The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whinging about having to look after her sick kids when she doesn’t have an ACTUAL JOB. Neither does her husband for FFS people in the real world have to take days off from busy jobs to do that and it can be really difficult. But no, probably not as difficult as it was for Alex to stay at home and not go to museum exhibition. Go on a weekend like normal people do, going to exhibitions is NOT A JOB.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Whinging about having to look after her sick kids when she doesn’t have an ACTUAL JOB. Neither does her husband for FFS people in the real world have to take days off from busy jobs to do that and it can be really difficult. But no, probably not as difficult as it was for Alex to stay at home and not go to museum exhibition. Go on a weekend like normal people do, going to exhibitions is NOT A JOB.
But doncha know, going to the museum is proper nose to the grindstone stuff for our industrious influencer. The same as going on a city break, watching TV, posting pictures of people wearing glasses and eating beige food. Such a grifter grafter.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m guessing the eye test is probably an ad and she doesn’t actually need one, just more free glasses that look identical to all the others

Reactions: 5
In her last story, she posted an old article about abandoning the dream work-life balance, and commented that it felt apt today.

Is she serious? She can't honestly believe that, and she's entirely deluded if she does. All she's missed is going to Dunelm and a museum exhibition. Hardly rushed off her feet, is she? There's no work to bloody balance, beyond counting out matches (sorry, getting other people to do it for her).

Reactions: 18
The work/life balance discussion (from whoever, not necessarily Alex) always irritates me and feels dated and tired.

It’s a conversation that is only really had by middle class women. Everyone else just has to get on with it - work, kids, family, house etc.
There’s no opportunity for balancing to be done - or rather, no choice to consider any kind of ‘balance’. You just have to get on with it all!

To even have the time/opportunity to consider and pontificate about it is a privilege.

Maybe it’s all part of trying to seem ‘relatable’? Misses the mark for me though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
this is the sort of task a cartoon character would have to undertake as part of forced prison labour but surely if you bunched the matches up and measured theircircumference or laid them out and measured the width that would be faster than manual counting?

You can get scales to 2 decimal places for about £100 you’d recoup that in labour costs within hours…?

Reactions: 8
this is the sort of task a cartoon character would have to undertake as part of forced prison labour but surely if you bunched the matches up and measured theircircumference or laid them out and measured the width that would be faster than manual counting?

You can get scales to 2 decimal places for about £100 you’d recoup that in labour costs within hours…?
She could get a cheap pair of ‘drug dealers’ scales from amazon for £7 (I know this as we have them for pizza making…honest😂) which would do her fine rather than counting out bloody matches in attempt to seem busy and important. They could have a set each

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
She could get a cheap pair of ‘drug dealers’ scales from amazon for £7 (I know this as we have them for pizza making…honest😂) which would do her fine rather than counting out bloody matches in attempt to seem busy and important. They could have a set each
She's really not that intelligent to think that way though! It's so freaking obvious but you know Alex, gotta seem so busy to continue the woe is me!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is she having a laugh, I read every magazine going during my teens and 20’s and have GLASSES (I know I’m unique as no one wears glasses 🙄🙄🙄) and have never ever heard or read this 😂😂 she’s paranoid!!
Also, how ill are her kids that she can’t even manage to make tea!! 🙄🙄

Also, I have literally never ever been asked if I’ve considered contacts other than by Specsavers to get money from me 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I really wish she wouldn’t double down and persist with posting so many glasses stories on Fridays.

Alex- since you seem to like to come here for guidance on your ad disclosures/ how you should label your ‘old’ clothes more helpfully, how about you limit your Friday glasses onslaught to your top 10 of the week or something? I’d have thought that would get far more engagement then the ridiculous number of stories you otherwise post on the topic each week.

• Haha
I really wish she wouldn’t double down and persist with posting so many glasses stories on Fridays.
Totally agree. It means I don't look at any of her stories content over the weekend as I just can't be dealing with clicking past 10 million pictures of glasses to get to something else.

Totally agree. It means I don't look at any of her stories content over the weekend as I just can't be dealing with clicking past 10 million pictures of glasses to get to something else.
I muted all her stories because of the Friday stupid.

I’ve worn glasses since I was four. I don’t need to be told I can wear glasses AND lipstick.

🙄

Of everything that’s going on in the world, the inequalities people face, the platform she has etc and she chooses to use it to highlight how incredibly oppressed people who wear glasses are 🥴🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Dammit I keep accidentally flicking through her idiotic glasses stories! Determined not to give her engagement for them

Reactions: 3
But it’s all been a cleverly disguised long con for glasses spon money. She posted for weeks with those ridiculous pictures and then boom spec savers and now this. She thinks we are idiots.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.