The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I don’t. People who sell things for a few pounds often need those few pounds. It’s people that do not need it that mystify me

I actually think Hannah does give part of the money from selling clothes to charity, I’m sure she’s mentioned it a few times
I do t think that is the case all the time.

Reactions: 2
we

You don’t think there’s a difference between letting go of some cheap clothes by selling them, when you could just donate, and you have the money to justify donating, vs selling vintage Chanel, but for hundreds of pounds?
I totally see your point, similar to @Wifo1976. If those like Laura and co are being gifted something then selling it on they are making a profit because they didn’t pay out for it the first place. But presumably Hannah is selling stuff that she has paid for and worn perhaps once thus giving someone else the opportunity to purchase it at a lower price. So she’s not profiting over what she spent, just making some of her money back.

Sorry I don’t. People who sell things for a few pounds often need those few pounds. It’s people that do not need it that mystify me

I do t think that is the case all the time.
But I think that’s the point. Do they need to sell those worn things for a few pounds? If you’re strapped for cash then ok but Zara is affordable without having to then sell it on for most people let alone people pretending to be ‘rich’ on insta 🥴

Reactions: 4
I totally see your point, similar to @Wifo1976. If those like Laura and co are being gifted something then selling it on they are making a profit because they didn’t pay out for it the first place. But presumably Hannah is selling stuff that she has paid for and worn perhaps once thus giving someone else the opportunity to purchase it at a lower price. So she’s not profiting over what she spent, just making some of her money back.

But I think that’s the point. Do they need to sell those worn things for a few pounds? If you’re strapped for cash then ok but Zara is affordable without having to then sell it on for most people let alone people pretending to be ‘rich’ on insta 🥴
Hannah is obscenely wealthy.

This is sort of where I am in the discussion. Plus I find I am especially uncomfortable with FBB selling the childrens clothes, which could be donated to a myriad of good charities and organisations helping families in need within the RBKC and further afield in the UK.

Reactions: 6
I recently gave 10 bags of baby clothes , beds & other items away and I’m not ‘wealthy’ . I don’t understand these girls . So greedy . The hassle of trying to sell Zara clothes when you are fully aware that some people can’t afford them. I really like FBB , she has always appeared super nice but this definitely puts me off . Also , can I just say , If I had her money , I would also have nannnies , housekeepers etc and be heading off to Greece child free. nothing wrong with that but don’t pimp your lovely kids out for cash when hubby brings in a few million .

Reactions: 13
I recently gave 10 bags of baby clothes , beds & other items away and I’m not ‘wealthy’ . I don’t understand these girls . So greedy . The hassle of trying to sell Zara clothes when you are fully aware that some people can’t afford them. I really like FBB , she has always appeared super nice but this definitely puts me off . Also , can I just say , If I had her money , I would also have nannnies , housekeepers etc and be heading off to Greece child free. nothing wrong with that but don’t pimp your lovely kids out for cash when hubby brings in a few million .
I agree with you on all of the above. No one here begrudges her the help she has, but she is not honest about how much help she has. She only really admits the nanny. But the slimy husband does the school run for Mila (always in a huff), and her mum helps out a lot. If she doesn’t also have a full time cleaner I’d be surprised. And then her team of hair/nail people who she sees regularly.
The clothes selling is just tacky, and plastering her kids over the internet- stupid and selfish.

Reactions: 5
Putting aside the whole issue of selling her old stuff for profit... don't most donated clothes end up in landfills? At least by selling them, presumably they go to a buyer who wants to use the item? I think the root of the issue is to buy less... how many pairs of almost identical New Balance trainers does she own at this point?! However, influencers who hustle and shill make money by selling clothes so they're a bit stuck in the overconsumption cycle.

She could become one of those influencers who doesn't monetise their Instagram, just does it for the attention. But, on the other hand, I understand the temptation to make some easy cash by just adding in a few links.

Peony Lim seems to have found a middle ground; there appears to be a bit more dignity in her account.

