The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More power to her if she can eat this way and not feel any effects. But my god she must be bloated and with slow slow digestion. Who can eat this much carb in one week - potato, rice, rice, pasta, potato, potato, rice, rice, pasta, bread and bread!! I’m amazed!

View attachment 1276504
I eat carbs at every meal. But I have a more varied diet than Alex’s student-level example and both partner and I enjoy cooking 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s never occurred to me to not eat carbs. What might you serve instead?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I eat carbs at every meal. But I have a more varied diet than Alex’s student-level example and both partner and I enjoy cooking 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s never occurred to me to not eat carbs. What might you serve instead?
Oh it’s not carbs, it’s starchy carbs I mean. I have carbs at every meal too in some form but definitely nowhere near this much. It’s just the amount I mean. I eat lentils, beans, bulgur wheat, cous cous, sweet potato, rice noodles, brown rice, and lots and lots of veg (an even amount to the protein on the plate). I dunno, maybe I’m the weird one!

Reactions: 2
Can we please make use of cuts and trigger warnings for EDs if we’re going to have food purity chats to keep tattle a safe space for everyone?

ETA lmaoooo @Tiger tat your username 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry didn’t mean to upset anyone - pretty standard chat on here that she eats so many white carbs! I can just delete it if easier

Reactions: 1
Sorry didn’t mean to upset anyone - pretty standard chat on here that she eats so many white carbs! I can just delete it if easier
Oh you don’t need to delete or do anything at the end of the day, I’m not a mod or god lol it’s just a polite request as this subject comes up a lot and if anyone is struggling will make it unreadable for them.

Reactions: 5
Oh it’s not carbs, it’s starchy carbs I mean. I have carbs at every meal too in some form but definitely nowhere near this much. It’s just the amount I mean. I eat lentils, beans, bulgur wheat, cous cous, sweet potato, rice noodles, brown rice, and lots and lots of veg (an even amount to the protein on the plate). I dunno, maybe I’m the weird one!
You have a very healthy diet. I love carbs, potatoes, rice, bread yum yum yum 😋 French fries is my weakness. I also love a sourdough. Egg fried rice too. No I don’t eat like her. Lol.

I thought I would say, she eats like most English I know.

• Haha
You have a very healthy diet. I love carbs, potatoes, rice, bread yum yum yum 😋 French fries is my weakness. I also love a sourdough. Egg fried rice too. No I don’t eat like her. Lol.

Sourdough?! I hope you realise how expensive that is…..

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Nothing to add re carbs in general, but maybe we could use a trigger warning for s*urd*ugh, seeing as it is so expensive and wouldn’t want to upset any poor people like myself who can’t afford it.
1652909265154.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Omg I love it all too. My point was if I ate as much as her I’d get so bloated and would probably never poop 💩 haha TMI!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So here’s some tea tattle folk. I went to an event tonight and Alex was there. It was quiet a glamorous event, she looked like a bag lady. Wandered in wearing that gingham dress, raggedy old sandals and loads of bags. It was actually quiet embarrassing

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
So here’s some tea tattle folk. I went to an event tonight and Alex was there. It was quiet a glamorous event, she looked like a bag lady. Wandered in wearing that gingham dress, raggedy old sandals and loads of bags. It was actually quiet embarrassing
she perhaps went to tiger before that, hence the bags.

• Haha
Oh god, she’s on the make all your meals for £xx bandwagon. Except it all looks so unappetising. So many people are doing this and so much better. This is not a lane Alex needs to be getting into, when we all know her spend is a lie anyway as she always ‘forgets’ to add the cost of her free veg box.

Reactions: 9
This is the tea I am here for! 🤣

Oh god, she’s on the make all your meals for £xx bandwagon. Except it all looks so unappetising. So many people are doing this and so much better. This is not a lane Alex needs to be getting into, when we all know her spend is a lie anyway as she always ‘forgets’ to add the cost of her free veg box.
Yes this reel of hers really annoyed me (perhaps irrationally!). I really really hope she knows better than to make any attempt to try to align her situation with those on a real low income/struggling to eat & heat right now.

So this was the party of Laura Ronnie Nelson? Who is she and why was she having a party? Is she a mutual friend of you and Alex? <nosey, sorry>

Reactions: 3
With the added afterthought of “I’ve not included breakfast, we eat cereal and toast” which I guess are apparently free?!

• Haha
Did anyone notice the chorizo in the snack column?! 🤣
What’s wrong with a chocolate digestive?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If you bought it last year, it’s old 🫠

Sorry for the broken record but I dislike what this perpetuates - that unless you bought it five minutes ago it’s old and also that wearing clothes from just last year is some sort of virtuous act to be shouted about?
Anyone skimming this content (99% of people) will come away thinking Alex consumes sustainably for an influencer. Meanwhile she’s mainlining Tiger tat and last seasons Arket sale items with gifted vouchers.
She hadn’t said if any of this stuff was gifted / discounted / part voucher / paid work etc either.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Agree completely but I guess (giving her the benefit of the doubt and you all know my views on our frugal one...) she means it's old/past season? But then she could just put past season couldn't she? Also, she look freakin ridiculous in the dress with the hat - it's like a costume!

Why does everyone want dresses with pockets? Do they walk around with their hands in pockets? Or is it just for the Instagram photo?! And the "With pockets too" caption??
I don't get It - surely they don't put anything in the pockets?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.