Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
@Duchesspink that’s the crux of things for me. I don’t think parents should ever use their children on IG to make money. I hate that so many influencers do. But it’s even more sad to see someone who can very well afford not to show her children still do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t think this kind of cliquey behaviour is exclusive to prep schools, the same thing happens at every school in the land. I work full time and can only pick up on certain days so I’ve managed to avoid being part of any ‘mum-gang’ or WhatsApp groups. I’m still friends with the odd mum whose child is friends with my child, but it suits me fine. I’ve heard some horror stories about these cliques.
Yep this is standard for all school gates. You guys aren’t special as you pay 😂 I choose to not get involved with gate politics. Also, congrats on your stealth humble boasting about passing the gates posh test😂 not sure why we needed to know that 🤔but big congrats.

The issuesI have with Laura, of which there are many, are her show off nature, the excessive consumerism and the BS about not disclosing the amount of help she obviously gets and most importantly her exposure of her innocent children. But yes, I have pointed out that she is obviously not as posh as the image she obviously chooses to openly portray, I wouldn’t have an opinion if she didn’t plaster her life on the World Wide Web. Guessing that’s all the tea ☕ we will be getting from now on 😂 as Arianna no doubt has been scared off.

Wow so much to say here! I’ve been waiting for this thread! Honestly I felt she had an injunction against this site or something that there wasn’t one, I’m convinced she uses that feature on Instagram where you ensure certain words can’t appear in your comments, all this BS from her about wanting to ensure her feed is a positive place only- eye roll

I don’t want to give away how I know her but I’m an acquaintance of hers and I feel in the last year or two I’ve come to see her true colours...

Her husband is NOT from money and is an ordinary background so there is no old money here, he just earns a fortune from that firm.. her own family were comfortable but if you look at her baby shower photos for Mila it was in her mums house and decor was v ordinary

Tea on Sophie P- yes went to same school, never was nice about her at ALL until Sophie became the darling of insta interiors now she likes to reference they are old friends.. not true

Hannah Strafford T- she can’t stand. Was full on mean girl about her and ignores her at events. Hannah is properly posh but she is actually a lovely person and much more authentic than FBB

The house is rented everyone they don’t own it, which makes all the wall papering an absolute waste of money. That fromental wallpaper is thousands...

in my opinion her style changed as she got influenced by others, her earrings for Soru have to be the only ones I don’t like those tacky hearts are gross , ‘we designed together ‘ sure hon...

I don’t know why she always said ‘ we always had great sleepers’ she didn’t as she used to message me saying they were in her bed or all waking at night not sure why she is making out she is only going back to sleepless nights now

ALSO has anyone noticed she went through a phase of stretching her legs?! To appear taller, she’s not actually tall, average height , and honestly once you notice it it’s so so obvious don’t think she does it now but the period between Anoushka and Luna it was ridiculous

Clearly she doesn’t eat much and why does she keep sharing her horrible salmon soup I doubt anyone is asking for the recipe

She can’t cook at all or so she says but decided to make out that in lockdown she is now pretty good.. I highly doubt it

If I see her write ‘ I blame you ‘ whenever she is copying an item from flavia.. one more time. No your just trying to keep up with each other..

She seems like before insta fame she was very reliant on her husband , how many times does she say ‘ I’m just sooooo in love with my husband ‘ but she’s now finally made a few girls mates on insta, Olivia Rubin ( who is so rude ) mum life styled , Holly scarsella etc etc etc

Haven’t noticed re the glam squad but now you say it yes . Her hair is better shorter also that Barbie long curly hair doesn’t suit her

She got quite a lot of back lash for going to Dubai was it at Christmas? In fairness she handled the nasty comments well, not like her mate flavia who attacked anyone who dared criticize her for being out of touch with reality. But I’ll bet she will find some way to work around getting away again even if your not supposed to this summer

The place she stayed at in the cotswolds was 40k for the week

She also doesn’t tag people or ever give anyone a shout out I noticed or do follow Fridays

My gut says she would love to come across as a Perneille Teisback type but she’s not cool enough too swept up in trends

Sometimes she reverts back to her neutrals and looks great but these rainbow outfits drive me mad. The coloured Chanel’s and Manolos herself and Flavia just morph into one, with their lapdog Ingrid W whose just dying to be as insta relevant as them..

She has a real sense of ownership over everything I feel, everything is ‘ one of my fave brands ever, or a new brand I’ve discovered’ she literally says that about everything

Is quite mean and bitchy about people she doesn’t know, has passed comments when at events and I might have asked oh was such a person there , definitely finds it difficult to trust people or is wary of them which would suggest she doesn’t have many friends

Finally 100% dying for a boy, let’s face it we have all seen all the little girls content over and over, Belle Enfant, la coqueta, etc etc.. she was only dying for a boy especially as all the bloggers were having boys, Lena lutter who has 3 girls also had a boy , allthingsvictoria, Tijan Serena, trying to keep up. Don’t buy that she didn’t know the gender either!
Ooh love the ☕ Come again soon 😀

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
Agree with everyone, by any measure Laura lives a charmed life!