Putting aside the whole issue of selling her old stuff for profit... don't most donated clothes end up in landfills? At least by selling them, presumably they go to a buyer who wants to use the item? I think the root of the issue is to buy less... how many pairs of almost identical New Balance trainers does she own at this point?! However, influencers who hustle and shill make money by selling clothes so they're a bit stuck in the overconsumption cycle.

She could become one of those influencers who doesn't monetise their Instagram, just does it for the attention. But, on the other hand, I understand the temptation to make some easy cash by just adding in a few links.

Peony Lim seems to have found a middle ground; there appears to be a bit more dignity in her account.
I like Peony Lim but there’s something a bit stuffy about her I’m not sure about. I can’t articulate it….I don’t know!

I agree with you on all of the above. No one here begrudges her the help she has, but she is not honest about how much help she has. She only really admits the nanny. But the slimy husband does the school run for Mila (always in a huff), and her mum helps out a lot. If she doesn’t also have a full time cleaner I’d be surprised. And then her team of hair/nail people who she sees regularly.
The clothes selling is just tacky, and plastering her kids over the internet- stupid and selfish.

Sorry to reply to this so many posts down but when has she admitted to a nanny? She has literally blocked me for asking her how does she get ready for date nights and does she have a nanny?

• Wow
The big question is where on earth does she store all the clothes and shoes ? Her hallway is tiny as is her living room . I’m sure she doesn’t show the house as she’s embarrassed, no problem showing her parents kitchen . Why do the kids need 50 coats , literally where does she put them all, along with hunters in every colour , along with her insane costume dresses , at least 30 parts of new shoes this month alone !,,, She used to live in an apartment

Reactions: 7
How often do you see her wear them though? I’m sure she just wears them once for a photo and back off to NAP or Chanel they go! You're right, we only ever see carefully curated pics of parts of the house.

Reactions: 5
Sorry to reply to this so many posts down but when has she admitted to a nanny? She has literally blocked me for asking her how does she get ready for date nights and does she have a nanny?
She has admitted it in stories. It’s more like a mock-affronted ‘guys I’m not lying about the help I just didn’t tell you about it before’. And even though she admits the nanny (occasionally) she is cagey about the extent of the other help she has. Not that anyone would begrudge her the help… a neighbour of mine has one nanny for each of her 3 kids plus a weekend nanny and loads of domestic help. The thing is that Laura tries to suggest everything she does happens so effortlessly and perfectly which is disheartening for other women to see.

I also hate the fact that she clearly has an eating disorder and pretends the reason she won’t say what she eats in a day is because it’s too personal (or something along those lines). This coming from a woman who has shared intimate details of her birth stories. Come on! It’s very damaging for women to see people like her and think that is aspirational. In fact, she is a twig-like husk with joyless eyes when you encounter her in real life.

Reactions: 10
She has admitted it in stories. It’s more like a mock-affronted ‘guys I’m not lying about the help I just didn’t tell you about it before’. And even though she admits the nanny (occasionally) she is cagey about the extent of the other help she has. Not that anyone would begrudge her the help… a neighbour of mine has one nanny for each of her 3 kids plus a weekend nanny and loads of domestic help. The thing is that Laura tries to suggest everything she does happens so effortlessly and perfectly which is disheartening for other women to see.

I also hate the fact that she clearly has an eating disorder and pretends the reason she won’t say what she eats in a day is because it’s too personal (or something along those lines). This coming from a woman who has shared intimate details of her birth stories. Come on! It’s very damaging for women to see people like her and think that is aspirational. In fact, she is a twig-like husk with joyless eyes when you encounter her in real life.
She eats salmon soup, thats the only food we ever see!

• Sick
Reactions: 7
She eats salmon soup, thats the only food we ever see!
There’s no way my kids would ever eat that. Also when she shared her salmon soup it was so telling when she said that her girls asked for brown rice in theirs and Laura had it without - in essence she just had some boiled salmon and carrots, so unhealthy. Glad to see her daughters got some brown rice though but how long till they instill their mothers unhealthy habits?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.