The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also do they think people are idiots or so poor that they could never be in their 'posh' area and recognise it from the videos?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s way more calculated than that. She started posting about bras a few weeks ago so the Ad didn’t feel completely random while she was on holiday. She’s trying to create that frictionless feel between sponsored posts and her personal content but she’s way too clunky to manage it.

I also can’t believe she’s quoting Michaela
Cole’s very poignant speech from the Emmys. She’s literally no idea what it really means. Alex thinks taking a two week break from Insta then posting pictures of her dirty plate on holiday is “disappearing for a while then waiting to see what comes in the silence.”

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The thank you for supporting ads it’s how we can create content for free. She is the only influencer I follow of many who constantly mentions her free content. Also now that she has acknowledged her followers support her ads she can stop asking people who followed an account about ways to save money to buy her a coffee!!!

Reactions: 6
‘Free content’ oh just duck off.

The ‘I give you free content so the paid content supports that’ argument is utterly ridiculous and totally about face. You aren’t providing anything for free, it’s a model whereby your audience supplies you with views and follower counts which you then use to secure lucrative paid contracts (that just happen to provide you with an extremely comfortable lifestyle). This idea that influencers are providing a benevolent service to us is total bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The thank you for supporting ads it’s how we can create content for free. She is the only influencer I follow of many who constantly mentions her free content. Also now that she has acknowledged her followers support her ads she can stop asking people who followed an account about ways to save money to buy her a coffee!!!
👏🏻
Also, what content? Photos of your baby / husband doing shoddy DIY / brown food you’ve eaten at restaurants / your terrible taste in glasses is not content, it’s just lazily documenting your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh this ‘I give you free content, aren’t I a bleeping saint’ bollocks triggers the living tit out of me. It’s your choice to dick about on Instagram all day, YOIR CHOICE.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Does she really think many would pay to read the content that she produces?? The mind boggles. Surely she realises she needs her followers to attract the brands to advertise with her.

Reactions: 4
Oh this ‘I give you free content, aren’t I a bleeping saint’ bollocks triggers the living tit out of me. It’s your choice to dick about on Instagram all day, YOIR CHOICE.
With you. The buy me a coffee things has sent me over the edge! The irony - here’s my tips to save money, now buy me a coffee while I tell you how I got Prime again for free. I choose to not buy you a coffee thank you therefore saving money as you are already paid from ads that I have watched & affiliate links for what you do which at the moment includes babies eating & your husband doing DIY badly. She has balls of steel.

I think somebody said earlier on this thread that her tips on Whistable included restaurants her followers recommended that she didn’t actually go to. Definitely not paying for that, though I have zero doubt she would attempt to justify that by saying oh I used my platform to compile them etc etc.

My core problem with Alex is that it’s all about her - she wants the ads, the cheap veg box in LIDL, the free Prime, but she also wants her followers to cough up for “coffee” instead of saving their money when she is already well compensated for what she does. It comes across as selfish & grabby. My impression whether rightly or wrongly that it’s become easy money, there is a sense of entitlement & complacency. The hidden extension, the latest - the pricey baby bibs while on holiday in her parents apartment probably sharing a beer for the “free” tapas because it wouldn’t occur to her to think about anyone else’s business.

Reactions: 21
She always gives me a vibe of depression mixed with an undercurrent of anger or resentment. I never noticed this until after they'd moved into her current house. Even her description of her holiday was summed up with: she was knackered.

Reactions: 10
She always gives me a vibe of depression mixed with an undercurrent of anger or resentment. I never noticed this until after they'd moved into her current house. Even her description of her holiday was summed up with: she was knackered.
Totally she is so angry all the time, I think she is unhappy that her income and lifestyles is not as luxurious as her peers, but at the same time, her husband can work?

Reactions: 8
The worst kind of people are the ones that say tit like ‘oh I’m so exhausted from my holiday I could do with another one’ like PLEASE duck OFF, ADIOS x

Reactions: 12
She’s a miserable moo. Her recant of her holiday is just so blah. If it’s meant to be self depreciating humour it’s certainly not hitting the mark.
Poor them having a free holiday in sunny Spain.

Reactions: 4
ACA1244B-5031-4064-B325-687448C905BC.png

Her moaning is tedious. Just stay at home next time. She sounded like those tourists that moan about customer service in a foreign countryo_O well done, you are Lily Pebbles #2

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh poor Alex how exhausted she must be to have a lovely holiday in Spain with her family, my heart breaks for her!
Christ! I’d bloody love to have a holiday this year or even next but that’s not happening as we are super skint from my husband being made redundant at the beginning of the year and being unable to find a new job yet. Also she didn’t even have to pay for the accommodation!
Ugh duck off

Reactions: 15
She sounds so ungrateful. A free holiday with her beautiful family and she’s making out it was such a drag.

Where is her common sense? If the children are hungry late afternoon, just give them a snack until dinner. Plenty of choice in a Spanish supermarket - fruit, bread, pieces of cheese / ham. Why does she make stuff so hard when there are so many easy solutions to this stuff?

So frugal too with a babies bib that costs £7.50 for 1!

Reactions: 11
Oh poor Alex how exhausted she must be to have a lovely holiday in Spain with her family, my heart breaks for her!
Christ! I’d bloody love to have a holiday this year or even next but that’s not happening as we are super skint from my husband being made redundant at the beginning of the year and being unable to find a new job yet. Also she didn’t even have to pay for the accommodation!
Ugh duck off
We finally managed to see our family (abroad) after two years and those three weeks was our holiday! Both my parents and my inlaws are elderly, so needless to say all those days were spent cleaning, fixing, repairing, painting the house and running to get appointments to various doctors that they otherwise refuse to see when not pressured by us! My MIL had two strokes last year, she’s not really mobile but refuses to let a “stranger” in her house to help. We were so exhausted both physically and mentally and continue to worry for the wellbeing of our family. So you can imagine how much fun we had on our holiday. I also had two miscarriages last year, lost four babies and would give anything to have a child. And then there’s Alex… 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In addition to what everyone else has said (“woe is me, I’m so tired from my free holiday”) why are they going out for dinner every day anyway? That’s not very *fRuGaL*

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.