It’s her shoddy ad declarations, endless shopping, overly idealised depiction of parenting, and over-dressed fashion sense I find tattle worthy. Not her house location.

The whole thing is awful. The school mums are horrified as the school is academic and the mums are low key - not at all into materialism and anything that could represent or stand for.
Yes she’s very footballers wife’s. My husbands family are titled and very very old money. But his mother came to our wedding in a home made hat 😂.

• Haha

stillogo

She spends more than the average family earns in a year on clothes per month. She is wealthy, perhaps not to the standard you are alluding to, but come on, open your eyes! People are going to food banks and you are trying to make out they are poor 🙄
Exactly! Ridiculous! She doesn’t go to the smart London parties lol! She is invited to Chanel shows, I think that shows she’s not renting the bags!

They’re not wealthy. She’s winging it. They’ve rented a house in the wrong side of Fulham - there’s a sewage works a stone throw away from their house. You are mistaken. It’s very easy to purport to having a vast handbag collection but if that’s your measurement of wealth you are mistaken. The truly rich do not show it. Nevertheless if she gives you something to “lol” that is fun for you. Again smoke and mirrors and a few rolls of wallpaper means nothing. Also she’s not a socialite. She just has some Instagram friends that’s all. She’s never at the smart London parties
Alright Nancy knows.. 😳 I know Laura as I previously said here, and she certainly doesn’t purport anything regarding the items she owns. They have plenty of cash end of. Whether or not she attends the ‘ smart London parties’ you clearly deem as important as living on the ‘right side of Fulham’ is irrelevant. The thread started about people being irritated by her not coming across genuine, depicting a realistic portrayal of motherhood and being a bit smug. Not to tear her down and comment on her true social status that you clearly hold so dear. If you have come on here to talk down to people, kindly move on …

Last edited:
  • Heart

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I don’t think this kind of cliquey behaviour is exclusive to prep schools, the same thing happens at every school in the land. I work full time and can only pick up on certain days so I’ve managed to avoid being part of any ‘mum-gang’ or WhatsApp groups. I’m still friends with the odd mum whose child is friends with my child, but it suits me fine. I’ve heard some horror stories about these cliques.

Reactions: 11

BoccadiLupo

Ooh a thread on her! I actually really like her - she comes across as very sweet and her children are so beautiful. HOWEVER (and this bugs me no end) is that she never declares gifts and ads. Every single swipe up is Reward Style which means she earns commission and is she obliged to declare it as an #ad. Every gift has to be declared as an #ad. And yet she never does it. I always come so close to reporting her...

kit359

I feel like if she was really in Portugal she would at least be posting stories etc - she can’t resist showing off. My money is on her being elsewhere eg an amber list country like Spain and she isn’t posting for fear of backlash.
Incredibly off-brand of her to take a social media break especially while on vacation. Which makes me think she is somewhere she probably shouldn’t be and doesn’t want to publicise it!

ariannabrandolini

Chatty Member
The problem is, the damage is already done. There is an extensive back catalogue of images of her kids, abs even if she goes on a deleting spree, she will never know whose hands those images will remain in as they have been published online. If she had stopped showing them after babyhood, the kids may not have been identifiable, but as it is, Mila, Anoushka and Luna will be recognisable for the rest of their childhoods.

I’m glad she has realised the folly of her ways, but, good grief, Laura, I cannot believe it has taken you this long to twig that splashing your kids in their swimming cossies etc was a good idea? If you had an ounce of sense I don’t see how you would have thought this was a good idea.

I’m frankly shocked that Mark put up with it for so long, given his dim view of publicity/ social media.

In fact, what I suspect is that either he or his friends have also read here and had an aneurysm, and he has put his foot down and said enough is enough. He must be pissed off with her for recklessly exposing their kids online and needlessly putting them at risk. Given she has said he doesn’t have SM accounts it is plausible that he had no idea just how much of the kids she was sharing.

I also think that she is possibly starting to realise that she has bitten off more than she can chew, but having all the kids so close together. 4 kids under 4 (well Mila is nearly 5) is a handful, whichever way you cut it. The baby will be less sleepy by now, and Luna is in the thick of the terrible twos. Homework/extracurricular stuff, clubs, etc...I know of a family with three young girls who have a nanny per child and a full time housekeeper and the mother is still quite frazzled most of the time. Even if you have staff, you have to manage them, and ultimately, the mental load ends up with the mum. She’s coming out of that baby moon period and I think she will find the next few years pretty tough.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Tweetypie

And just to add to the above - what I find annoying is the lies… for example saying that the kids are with the grandparents when in fact that’s obviously not true as they’re also with the nanny. ok so fine you have a nanny and the kids are with your nanny whilst you’re travelling - who cares, many of us do this, just say it! Pretending you’re doing it all is really annoying to your followers and unhealthy as it’s obviously unrealistic!
I think this is where the tide has turned. She wants everyone to believe she’s handling those 4 kids on her own. She’s not - it’s clear she doesn’t even cook because she seems to make one thing only for them. I mean who gives a f— if you have a nanny and help. Just don’t pretend you’re doing it solo while walking around Fulham in a ball gown.

