The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand why all the middle class hun gushing over the Tiger plates. Is literally a slightly better version of Poundland. Slightly

Weird isn’t it. It’s mass produced/made in China /fleeting trend tat. No originality at all. She could go and have a rummage round for some second hand/antique finds of a similar style and that would be far more interesting content. Although maybe that’s just too much work for the ever busy multitasking Alex?

Reactions: 8
I don’t understand why all the middle class hun gushing over the Tiger plates. Is literally a slightly better version of Poundland. Slightly
This kind of thing is more 'acceptable' than fast fashion and a cheap and easy bit of tat to buy and boost engagement? (Especially when all the huns tag each other #influenced )

Reactions: 9
This kind of thing is more 'acceptable' than fast fashion and a cheap and easy bit of tat to buy and boost engagement? (Especially when all the huns tag each other #influenced )
Unfortunately that is a really good point. She likes to portray the idea she is sustainable etc (such bollocks) but easy to comment how you’ve reworn something but buying mass produced wares (essentially same problem) is just a bit of frivolous fun, a treat! And it gains momentum as they all have to have it. Pathetic.

Reactions: 9
I posted something similar a few days ago but don’t think I expressed it well.

I had an absolute light bulb moment that Alex is worried about being associated with fast fashion waste, but she needs content and mostly she is a SPENDER.

She has transferred her spending habit from clothes and shoes to household items. Where her house used to be minimal and her wardrobe bulging, her house now is cluttered and her wardrobe is all ‘old’*.

*If you describe anything not bought in the last three months as ‘old’. 😉

Reactions: 14
I can’t cope with the amount of dust they must collect….they surely aren’t taking them down every week, dusting everything and ‘artfully’ displaying them again….I’m sneezing just thinking about it
I always think that about the amount of crap she stores in open baskets under her bed - surely it just gets covered with dust?

Reactions: 7
I posted something similar a few days ago but don’t think I expressed it well.

I had an absolute light bulb moment that Alex is worried about being associated with fast fashion waste, but she needs content and mostly she is a SPENDER.

She has transferred her spending habit from clothes and shoes to household items. Where her house used to be minimal and her wardrobe bulging, her house now is cluttered and her wardrobe is all ‘old’*.

*If you describe anything not bought in the last three months as ‘old’. 😉
I do think it’s good she’s at least trying to show how you can rewear old clothes in different ways though? Some of her Reels have been alright I thought. Most influencers don’t bother 😢

Reactions: 4
I do think it’s good she’s at least trying to show how you can rewear old clothes in different ways though? Some of her Reels have been alright I thought. Most influencers don’t bother 😢
I agree!

However the restyling of old clothes is a canny move to hold onto her original followers. Influencing by its very nature depends upon consumers purchasing new goods and services. There’s no money to be made in repeating outfits or purchasing secondhand.

• Heart
I agree!

However the restyling of old clothes is a canny move to hold onto her original followers. Influencing by its very nature depends upon consumers purchasing new goods and services. There’s no money to be made in repeating outfits or purchasing secondhand.
She also called a 3 months old clothes OLD.

She shops as much as us, the only difference is that she is super performative

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Weird isn’t it. It’s mass produced/made in China /fleeting trend tat. No originality at all. She could go and have a rummage round for some second hand/antique finds of a similar style and that would be far more interesting content. Although maybe that’s just too much work for the ever busy multitasking Alex?
No affiliate links on second hand finds!

Reactions: 7
So I just had a nose on Companies House (was looking Kat Farmer's accounts!) and I looked at The Frugality's. I'm no expert at reading accounts so I could be reading them incorrectly but they really don't look to make that much money. And they're not directors of any other company so it looks to be their only one. Quite surprising.

Reactions: 2
So I just had a nose on Companies House (was looking Kat Farmer's accounts!) and I looked at The Frugality's. I'm no expert at reading accounts so I could be reading them incorrectly but they really don't look to make that much money. And they're not directors of any other company so it looks to be their only one. Quite surprising.
Small companies don’t need to submit a profit & loss so it’s hard to tell. Accountancy whizzes have guesstimated based upon creditors due out (as that’ll likely be HMRC) but in their instance they’re both employed by the company and as directors/secretaries can take the minimum wage then top up with dividends that have a much lower (sub 20%) tax rate on them. They don’t need a huge income as their housing costs and other luxuries are covered by parents, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still eligible for child benefit. Corp tax is on profit so will be low because of multiple salaries, office space, and expensed tat.

@Dizzy I'm guessing their accounts only show the balance sheet i.e. physical/cash assets rather than profit & loss (which would show revenue, wages, dividends etc)

Reactions: 3
More power to her if she can eat this way and not feel any effects. But my god she must be bloated and with slow slow digestion. Who can eat this much carb in one week - potato, rice, rice, pasta, potato, potato, rice, rice, pasta, bread and bread!! I’m amazed!

45F649D5-12DB-4321-8BCB-BF19CF34CA69.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.