The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's the deal with the giveaways? Have they bought all the items or have they been given to them by the brands?

And didn’t I see something about earlier this week being the last date to order matches? Guess she just sit back now and watch the cash roll in from affiliate links in gift guides 🤷🏻‍♀️ If so she is unbelievably far removed from the real world.

Reactions: 2
Frugal my ass, she shops everyday. Buy cheap buy more, just because something is £2 doesn’t mean it needs buying

Reactions: 12
Both the £2 and £40 flower will be handmade though - the £2 flower will just be made by a woman in a developing country getting paid pennies per unit versus a regional sales manager’s wife making them for £40 a pop.

Why is she so willfully ignorant at the human (and environmental!) cost of her hyper consumption, especially of cheap tit?

Reactions: 20
Both the £2 and £40 flower will be handmade though - the £2 flower will just be made by a woman in a developing country getting paid pennies per unit versus a regional sales manager’s wife making them for £40 a pop.

Why is she so willfully ignorant at the human (and environmental!) cost of her hyper consumption, especially of cheap tit?
I think she believes compared to her peers she isn’t spending that much. They are able to buy luxury goods on the regular so a little bit here and there in tiger tiger doesn’t seem a problem but it all adds up and is still a laugh in the face at a supposed frugal lifestyle she preaches about.

Reactions: 2
I think she believes compared to her peers she isn’t spending that much. They are able to buy luxury goods on the regular so a little bit here and there in tiger tiger doesn’t seem a problem but it all adds up and is still a laugh in the face at a supposed frugal lifestyle she preaches about.
But whilst her peers are pushing gentrified sustainability down our throats with £300 ~produced with sustainability in mind~ buffet dresses and matchy matchy refill glassware surely she’s clocked the environmental/human impact of buying cheap crap sourced from low worker welfare / poorly regulated factories in the developing world? :/ She works with eBay so clearly she’s somewhat aware?!

Reactions: 3
But whilst her peers are pushing gentrified sustainability down our throats with £300 ~produced with sustainability in mind~ buffet dresses and matchy matchy refill glassware surely she’s clocked the environmental/human impact of buying cheap crap sourced from low worker welfare / poorly regulated factories in the developing world? :/ She works with eBay so clearly she’s somewhat aware?!
Absolutely! I believe she is aware but until these ‘influencers’ are called out on it and there is a massive shift in consciousness she won’t change. I’m sure in the past some on here have challenged her over it but its been met with some passive aggressive statement.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i dunno - maybe her NeedItAll lust blinds her to it. She seems obsessed with places like Gap and H&M who have the most well documented and most atrociously poor human rights records and working conditions. The odd eBay charity sale and secondhand bit of designer kids wear does take the edge off a bit but it surely can’t keep up with the sheer volume of non stop shopping she’s constantly bringing in

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The concept of buy once buy well is completely lost on her. She has apparently been to Tkmaxx twice this week for crap, including a random packet of forks.

She seems to think she’s a minimalist but her consumption habits are anything but.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Counting out matches individually? Surely just count then weigh how much you want tjwn stick with that measurement? Am I missing something lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think she’s autistic, no offence caused i just get that vibe ! Shes finished work for Christmas now , funny how all other working mums will work until Christmas

Reactions: 3
She doesn’t appear the least bit Autistic. I think three pregnancies, baby loss, small children and a big renovation have knocked her sideways.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
And tbf any of us who are self employed or PAYE with enough annual leave allowance could be off for Christmas from now, at least PAYE benefit from the extra bank holidays meaning we don’t have to use as much 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
And tbf any of us who are self employed or PAYE with enough annual leave allowance could be off for Christmas from now, at least PAYE benefit from the extra bank holidays meaning we don’t have to use as much 🤷🏻‍♀️
Assuming your employer allows it that is. I’ve never worked for an employer who accepted everyone’s Christmas A/L requests, they’d have no staff! I’m ex-NHS clinical staff and so you get what you’re given in terms of off-duty (rota) but prior to professional training, I worked a ‘normal’ 9-5 and Xmas A/L was either a 1st come, 1st served or a lottery.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Assuming your employer allows it that is. I’ve never worked for an employer who accepted everyone’s Christmas A/L requests, they’d have no staff! I’m ex-NHS clinical staff and so you get what you’re given in terms of off-duty (rota) but prior to professional training, I worked a ‘normal’ 9-5 and Xmas A/L was either a 1st come, 1st served or a lottery.
Sorry I genuinely didn’t think of NHS staff with that comment! x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.