• Haha

Its_Me

VIP Member
There’s an awful lot of snobbery going on in some of these posts. Just because someone isn’t an aristocrat or dresses their children a certain way it doesn’t mean they are not wealthy for goodness sake. I know of billionaires who you wouldn’t even know to look at the way they dressed, what car they drove or what circles they moved in what they were worth.

Renting in London can be just as expensive if not more than having a mortgage in terms of monthly payments. They are not very old, perhaps they haven’t quite saved the down payment yet for what they want. Regardless they clearly have the money to pay the rent, they’re not living in social housing are they. And I know what you mean by the ‘wrong side’ of Fulham, but even so as has been said Fulham, on ether side isn’t cheap compare to the rest of the UK, or even most parts of London for that matter. Combine that with the school fees, private health care, nanny, housekeepers, holidays….Things that are far beyond the reach of most people. You could perhaps say they live beyond their means (hence the reselling of clothes) but not all of its going on credit cards, they are wealthy by UK standard there’s absolutely no disputing that.

And I do not think for one minute the bulk of her bag collection is rented, she’s perhaps rented for an occasion but I don’t see anything wrong with that if it’s not something you are going to use repeatedly.

ariannabrandolini

Chatty Member
Sorry to reply to this so many posts down but when has she admitted to a nanny? She has literally blocked me for asking her how does she get ready for date nights and does she have a nanny?
She has admitted it in stories. It’s more like a mock-affronted ‘guys I’m not lying about the help I just didn’t tell you about it before’. And even though she admits the nanny (occasionally) she is cagey about the extent of the other help she has. Not that anyone would begrudge her the help… a neighbour of mine has one nanny for each of her 3 kids plus a weekend nanny and loads of domestic help. The thing is that Laura tries to suggest everything she does happens so effortlessly and perfectly which is disheartening for other women to see.

I also hate the fact that she clearly has an eating disorder and pretends the reason she won’t say what she eats in a day is because it’s too personal (or something along those lines). This coming from a woman who has shared intimate details of her birth stories. Come on! It’s very damaging for women to see people like her and think that is aspirational. In fact, she is a twig-like husk with joyless eyes when you encounter her in real life.

Reactions: 10

Showmethemoonie

Chatty Member
I can’t believe that the rank snobbery of a couple of posters is actually… making me feel sorry for Laura? 😂 West London is such a messed up place to live, some people round here are just on another planet 🙄

Last edited:

kit359

Omg I am obsessed with this tea being split on Laura!!!! Thank you haha. Not surprised in the slightest that she isn’t a nice person - she comes across as fake. Hilarious that it’s all just a big act (as we all suspected anyway).

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
Definitely does. That Vila Joy fancy place she tools her kids to eat at, never saw a photo of them at the table. Pretty sure the nanny or whoever was taking Casimir and the girls around the building while Laura and her husband ate. No way are four kids going to sit politely through a multi course fancy meal no matter how well behaved they may be. Also the clothes her girls wear are not low maintenance so there must be someone ironing creases out of the suitcase. I truly wonder how the help feels and views Laura and her children’s completely unrealistic and unbelievable vacation. She must be eye rolling for sure

Also seriously how rich are they to be on that many boat trips (surely the boats cost a lot to rent each day) and the number of nights they’re staying at their super fancy hotels. Jealous for sure
Nothing to be jealous of. It’s such an enormous amount of work to collate those outfits for the Instagram posts & have to be camera ready. The scenery, the ironing, the perfection. It’s exhausting & poor kids can’t play as they have to be on “duty” for the perfect shot. There is no joy in this. Look at the state of Laura. Painfully thin & no life in her eyes. She knows it too - she understands what I say. Oh to have a holiday & sit back, read a magazine & let the children ‘be’ instead of being a slave to the gram. What a waste of childhood, what a poor use of time.

Shopgal

i know it’s speculation but I find it bizarre that her husband finds owning a home a bad investment so they just rent. I totally get that they would be getting a better return investing elsewhere without the overheads but looking at the spending it seems they have the cash to do both. She has already moved twice with young children and mentioned that they might be moving again... wouldn’t you want the security of just knowing that a house is yours and you won’t have to move or deal with inspections. There’s more to it than the purely financial.