The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had not followed Alexandra for ages and ages but her reel styling her hair came up in my explore page and omg those glasses. Why?!??
I never really notice what she’s doing but, my god , why, of all people, would anyone want to see her hair routine… her hair colour, style, length, texture and the actual styling are all the worst. The dye job is so badly done and has no warmth to it, her hair seems to be permanently either greasy or so dry it looks crispy then she does that weird wave thing where it’s such an unnatural wave and the hair has no body, shine or movement. I watched the video with my mouth open thinking how, on gods earth, did she get the impression that anyone would want to see her hair styling tutorial. 🤯🤯🤯🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m starting to get major sunbeamsjess vibes from her: always tired, always talking about being super busy with little to show for it, stay at home partners who ‘help’ in the influencing, privileged backgrounds…

Reactions: 12
😂 wtf does she do that means she's working until midnight every night 😂 Although they seem to class everything as 'work' (cooking dinner, going for a stroll, shopping trip, mini breaks etc) her and Chris just fanny about all day and yeah are both their kids at nursery full time? So far removed from reality it's almost like a kind of parody account now!
The mini break thing is a big valid as hell point here. The build up to that trip to Liverpool was v “we are going away for work” - but the work was… just about going away. I thought maybe she was doing something specific there, and also taking the opportunity to film their trip or whatever it is she thinks people find interesting about their ‘travels’ - but no. That was it. That was the whole trip. The trip was the “work”. It’s absolutely baffling that this A: is classed as work and B: is considered by her as hard or tiring work.

Reactions: 20
Feel like I'm on an anti-Alex rant a bit here (but she's just so irritating!) ... just seen a reel of her showing her home "welcome to our home..." etc etc. Only halfway through she mentions right move and I realised it's an ad. It says ad in the description under but I only saw the reel on my feed and no mention of ad. Isn't it supposed to be really clearly declared at the start? As I watched what seems like a house tour and no ad mentioned at all until part way through. She really does play fast and loose with the ASA rules doesn't she (maybe spend more time checking those out rather than watching tit satc...!)

Just sen on her stories and it is marked as an ad but nothing of the sort when it just appeared as a reel in my instant feed (as opposed to watching her stories)

Feel like I'm on an anti-Alex rant a bit here (but she's just so irritating!) ... just seen a reel of her showing her home "welcome to our home..." etc etc. Only halfway thro

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Going away for the weekend = work
Setting up a shoot (aka laying the table) = work
Making a soup = work
Walking down the street = work
Hanging a picture on the wall = work
Painting the fence = work
Tiling the garden = work
Getting dressed = work
Searching the internet for pictures of people in glasses = work

What a life!

The only thing that looks remotely like work is the match making and jotter pad business and that’s because in typical Frugality style they make it massively over complicated with fiddly wrapping and stickers and no doubt hand write all the address labels. I like to watch them though just to feel like bleeping superwoman holding down a full time job and still achieving stuff like walking down the street and surfing the internet in my spare time (go me).

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She looks like a completely different person here. Peggy is only a few years old isn’t she? She’s aged 15 years!
I thought that same! I was going to post the same photo, but thought I might get my head ripped off for being so brutal! Her face has changed so much. 😳

Not moderating the thread but just wanted to share an alternative perspective - she’s had multiple pregnancies which can create so many health issues/complications, two children to parent, survived a global pandemic like the rest of us, and like all of us… just aged? Like obviously she looks different but 🤷🏻‍♀️ most of us do/will with age and medical stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think she often looks stunning and has great style. Like many influencers her world has shrunk during the pandemic and their work now revolves around their home. It looks suffocating and tedious. They were all a lot more interesting when their home was just a home rather than a set for shoots. I can think of dozens of influencers that have gone down this route, probably because the money is so good. But is it a good long term strategy?

