The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We know Alex is a spender.

Her disposable income used to go on clothes, shoes and bags. When I first started following her she had a very minimalist, clean decorating style but constant new clothes purchases.

Since the backlash against fast fashion, and also probably three pregnancies, Alex has pulled back on spending money on clothes and has transferred to spending to homewares. So instead of a bulging wardrobe, she now has a house groaning under the weight of stuff.

I kind of feel sorry for Alex, because I like the thrill of shopping too, but I’m trying so hard to be a more conscious clothes shopper. Styling clothes is her number one strength and clothing retains its value for selling on far more than homewares.

Get back on the high street, Alex! Your followers and home will thank you. Just make it crystal clear everything goes to a new hone rather than landfill.

Reactions: 8
I’m sorry those plates are awful…I’m sure my granny had something similar
Difference is, our grannies typically bought good quality, maybe passed those well loved, well used and hard-saved-for heirloom pieces down to relatives (whether we actually wanted them or not) - a few quid for absolutely useless unplanned-for disposable faddy nonsense, this crap, innit.

Anyone catch the v odd story claiming 2 randos approached her in the street to thank her “for what she does”?! Shop?!
Maybe it was the CEOs of tiger and ikea thanking her for all the free unpaid undeclared ads

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I don’t mind the plates but the tiny ones would only be good to store jewellery or something (as she said) so I can’t see they would even get used

Reactions: 1
Seriously, if you want to collect plates and bowls, invest in pottery. She is going to be so sick of those plates in 2 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Did a double take today as the little antique shop had some very similar plates to the tiger tat. Knew I’d seen it before, Carlton Ware. And not really that pricey. Would be nicer to see her with some of that than this mass produced shite that’ll no doubt end up in landfill

Reactions: 9
God, she was in the Times Weekend section today dispensing her pearls of wisdom - ie how to buy vast amounts of middle class tat more cheaply.

Reactions: 6
Did a double take today as the little antique shop had some very similar plates to the tiger tat. Knew I’d seen it before, Carlton Ware. And not really that pricey. Would be nicer to see her with some of that than this mass produced shite that’ll no doubt end up in landfill
Exactly this… there are so many gorgeous existing lovely ceramics. Why does she never go to car boots or antiques shops or talk about reselling sites if she’s so into frugal life and the environment? All she talks about is IKEA (my personal worst shop ever), John Lewis, Tiger etc 😴

Reactions: 10
OMG, her gums are flaming red in the photo where she's wearing dungarees and frilly collar. Even her teeth look like they've shifted.

Does Alex have any way to describe things she likes except “chic”?

Up this week: how to make supermarket flowers look chic. This is presumably to go with the matches, B&Q shelves and nail polish remover.
Omg I didn't see her post this and thought your comment was satire haaaa

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
OMG, her gums are flaming red in the photo where she's wearing dungarees and frilly collar. Even her teeth look like they've shifted.
Her teeth are so bad 😬 she has the money, get them fixed. Or at least whitened. They look yellow & rotten!

When even partly paying for something is so unusual it warrants an exclamation mark.
Lmaooo

Does she not have contents insurance? Don’t most of them include ~£2k for thefts outside the home too? 😳 you’d get stand-alone phone insurance for a tenner a month tops too, why are they living like this

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Because in Alex land, tat comes before everything else
Phone insurance
Fixing the front path and garden
Fixing holes in the house
Designing a functional kitchen
Designing a functional dining room
Proper storage
Etc etc.

Reactions: 9
I don’t understand why all the middle class hun gushing over the Tiger plates. Is literally a slightly better version of Poundland. Slightly

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.