The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say, I don’t really understand her not posting on weekends thing. Surely if she’s on maternity leave and he’s not working (??) then it doesn’t matter what the day of the week is. Surely her target audience is on social media more at the weekend, so she’d potentially get more engagement on weekends?

Reactions: 4
I have to say, I don’t really understand her not posting on weekends thing. Surely if she’s on maternity leave and he’s not working (??) then it doesn’t matter what the day of the week is. Surely her target audience is on social media more at the weekend, so she’d potentially get more engagement on weekends?
I never even noticed she disappeared on weekends 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m not sure why she draws a distinction given her week day content is so low effort.

Here’s me painting a fence slower than Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel
Here’s me eating beige food
Here’s me wearing a baggy dress, coat & trainers whilst staring moodily at my phone
Here’s a photo of my house looking like a tip

Rinse and repeat

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On her stories just now “we had an extra day for the bank holiday and it went too fast”. An extra day from what?! What went too fast?! What are your grand pressures on this fine Tuesday Alex?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I do suspect she reads here; that’s two outfit photos when there has been a few comments about her style.

Reactions: 2
Why does everything always come as a surprise to her, Had she never been in a garden centre before. Glad to see she got some nutrients into her over the weekend care of other people and freebees, makes a change from the beige value food she normally favours.

Reactions: 3
I do suspect she reads here; that’s two outfit photos when there has been a few comments about her style.
She definitely reads here. She has put up a huffy pass-agg story today with “We take turns doing DIY around here” because, for duck’s sake, they are STILL painting the fence. How?!

• Haha
Why does everything always come as a surprise to her, Had she never been in a garden centre before. Glad to see she got some nutrients into her over the weekend care of other people and freebees, makes a change from the beige value food she normally favours.
She does say that they’ve never had a garden prior to this, so she’s probably not been to a garden centre before. I did LOL @ the comment about how expensive gardens are to ‘do’. She’s barely started and has a postage stamp, she doesn’t know the half of it, still it must be a shock to put her hand in her pocket for a change, I suppose. Those tiles she’s bought for the patio look like they were £££, coming in the sort of packaging you’d get decent kitchen floor tiles in. They’ve not scrimped there.

I also cannot believe how long it’s taking this pair of absolute drips to paint those few bits of fence. 🥱

Doesn’t everyone else do DIY with their children in the bouncer/eating mud/watching frozen for the 900th time? Or just us?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She’s nuts then as Tattle is for the audience, not the thin skinned advertisers, as any critique on Instagram, no matter how mild, results in being blocked. Fair enough it’s their space to block and delete, but this isn’t their space.

No doubt the garden tiles will be #pressproduct, #pressdiscount or #kindlygifted.

Reactions: 3
Sometimes I read here and had to double check the thread title to make sure it is Frugality, and not Lily Pebbles. Because they are the two most insufferable mums of North London

Last edited:
  • Haha
Loads of us have or have had small children, we’ve all had to run a house and do the maintenance jobs that come with that; often with more children and fewer available parenting hours than this pair have. Why is it such a drama and a palaver? Yes, having a baby and a toddler makes the logistics of life a bit more convoluted but nowhere near as faffy as this pair make it look. As a self employed person, I’d expect her to be organised. Him too, if he’s self-employed, but they seem to be scatty as hell and two scatty numpties does not = action

I don't understand why any brand would want to work with her atm? This isn't content, does she even blog anymore? She should just hang this up and go back to being a stylist or do something else she wants to do/get enjoyment from and maybe the income she actually wants. I don't understand how the odd IG post with her following which doesn't seem to grow sustains them, without her putting in true effort across multiple platforms I don't see the point, I actually think she has already missed her chance on social now.

Reactions: 2
I don’t get how they are making money out of this “content”? Genuinely curious. I’m on maternity leave. Today I’ve been to a baby class, had a salad for lunch and baked a cake, I’ve had a lovely day but why would anyone else care? It must be very tiresome to have to keep uploading stuff especially when you aren’t doing anything?

Reactions: 10
The fence, the Ugg slippers, I dread to think how long they’ll take to lay those tiles....one a week maybe, done by next summer if they push themselves?!

• Haha
Another story about painting the bloody fence! They are the most useless adults ever! It’s warm today, put a blanket on the grass pop the baby on it for a roll about and both of you finish the bloody painting!

Reactions: 6
Another story about painting the bloody fence! They are the most useless adults ever! It’s warm today, put a blanket on the grass pop the baby on it for a roll about and both of you finish the bloody painting!
It took them 2 weeks to pain 2/3 of the fence, is so painful to watch. Maybe use a bigger brush or get someone to paint it, it will be cheaper than spending so many 'working days' painting the damn fence

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.