The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she ever shown this room before?View attachment 808556
It’s the secret (secret until this morning) double story extension!

Genuine question- what is this room being used for? i can’t see any bed set up in it. If it’s a playroom, then why are there toys all over the house? Or is it literally a walk in wardrobe for the winter coats because they didn’t put enough storage in their actual bedroom?

Reactions: 8
How can they live like that? It looks like they’ve been burgled! It’s not relatable it’s just bleeping lazy!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Those pics just make me feel sad for them, I’ve only got one 👶🏼 but can relate to feeling overwhelmed with the house & it took a big shake up (and me conceding to getting a cleaner) to get things sorted, but it was a really tough + sad period cos you just feel shame + guilt over it all. Idk why their family haven’t helped tho 🥴

Reactions: 4
What does the Thursday person do? Why didn’t she just say my cleaner comes on a Thursday so I have to tidy up - I can’t think who else it could be, she’s been on “maternity leave” so why would a co worker need to come in on a Thursday? I’m so confused. The secret room is basically a play room/family room which kind of makes sense as they don’t need a guest room as their family live so close by and the front room is full of candles/matches/pr gifts/half finished diy project materials/suitcases by the looks of it. I feel a lot better about my home today seeing those pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I count at least 8 baskets on the floor, why on earth do they not have proper storage? Chest of drawers and large cupboards. Proper shelves. Utter shitshow

• Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 808671Am I reading this right, do they have someone working from their home, as in they rent it out as a workspace??
It’s a cleaner or an assistant of some type. (Doing what??) Either way the obfuscation itself sticks out, it’s like her vaguely saying ‘we stay in an apartment’ when asked if she can recommend accommodation in her regular European holiday spot.

And casually revealing the bonus room like it ain’t no thing after squeezing every drop of content from her extension project without so much as a whisper that it was a two story job.

Throw in all the barely concealed rage about glasses and I’d say all is not well in Alex land. I wouldn’t be surprised if her influencer bubble is bursting a bit. Brands are able to be more discerning these days for sure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Don’t get why she thinks it’s cute or relatable to have a messy, dirty and cluttered home with tiny pockets of areas tidied to look nice for Instagram. My partner and I work from home 10-12 hours a day and it’s never that messy or gross apart from the occasional weeks when we are travelling. I really think she thinks most people live like they do when in my experience that really isn’t the case…

I read it as her meaning she has a PA/assistant/someone working on their blog working with them once a week?
It’s a cleaner or an assistant of some type. (Doing what??) Either way the obfuscation itself sticks out, it’s like her vaguely saying ‘we stay in an apartment’ when asked if she can recommend accommodation in her regular European holiday spot.

And casually revealing the bonus room like it ain’t no thing after squeezing every drop of content from her extension project without so much as a whisper that it was a two story job.

Throw in all the barely concealed rage about glasses and I’d say all is not well in Alex land. I wouldn’t be surprised if her influencer bubble is bursting a bit. Brands are able to be more discerning these days for sure.

Reactions: 5
I think quick solution would be to switch the office & the spare room. Have the office upstairs, it’s big enough to store packing boxes for the matches or whatever. Put shelves in the old office now playroom for all the kids stuff, & keep Penny’s bike which for some reason is buried in the sitting room etc in there. That way if toys wander into the kitchen or sitting room they can be put back easily in the evening. It’s much easier to keep small kids playing downstairs to allow you to cook etc. while watching them.
I was going to go to TX Max to pick up some baskets but she has put me off!
On the one hand I like that she’s being real, but I’m still a bit wow ok! My house is chaos but my sitting room doesn’t look like something from a hoarders programme!

Reactions: 8
For someone who wants everything in house to be ‘chic’, it’s laughable the state of it. Living area of kitchen a complete mess with bitty furniture - she should get a custom shelf/press unit built along the ‘long’ wall, get rid of the bitty furniture and sofa and re-instate the dining table and chairs. She could then use the sitting room to actually sit in.

If they tidied their office and removed some of the crap, I’m sure they could use it to pack whatever it is they’re going to flog next.

I suspect the reason the spare bedroom is being used as a sitting room/toy room is that the two children don’t sleep well together in their bedroom - and it’s used for early morning wakings. She wants to keep them sharing as she believes it’s cool/woke/a novel idea.

The two of them working from home and someone in once a week and they’ve no time to tidy, thinks it’s edgy to eat pot noodles in their bedroom and they make it all sound so dreary and chaotic.

Reactions: 11
Listening to her latest story is like for me someone scratching their nails against a chalkboard. For the love of god, why wouldn’t you get your sinuses cleared. She clearly can’t breathe properly!!! It’s awful to listen to

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For someone who wants everything in house to be ‘chic’, it’s laughable the state of it. Living area of kitchen a complete mess with bitty furniture - she should get a custom shelf/press unit built along the ‘long’ wall, get rid of the bitty furniture and sofa and re-instate the dining table and chairs. She could then use the sitting room to actually sit in.

If they tidied their office and removed some of the crap, I’m sure they could use it to pack whatever it is they’re going to flog next.

I suspect the reason the spare bedroom is being used as a sitting room/toy room is that the two children don’t sleep well together in their bedroom - and it’s used for early morning wakings. She wants to keep them sharing as she believes it’s cool/woke/a novel idea.

The two of them working from home and someone in once a week and they’ve no time to tidy, thinks it’s edgy to eat pot noodles in their bedroom and they make it all sound so dreary and chaotic.
Maybe she’ll eat pot noodles in the bath/shower next. Or, sitting on the stairs. Can‘t wait.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
:eek:o_O How have I missed that they've had a two storey extension?!

So basically, they built out for the kitchen but it was double height, which they've kept secret??

I have no issue with influencers keeping part of their lives private, but when the whole brand is built on 'frugal budgeting', but they are hiding their real expenditure like this pair do, it just feels so fake.

Reactions: 11
The secret extension definitely needs to be in the next thread title 😂

pair of grifters

• Heart
Reactions: 6
:eek:o_O How have I missed that they've had a two storey extension?!

So basically, they built out for the kitchen but it was double height, which they've kept secret??

I have no issue with influencers keeping part of their lives private, but when the whole brand is built on 'frugal budgeting', but they are hiding their real expenditure like this pair do, it just feels so fake.
I suspect the cognitive dissidence comes from the parents’ money (extensions, property, holidays) versus their income (noodles, baskets)…?

The student comments are so right, they’re rich MC students living like peasants for fun whilst their parents do the financial heavy lifting for them.

Reactions: 5
Also the extension / shape of kitchen is weird. Why wouldn’t you at that expense give yourself a bit more room. I didn’t realise until the ill thought our tour of doom how pokey is it.

Nothing wrong of course with a smaller house, just don’t load it with so many crap filled baskets

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.