Just popping on here to say I think these greedy people bought up all the limited Anya hindmarch bags I’d recognise those wardrobes anywhere…
728E71CD-DC60-4EFE-9DAB-DF6104C0AB5D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Not moderating the thread but just wanted to share an alternative perspective - she’s had multiple pregnancies which can create so many health issues/complications, two children to parent, survived a global pandemic like the rest of us, and like all of us… just aged? Like obviously she looks different but 🤷🏻‍♀️ most of us do/will with age and medical stuff.
I would honestly find it a lot easier to have sympathy for her were she not such a dishonest person- she is the very reason why people going through all the stuff you referenced end up feeling their worst, because they go through all that and then have someone like Alex shoving all sorts of undeclared ads for constant consumption down their throats, all the while proudly declaring how busy they are, how much they are managing to do etc.

I think most of us are aware of the impact of multiple pregnancies, grief, small children, a pandemic etc and how that can affect what your body looks like. But Alex really is one of the last people I can apply sympathy to right now- for all the reasons mentioned above on top of her constantly pretending she’s poor and living on the breadline.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Just popping on here to say I think these greedy people bought up all the limited Anya hindmarch bags I’d recognise those wardrobes anywhere…
View attachment 1024987
Surely that has to be someone who has pinched the picture off her feed (Alex will be spewing at the lack of royalties) so I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt. Whoever it is has 6 for sale and sold one for £36!

Reactions: 5
I look like crap post two kids and pandemic. My face looks carby like Alex’s and I’ve aged 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I would honestly find it a lot easier to have sympathy for her were she not such a dishonest person- she is the very reason why people going through all the stuff you referenced end up feeling their worst, because they go through all that and then have someone like Alex shoving all sorts of undeclared ads for constant consumption down their throats, all the while proudly declaring how busy they are, how much they are managing to do etc.

I think most of us are aware of the impact of multiple pregnancies, grief, small children, a pandemic etc and how that can affect what your body looks like. But Alex really is one of the last people I can apply sympathy to right now- for all the reasons mentioned above on top of her constantly pretending she’s poor and living on the breadline.
Oh I agree completely re dishonesty, massively so. I’m the first person to tit on the absolute bare faced cheek of engaging with personal finance Insta whilst not disclosing her 30% LTV mortgage #kindlygifted from mum and dad. Just think it’s an important convo for women to have in general, none of us will be or look 23 forever. And admittedly most of us won’t have it commented upon as we haven’t made aesthetics / consumption our career, but idk I just want to wave my tiny self righteous flag for those of us who’ve aged like yoghurt this pandemic 😂❤ x

Reactions: 11
Oh I agree completely re dishonesty, massively so. I’m the first person to tit on the absolute bare faced cheek of engaging with personal finance Insta whilst not disclosing her 30% LTV mortgage #kindlygifted from mum and dad. Just think it’s an important convo for women to have in general, none of us will be or look 23 forever. And admittedly most of us won’t have it commented upon as we haven’t made aesthetics / consumption our career, but idk I just want to wave my tiny self righteous flag for those of us who’ve aged like yoghurt this pandemic 😂❤ x
I’m absolutely one of those people too- and I wholly agree that the tide should be turning on the attitudes we hold for women and how they are ‘supposed’ to look.

I’m just not going to use up any of my sympathy for those who contribute to this problem and who make incredibly large sums of money out of other people feeling inadequate.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m just not going to use up any of my sympathy for those who contribute to this problem and who make incredibly large sums of money out of other people feeling inadequate.
Fair point tbh. Have recently felt uncomfortable with the rapid switch up between various best products ever for skin recently - idk how anyone can feel such recommendations are in any way authentic? :/

Surely that has to be someone who has pinched the picture off her feed (Alex will be spewing at the lack of royalties) so I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt. Whoever it is has 6 for sale and sold one for £36!
I checked and that person lives in Hove. Could be Dress Like a Mum.

• Haha
  • Wow
She’s not put that much weight on post babies, but her face has changed SO much?!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.