The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed re frugality. There is a lovely DIY IGer, Kezzabeth, I think her name is who is genuinely renovating on a shoestring. She and partner have FT min wage jobs and have recently had a baby. They do loads of innovative stuff themselves and interesting (if you like DIY/reno) content. It’s amazing what they’ve done on barely any £££ to their 2 up, 2 down terrace in the E mids. Not flashy or aspirational but proper graft. They’ve had a few bits of sponcon but nothing like the big accounts. “The Frugality” looks like an embarrassing, gaslighting joke next to accounts like these by people who are genuinely making every penny stretch.

Reactions: 9
Agreed re frugality. There is a lovely DIY IGer, Kezzabeth, I think her name is who is genuinely renovating on a shoestring. She and partner have FT min wage jobs and have recently had a baby. They do loads of innovative stuff themselves and interesting (if you like DIY/reno) content. It’s amazing what they’ve done on barely any £££ to their 2 up, 2 down terrace in the E mids. Not flashy or aspirational but proper graft. They’ve had a few bits of sponcon but nothing like the big accounts. “The Frugality” looks like an embarrassing, gaslighting joke next to accounts like these by people who are genuinely making every penny stretch.
Love kezzabeth

Reactions: 3
She needs to stop talking cue from Lily Pebbels. Why are all these middle class influencers are discovering Asian instant noodle now?

How can she raise two kids with a home being so messy at the time? How?

Also why don’t they finish a project before they start another?

Reactions: 4
Why are their rooms just so rammed with junk? They need proper furniture, everything they own looks flimsy.
Also she has to stop moaning about being busy. The whole world is busy. They sit around watching tele writing a newsletter and taking photos. Gah!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The house is so dark and gloomy. No wonder they have no get up and go!

I don't think I can take much more of her. The unpacked suitcases in that pigsty sitting room! She doesn't know if it's the day to put the bins out! The kids are sick but at least the bathroom is painted. What are these work deadlines? Why does she have to take a picture of herself eating junk food? 🤮

She had her kitchen organised, maybe someone can take pity on them and clean the rest of the mess.

Reactions: 10
I think they’re trapped in their own mess literally and it’s taking a toll on her mental wellbeing.

Reactions: 5
SO MANY QUESTIONS. Let me but name a few:

- What deadlines could she have other than taking pictures for brand partnerships? Everything else she does is self directed and thus the deadlines
self imposed? OR IS SHE SECRETLY WORKING AS A HIGH LEVEL POLITICAL OPERATIVE AND TRYING TO THROW US OFF THE SCENT WITH THE MATCHSTICKS
- Why does she think posh pot noodles is a remarkable thing? Surely most of us are not cooking gourmet lunches during the working day? OR PERHAPS HER PEERS ALL HAVE CHEFS AND HOUSEKEEPERS TO SHES GOT THE LUNCHTIME FOMO?
- Who is paying for nursery? They’re looking at a bill of at least £2K a month at a very conservative estimate. AINT NO MATCHES THAT CAN PAY FOR THAT OR DO I NOT UNDERSTAND THE MATCH MARKET?
- Why would you paint your bathroom when you have deadlines? Or are the deadlines manufactured to make her feel more relatable? WHY IS SHE PAINTING THE BATHROOM WHEN THE TILES THE TILES SWEET MARY THE TILES?
- I don’t even know what to ask about the living room because I can’t even find the words but what please someone tell me WHAT can they be up to with this rotating nightmare?
- Why am I pondering these questions when I have two packed lunches to make and a brief to write and a toilet to clean AND MY GLASSES TO POLISH?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
SO MANY QUESTIONS. Let me but name a few:

