The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d say happy to help but…. so now they’re ‘old’ rather than old, she’s paying lip service over the semantics but still not really getting it. They are just your clothes ffs. But hey it’s all an opportunity for ✨engagement✨ (sorry, conversation).

And that coat is a prime example of trend chasing if I ever saw one.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Instead of ‘old’ you could use ‘three years old’ or ‘three seasons old’ both of which denote ‘not brand new but not rags’ or even, say, ‘summer 2019’.

HTH.

Reactions: 8
she’s paying lip service over the semantics but still not really getting it.
Yep! There’s defs some cognitive dissonance over what influencing is? Like maybe replace the word old for not in stock as realistically that’s what most of her audience will be after - clickable links to go shop. There are a few accounts in ~environmental Twitter~ that do shopping your wardrobe/styling content that she could, but those people don’t work as influencers/on Instagram so can do it. When you’re paid by brands/aff link cash you just have to lean into the fact you will always be pushing your audience to buy, and buy new. That’s your job spec?!

Reactions: 5
I’d say happy to help but…. so now they’re ‘old’ rather than old, she’s paying lip service over the semantics but still not really getting it. They are just your clothes ffs. But hey it’s all an opportunity for ✨engagement✨ (sorry, conversation).

And that coat is a prime example of trend chasing if I ever saw one.
Ick, the bent empty looking handbag with leopard print shoes…

Reactions: 7
Personally what I think would be an elegant solution is just to say the season eg cashmere jumper Joseph AW19/20. Then you don’t have to keep recalculating the age and the influencer should be tracking their wardrobe anyway so you’re just copy+ pasting from your tracker when you feature that item.

but yes @heretoreaditall2019 you are spot on it’s about the cognitive dissonance over their purpose. Here to help you make the most of your wardrobe? Here to provide inspiration on a budget? Here to help you navigate the trends?
Or…. here to provide me with a lucrative income for relatively easy effort (compared to many/most jobs). Of course these things co-exist but influencers like to make out their existence is some sort of benevolent service to the masses. Such hard work and long hours, much multi-tasking… while I drop some stuff off at the post office before going to a free exhibition on a weekday 🤪

Reactions: 13
Ick, the bent empty looking handbag with leopard print shoes…
Certainly not a ‘chic’ look that bag, it looks ridiculous, she needs to put something into it so it doesn’t have that squashed look - she’s not using her styling skills here.

Reactions: 6
Of course these things co-exist but influencers like to make out their existence is some sort of benevolent service to the masses.
Agreed and they’re online people so have to acknowledge that consumers are being more environmentally/socially conscious about volume and quality of consumption, and also inflation being so high/utilities rises people either can’t or don’t want to spend as much money. Which is fine if you’re a normal gal on Insta but if your end goal is to get your audience to convert you’re a) fucked and b) very dishonest if you participate in those convos as if getting people to spend money isn’t in your personal best interest. This obviously doesn’t only apply to AS!

Also opening convo on Instagram is so disingenuous lol and why were all here. If any of us wrote these v normal/reasonable comments on there we’d be ripped to shreeeeds, all she’s gonna get is bumlicking comments from her peers or aspiring influencers wanting visibility/follows.

Ill child = no work? How would she manage if either of them had, you know, an actual job??

Certainly not a ‘chic’ look that bag, it looks ridiculous, she needs to put something into it so it doesn’t have that squashed look - she’s not using her styling skills here.
Such a rookie error not to fill the bag - how could she not have noticed!

I’m glad she’s addressed the ‘old’ comments but agree that just saying where the items from and the approximate year is the best approach.

Reactions: 2
it’s an affiliate code with your initials suggesting you’ll be paid per redemption, so why no #ad…? It’s an advert?

027A1D92-3EE7-4663-98EB-05540D5568E6.jpeg

• Wow
Yes that disclosure is clearly *inadequate*. Mind you the trousers look bobbly as hell so not sure such a good AD. I think I’ll pass.

• Haha
I see her Mum is counting out matches again. For free I presume. Otherwise I can’t see how this little pet project has been in any way financially viable.

I think I will be Alex level bitter if I was AD gifted anything from tiger. The postage probably cost more than the item

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.