The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Always the beige food. Only a handful of people in this world can pull off a photo of themselves eating, she ain’t one of them. 🤢.

Reactions: 5
Simple politics asked public for donation, I love their IG page, they provide useful information for lazy people like me. Then we have Alex, who shamelessly asked for money because she “creates” contents. duck off

Reactions: 7
Simple politics asked public for donation, I love their IG page, they provide useful information for lazy people like me. Then we have Alex, who shamelessly asked for money because she “creates” contents. duck off
i don’t know the page you mention but I know other pages who asked for a donation and they don’t get ads (or very few by choice) and the content is spot on.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I find reno accounts to be toxic too. I took me a while to understand that most of these people received some kind of help from their family. How do these people afford a 650k house and gut it out and replace it with a massive extension almost immediately.
They also never point out that because they get so much skincare, make up, clothes, interior bits, etc, gifted that is another reason they have money to spend on renovation work and other aspirational middle class shite.

Reactions: 9
They also never point out that because they get so much skincare, make up, clothes, interior bits, etc, gifted that is another reason they have money to spend on renovation work and other aspirational middle class shite.
Yes this is where their gaslighting is at an all time high. All those luxury products that they don’t have to buy themselves. This will run into thousands of pounds. A quick look at Alex’s feed shows she has recently has a new dress, candles and skincare given for free. All the things that you usually have to buy yourself and there not have money left over for other things.
It’s gaslighting at its worse

Reactions: 9
A few years ago Alex did a load of stories where she complained about being sent too much free stuff. It was a lot of admin apparently!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Definitely. Other people use the 'buy me a coffee' thing legitimately to get small donations towards their costs and to keep their platform ad free. I've used it to donate small sums to a podcaster who I very regularly listen to and really appreciate and whose podcasts have absolutely no ads.

Alex wants us to watch her ads, click her affiliate links, buy the gifted items she showcases and STILL buy her a coffee 🙄

Reactions: 11
Dress in today's grid post tagged Whistles and put it was gifted, by ASA rules that's an Ad. She's not as transparent on declaring as she makes out.

• Angry
I think I have to block her eventually, she keeps banging on about glasses. Who cares. I mean tell me which bride would want to wear glasses on their biggest day, unless your eyesight prevents you from wearing one. Most people opt for contacts on their wedding day because THEY HAVE NOTING TO PROVE. Can she join a PTA or something, find herself a more worthy cause
Or she could start working with all those charities that have been trying to get her on as their ambassador after she shared the news of her baby loss.

Reactions: 2
I've unfollowed if she's going to spam her feed with people wearing glasses every single Friday. I don't get what she's trying to prove

Reactions: 8
A few comments on here about how her glasses don’t suit her and she turns it into her raison d’être. Many more comments about her unaddressed privilege and there’s… tumbleweeds.

It’s like she thinks she’s tackling the bullies head on or something by going hard on the glasses thing but it’s going to backfire because 95% of her followers won’t care and it’s drowning out what little else she does.

I just unfollowed. If I wanted to follow and account for niche gasses chat I would have already done so. I used to like her style but now her entire page is a self indulgent display of playing at being poor and tit tiling jobs.

Yeah I’m probably going to as well? I used to wear glasses but then got LASIK and much prefer it. But I also don’t “look down” on anyone who wears them. Such a weird crusade??

How amazing it must be to be so privileged that the only way you can claim you are disadvantaged in the world is the fact you wear glasses. Very expensive, probably gifted, glasses.

Reactions: 14
She’s clearly trying to make a point about the glasses situ 🤣 we get it! I find her so obnoxious. Your followers aren’t stupid, most will wear glasses themselves. The difference is people generally choose glasses to compliment their face shape. We get you like your glasses Alex but they still look tit! Time to move on hun… maybe she can return to the paint fencing/patio content if she’s struggling to fill it.

Reactions: 4
She shared a pic from an account on stories who also have this amazing post. Notice Alex hasn't liked this one 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.