- What deadlines could she have other than taking pictures for brand partnerships? Everything else she does is self directed and thus the deadlines
self imposed? OR IS SHE SECRETLY WORKING AS A HIGH LEVEL POLITICAL OPERATIVE AND TRYING TO THROW US OFF THE SCENT WITH THE MATCHSTICKS
- Why does she think posh pot noodles is a remarkable thing? Surely most of us are not cooking gourmet lunches during the working day? OR PERHAPS HER PEERS ALL HAVE CHEFS AND HOUSEKEEPERS TO SHES GOT THE LUNCHTIME FOMO?
- Who is paying for nursery? They’re looking at a bill of at least £2K a month at a very conservative estimate. AINT NO MATCHES THAT CAN PAY FOR THAT OR DO I NOT UNDERSTAND THE MATCH MARKET?
- Why would you paint your bathroom when you have deadlines? Or are the deadlines manufactured to make her feel more relatable? WHY IS SHE PAINTING THE BATHROOM WHEN THE TILES THE TILES SWEET MARY THE TILES?
- I don’t even know what to ask about the living room because I can’t even find the words but what please someone tell me WHAT can they be up to with this rotating nightmare?
- Why am I pondering these questions when I have two packed lunches to make and a brief to write and a toilet to clean AND MY GLASSES TO POLISH?
Omg I love you, can you do a post like this on every thread pls? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m guessing bathroom being painted so they can ‘shoot’ it for content in the next newsletter using left-over paint of course.

Living Room a tip because they have too much ‘stuff’ and have renovated a house with no thought at all for storage or room lay-out,- they could have put in under stairs-storage, planned their kitchen better, instead of a toilet room opening into they kitchen, they could have out in a utility room, etc. They have three bedrooms and an en-suite upstairs, they appear to use the third bedroom as another living room. Their office is a dark poky room. The kitchen/diner is so badly laid out, full of bitty furniture with yet another sofa and no room for a kitchen table.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m guessing bathroom being painted so they can ‘shoot’ it for content in the next newsletter using left-over paint of course.

Living Room a tip because they have too much ‘stuff’ and have renovated a house with no thought at all for storage or room lay-out,- they could have put in under stairs-storage, planned their kitchen better, instead of a toilet room opening into they kitchen, they could have out in a utility room, etc. They have three bedrooms and an en-suite upstairs, they appear to use the third bedroom as another living room. Their office is a dark poky room. The kitchen/diner is so badly laid out, full of bitty furniture with yet another sofa and no room for a kitchen table.
No kitchen table, it means they barely get any visitor.

Reactions: 1
I can’t imagine a family of four not having a kitchen / dining table of some kind. Their choices drive me potty. Fold away table. Gah

I can’t imagine a family of four not having a kitchen / dining table of some kind. Their choices drive me potty. Fold away table. Gah
Toddlers eat about 15 times a day, the thought of all those sticky hands on a couch is ick!!!

Crying at "the match market" 😂 though didn't someone on here work out she sold the matches for £15k?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Who called it - painting the bathroom for a ‘job’. She’s going to show all the pictures they’ve put in there (why, they’ll go mouldy!) which I’m sure will be for some dumb ad.

She looks good in the blazer reel. She needs to stick to clothes.

Who called it - painting the bathroom for a ‘job’. She’s going to show all the pictures they’ve put in there (why, they’ll go mouldy!) which I’m sure will be for some dumb ad.

She looks good in the blazer reel. She needs to stick to clothes.
twas meeeee 😂

Reactions: 2
What Alex says: “We’re prepping for a shoot today, we’ve been location scouting and wardrobe is all prepped. My cameraman is booked for the day and the edit suite is ready to go. It’s pretty stressful hitting the one on-air deadline but if anyone can do It, it’s me and my crack team”

what actually happened “Chris filmed me fiddling around with a couple of blazers in the secret spare room of extension shame but it took him 22 takes because he smoked a massive spliff at breakfast then I dropped my potnoodle down the front of the £15.99 H&M blazer. Chris is going to spend the next 7 days editing the 10 second thing because he doesn’t actually know how to edit but I like to make him feel useful. When I did that free course on how to run a successful business down at Wood Green library that time they said I need to make a schedule and stick to it so that’s a bit stressful really because Chris is stoned and I’ve got Pot Noodle and bathroom paint on that Blazer I got gifted in 1984 but I gota get that content up because the schedule told me to so that’s a bit stressful isn’t it. That’s a deadline so I’ll tell them about my deadline and maybe they’ll feel sorry for me and buy me a coffee”.

The End

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
What happened to Friday and the million stories of people wearing glasses? Was she too busy wearing a blazer to upload them?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.