush to stock up.

Reactions: 7
She flexed about her ‘old’ clothes but conveniently left out the fact that her New balance shoes is new. Bought this year. Also, our summer last for 3 months, so rewearing the same things you bought 3 years ago isn’t really a big deal.

Reactions: 6
Dresses with pockets I personally find super useful - phone, snotty tissues, stuff my toddler insists I have to look after etc. But for influencers, especially this one, I don’t get why you need them when you’re carrying so many weirdly-worn clearly empty bags around with you 😂

Been desperate to also bring up Coal Drops Yard. Why are they all obsessed with this place?! Have any of you been? It’s like a capitalism theme park - like an out of town shopping retail park dressed up as urban townscaping, tricking influencers and the influenced into thinking it’s ^chic^ because everything costs 10x more than it would at an actual retail park. Faux-stylish with pretend industrial finishes to make it look like it somehow emerged out of the old kings cross whilst being totally sanitised. Oh, and the ‘hidden secret’ photo booth they all love - it’s not hidden, it’s just that it’s not inside a shop?!
I’ve been and I quite like it there. There are some quirky shops and it’s nice to sit outside. I also remember the area when I used to roll out of clubs at 6am a bit worse for wear 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Alex goes to Coal Drop Yard as she's really lazy and it's step free with a buggy and the closest place to where they live (where there is duck all to do at a weekend). But it's such boring content! She really should have moved to Walthamstow.

Alex goes to Coal Drop Yard as she's really lazy and it's step free with a buggy and the closest place to where they live (where there is duck all to do at a weekend). But it's such boring content! She really should have moved to Walthamstow.
So does Lily Pebbles. Alex ass kiss Lily so much on IG. Huns support Huns.

Omg the last paragraph is so well written and perfectly scathing 😂 I have nothing to add sorry but you should write books

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That front garden will be costing ££££.
Way more than a sourdough loaf 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.