The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg she’s really going to die on the hill for this glasses tirade. I truly don’t get it.

howling at go back to tit tiling

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've not really looked at her stories recently, but I've just had a look at the glasses stuff and bloody hell! She's reposted a DM from someone thanking her for raising awareness about glasses wearers FFS - is she going to try and get wearing glasses as a protected characteristic or something!

She's so bloody desperate to find a USP/ angle isn't she? So she set up here initial IG as The Frugality (which we all know wasn't really that frugal) and now she's trying to go on a one-woman-crusade about wearing glasses.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wow, I've just come out of Instagram hiding and had a look. She's really on a one person crusade, isn't she? So bizarre.

She does make a point about how films like She's All That perpetuate this idea that shedding your glasses makes you more beautiful but that fact holds true for other bullshit societal standards like losing weight, wearing make up, dressing better, having your hair styled, etc etc.

I'm not sure what world she's living in that she thinks this is a point worth making. Half the population wears glasses! It's so normalised, I just don't get it. You don't see Oprah kicking up this kind of fuss - she's just doing her thing while she happens to be wearing glasses. Like everybody else!

Reactions: 6
I don't get it. Google tells me around 60% of UK adults wear glasses. It's not a thing that makes you special, it's normal. Nobody cares.

I'm a glasses wearer. In my experience nobody ever notices or cares that you are wearing glasses unless you wear really wacky glasses that don't suit your face. Maybe that's where Alex has gone wrong....

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If you're being frugal don't go and spend £'s on coffee or take one in a insulated mug or flask. duck off with your begging. If you can't afford to buy a coffee out don't buy one. bleep.

Reactions: 7
My god I detest this woman. Billions of people wear glasses, it’s really not a big bleeping deal. I couldn’t even tell you if my friends or colleagues even wear them, that’s how insignificant they are when I look around a room.

This whole thing only started with her because of those ridiculous Dennis Nilsen style she wears that we laughed at.

There are more important things going on, Alex.

I unfollowed her a long time ago but forgot to unwatch this thread so just had to dip in to torture myself. Never again.

She is still my official worst woman on Instagram. An utter bellend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
So she said she had bought some "fake crocs" for her kid, some white ones. Today the kid is wearing crocs but different blue ones. Frugal my arse. Why did they need to buy another pair?

As someone who expects to be paid for her work, should she promoting designer knock-offs?

My kid has always had one pair per summer, why would you need two?

She is so bleeping dull, that smug stupid face in that first story post, in her freebie dress. How is she even on holiday? They have no money apparently! She really needs proper calling all for her bullshit, scammer and blagger who really isn't truthful with her audience at all.

For duck’s sake Alex, I wear glasses because I have extremely dry eyes and can’t have lasik. If it’s an event, sunny day outdoors I wear contacts - doesn’t everyone? I certainly didn’t wear glasses on my wedding day, why would I?

No one, and I repeat no one, looks good in glasses with a top bar. Alex is a beautiful woman but she doesn’t have the face to pull them off - that’s why people comment on them as they’re so bloody unflattering.

Two things:

I think she is pregnant. Don’t come at me, no body shaming here, I just have a feeling.

Also, Ace and Prince = not frugal.

Reactions: 7
Two things:

I think she is pregnant. Don’t come at me, no body shaming here, I just have a feeling.

Also, Ace and Prince = not frugal.
Having three kids is about the least frugal thing you can do.
I don’t think she is though I think she has almost said she’s stopping at 2. Plus she keeps selling her kids clothes.

Reactions: 3
What is up with the glasses thing?!? It’s bizarre. I’m guessing she’s either 1) had a rude DM about hers 2) has read comments here or 3) angling for a deal with specsavers!

I’ve worn glasses for almost half my life - generally can’t be bothered with contacts - and the only time it’s been a hassle is over the last 18 months with masks and them fogging up! I probably won’t wear them when I get married (reflections etc) but that’s my choice!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.