The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i don’t post in this thread but follow Alex on insta and anytime she posts a money saving tip/reel it makes me want to throw up a little bit. The way she tries to live like someone on a low income just makes me so uncomfortable.

She has a lot of money and is born into wealth but makes herself out to be poorer when in reality she can afford whatever she wants, she just has a classic old money attitude of the way you stay rich is by not spending, which is all well and good and probably should be adopted by more but the way she makes out like she can’t even afford it is ridiculous.I imagine she’s one of those people who shouts about supporting small and local and yet when she goes out she’ll order tap water and the cheapest thing on the menu.

the meal plan reel was a perfect example of this. I’m a single person, I heavily meal plan to avoid waste and with inflation through the roof atm my shop is coming to £25ish, there’s no way she’s feeding 4 on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My first thoughts are that Alex does not eat like that. She’s constantly posting pot noodles and dubious sandwiches made with white plastic bread. It’s her cosplaying at a reasonably healthy plant based diet.

Also her children won’t be eating that and she must do a separate menu for them. Toddlers generally aren’t that keen to tuck into Thai green curry.

It’s a bit carb heavy (nothing wrong with that) but it’s all white carbs, not whole grains or legumes.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know what school Alex (and Chris) went to? Assume it was a fee paying one.

Just wondering what she'll do with P as if they go private (funded by grandparents no doubt) it will once again blow the whole frugality concept apart.

Or they'll never mention schools - much like the secret second story extension.

Just crossed my mind as the deadline is this week for our LA schools!

• Heart
That new post is laughable, she doesn’t follow trends yet she’s wearing exactly the same outfits…THAT coat, the boots, beanie hat that every other instagrammer like her are wearing!! She is a walking ‘trend’ - and that’s fine but don’t try to make out otherwise 😳

Reactions: 9
That new post is laughable, she doesn’t follow trends yet she’s wearing exactly the same outfits…THAT coat, the boots, beanie hat that every other instagrammer like her are wearing!! She is a walking ‘trend’ - and that’s fine but don’t try to make out otherwise 😳
Exactly my thoughts! Also she is making like it’s all old stuff when she only bought it few months ago, still relatively new to me!
The rest is gifted but she says she works with them.
Mmmmm is she alright??!

Reactions: 6
Waiting for us to enlighten us about her ‘work’ trip. I imagine this is going to a different city to buy some cheap tat, then go home again?

It'll be to review a new hotel and do a city guide. Obviously the stay will be #PR/gifted and she'll do a write up of all the places nearby but won't actually visit any of them herself because she's too tight to put her hand in her pocket and pay to eat/visit anywhere that isn't a freebie. They'll have fish and chips in their room, Chris will take pictures of her in a few "all old" outfits and then she'll film them as they walk back to the train station.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Does anyone know what school Alex (and Chris) went to? Assume it was a fee paying one.

Just wondering what she'll do with P as if they go private (funded by grandparents no doubt) it will once again blow the whole frugality concept apart.

Or they'll never mention schools - much like the secret second story extension.

Just crossed my mind as the deadline is this week for our LA schools!
Ooh yes that'll be interesting. Alex definitely went to a fee paying secondary..with the famously cancelled mother of daughters!

Reactions: 3
It’s all for show to promote this stupid planner. I’m sure most of us (like I do) buy fresh veg and meat (if you eat it) each week and then meal plan around that with cupboard additions. I don’t even meal plan, I just look in the fridge in the morning and decide. She should spend more time educating herself on a more balanced diet and learning to cook properly rather than planning a risotto followed by pasta followed by a sandwich. Her bloat must be awful!
Her bloat goes to her face…. Mine is my lower stomach 🤭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ooh yes that'll be interesting. Alex definitely went to a fee paying secondary..with the famously cancelled mother of daughters!
She was "touring" schools a few weeks back wasn't she? She made a comment about how difficult a decision it was.

Interesting! Were they insta mates? (Back when Mother of Daughters was in her insta prime?)

Reactions: 1
It'll be to review a new hotel and do a city guide. Obviously the stay will be #PR/gifted and she'll do a write up of all the places nearby but won't actually visit any of them herself because she's too tight to put her hand in her pocket and pay to eat/visit anywhere that isn't a freebie. They'll have fish and chips in their room, Chris will take pictures of her in a few "all old" outfits and then she'll film them as they walk back to the train station.
You nailed it - her friend conveniently gave her a list of ‘cool places’ that I’m sure will conveniently feature in a blog post.

Also, that menu planning process is exhausting, and way too much faff. If you want to do a stocktake, make it on an spreadsheet and just check it off as you go - loads of proper budgeting sites or groups would have templates.

Reactions: 6
You nailed it - her friend conveniently gave her a list of ‘cool places’ that I’m sure will conveniently feature in a blog post.

Also, that menu planning process is exhausting, and way too much faff. If you want to do a stocktake, make it on an spreadsheet and just check it off as you go - loads of proper budgeting sites or groups would have templates.
I’m just shocked she actually went to one of them and spent money, rather than the usual post about all these great places but then they eat crisps in bed for dinner

Reactions: 4
This cracked me up with the “all old” as i noticed that and it really grates me. Well done you for wearing older clothes. It’s like she has to make a point she hasn’t spent. If her kids do go to private school it will be well hidden. Doesn’t go with the frugal brand does it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.