The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am by far a tidy or particularly house proud person but to survive without going insane there’s two mantras I try to live by: find a designated home for everything, and don’t put it down put it away. (Never leave a room empty handed is a bonus, optional mantra for when I’m feeling particularly on top of things).

I kinda admire that she’s willing to show all that mess to be honest. Watching the clip brought up feelings of shame for me so fair play.

Reactions: 10
Fair enough if she doesn’t unpack her suitcase immediately after her trip, but to leave it for two weeks?
I actually think most influencers are only showing the life that they want to show

Did you guys see her kitchen, like wtf. They need to have a habit of putting stuff away, is 0.5 second thing. Also her ironing board is in the living room, they live and eat like students

Reactions: 8
How can they relax with all that tit around them? There is no family living space for them to sit in!! Surrounded by boxes of crap. That must be so detrimental for their mental health.

FFS - Alex and Chris need to stop living like students and pull themselves together. Give their kids a family home to live & play in rather than a junk yard full of safety hazards.

Reactions: 13
How can they relax with all that tit around them? There is no family living space for them to sit in!! Surrounded by boxes of crap. That must be so detrimental for their mental health.
Didn’t you hear they live in a minimalist home?

I think this is exactly what that poster implied with the question of visual fatigue.

Reactions: 10
Agree with all the comments. Wonder if their job (lol) makes it impossible for them to maintain a normal household? Influencing by nature pushes constant consumption of the new which is unsustainable in sooo many different ways, and evidently not sustainable for their family home?

Reactions: 8
Influencing by nature pushes constant consumption of the new which is unsustainable in sooo many different ways, and evidently not sustainable for their family home?
I thought that. I’ve recently been on an online shopping jag and it generates so much crap. Cardboard, plastic and a million pointless postcards to dispose of, then returns to store and deal with.

Every room of their house looks like it is subjected to constant online deliveries.

Reactions: 5
The way they approach/think about things seems so blinkered to me.

for example recently Alex posted a series of stories about selling bits & bobs on eBay for £1-2 when other people couldn’t be bothered and would have just chucked or donated. It was explained with pride and tied into the frugality mentality. But imo with things you accumulate it’s not just about money angle but the space and time those items ‘cost’ you to acquire, store and then get rid of.

There is the environmental angle too and I do applaud her for sending those items directly to where they are wanted rather than creating landfill etc. But overall they seem to get really stuck in the weeds of how they approach nearly everything?

It’s bizarre to me to renovate entire rooms (eg bathroom) and storage does not factor *at all*. Whereas storage would be one of my first thoughts because if you can’t answer ‘where are all the things going to go’ (bring realistic about how you live) then that room will always struggle to function and not look great. She’s too focused on staging which accounts for how her rooms look less than 0.01% of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The bathroom drives me mad! We have a tiny bathroom for a family of 4 (kids the same age as Alex's) - it's so small. But we still have a mirror cabinet and storage under the sink. Bathroom storage is so easy to think about as pretty much universally people have the same needs - medicines / plasters / paracetamol (not appropriate to store in a basket on the floor or an open shelf with kids) and spare shower gels/ tooth pasted etc. (same issue with kids).

Everything with Alex is style over substance. Every time they take a proper photo of their rooms they must have to move bags of tit out into the hallway before they take the photo.

That is a state….I’m embarrassed for them.

I’m no domestic goddess, but we both work full time outside the home and have two kids practically the same age as hers, and our house never looks like this! Yes, toys and washing can build up, and I also have some piles in the garage to donate/sell, but I couldn’t mentally function in that mess.

Reactions: 6
They clearly just have way too much stuff and too little storage. I feel better about my house now - had been thinking it was feeling cluttered but it never looks like those pictures :oops: it reminds me of those pictures showing the scale of mess, from no mess to hoarding...
index.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
All that *stuff* and then she's still encouraging people to buy more. Argh, just stop!
The glasses thing - they just do not suit her or do anything for her, that's the issue. Find some nicer specs and normalise wearing them by y'know, just being normal about wearing them rather than endless boring stories?

Reactions: 6
That is a state….I’m embarrassed for them.

I’m no domestic goddess, but we both work full time outside the home and have two kids practically the same age as hers, and our house never looks like this! Yes, toys and washing can build up, and I also have some piles in the garage to donate/sell, but I couldn’t mentally function in that mess.
Same! Also isn’t it a tad dangerous for a baby to have all that stuff?
we are always cleaning / tidying on the go to keep a safe house as most people with crawlers do

Reactions: 7
"I'm just visually tired, you know?" That comment seemed to be directed here, because people have mentioned it.

Why did she even film her messy house? Was it to get more criticism so she can be snippy and angry some more? Maybe she wants a free home organiser to visit. But even after the kitchen cleaner visit, look at it now.

• Heart
This is a woman who had to have an expensive Burlington sink, with no storage underneath, in her bathroom at great cost because she liked how they look at the hoxton hotel. Where they don’t need any storage. Because it’s a bleeping hotel, not the family bathroom in a four person home.

but it’s ok because you can put all your stuff underneath the sink in a basket and hide it behind a hand towel 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When I posted earlier I hadn't seen the 20 second home tour video. WHY would she post that? Despite all the comments I really don't think that is normal, is it? It can't be good for their mental health at all!

When I posted earlier I hadn't seen the 20 second home tour video. WHY would she post that? Despite all the comments I really don't think that is normal, is it? It can't be good for their mental health at all!

What’s wrong with the people that comment? They are saying “thank you for normalising normal life? Are they crazy???
I would understand if they lived in a small flat or they have full on jobs but that is laziness... did they say they have a cleaner on Thursday or did I get that wrong?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.