The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbf to Laura she’s reined it in this last week, it does feel unnecessary and frivolous atm. Clearly some have taken notice, other influencers are just squeezing a few pages in between their affiliated links 🙄
I agree. It was Hannah I was getting at. Not FBB.

Reactions: 2
I saw that wears my money is raffling 2 bags. What a wonderful idea.
Both FBB and Hannah Strafford-Taylor could easily do that (and more!) and make so much money for such a good cause. Yet they will just repost links with heartbreak emojis to make themselves look good and go back to their empty lives full of pretty things. Tragic.

Reactions: 7
a friend of mine works at a charity and tells me that hannah actually does loads for good causes all year round and just never shouts about it. from what i hear she is a very genuine person who recognises how lucky she is.....

Reactions: 3
Hi Hannah 👋🏼

I’m joking. I can believe this more from her. I’ve always found her more genuine than FBB.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
a friend of mine works at a charity and tells me that hannah actually does loads for good causes all year round and just never shouts about it. from what i hear she is a very genuine person who recognises how lucky she is.....
Yes I've also heard that Hannah is actually a very genuine person and she does so much charity work - also does not brag on about it which makes her even more genuine in my personal opinion! I don't actually know her personally but my friends daughter used to go to her daughters school and said that she does so many charity sales and donates all the money from selling her clothes to a charity called 'Spread A Smile' which is so wonderful and such an amazing thing to do!! And anyway she has been sharing such informative links during this awful time encouraging people to donate to Ukraine - what more do would you want her to do in this kind of situation? So many others have been so careless and not done anything...

Hannah might be a charitable and humble person in real life, but I hope you'll forgive us some cynicism when two new members come by to write positively about her. She still shares too much of her children online (like FBB) and buys some dreadful clothes (like FBB). Money not buying taste etc.

Reactions: 11
Do the new members of the chat (who just so happened to find this link) know that “new member” is listed on your profiles?

Anyway, I wonder how true this can be. She doesn’t feel strange bragging about a 10k Chanel jacket when people are struggling so badly or constantly showing her children for everyone to see, or her latest luxury holiday; so I’m sure she would happily brag about any charitable work.

As a side note. I think it speaks volumes that, instead of ruining the look of her feed and putting a picture of children in Ukraine up, she selected a picture of her two children clad in £200 Bonpoint dresses with a caption about children facing war. So sorry new members, I don’t buy it!

Is there a Hannah feed instead of hijacking this one?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wow! New member as saw what you were saying and from what I hear you’re wrong - but you don’t seem to want to entertain that someone might actually be a decent human being. Whereas you seem to be really nasty - I’m sure you’re not but….

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m sure she is fundamentally decent, that’s not the question really. It’s how she is portraying herself online and making questionable decisions relating to that.

But thank you anyway.

I think most of us on this thread would agree that HST is less irksome than FBB. Personally, I like the fact that she is upfront about her struggles (she has been very open about her fertility issues and about her head injury), and she leaves me really nice replies (including voicenotes!) whenever I message her. I really don't agree with her decision to show her kids online, though, and she is easily as materialistic as FBB/Flavia, but somehow overall she is just...less annoying?

Reactions: 6
I’m sure she is fundamentally decent, that’s not the question really. It’s how she is portraying herself online and making questionable decisions relating to that.

But thank you anyway.
Exactly this! I can totally understand why people find Hannah less annoying than Laura however her IG stories today have left me feeling distinctly uncomfortable for some reason. A cosy night at home, lunch in the arts club, a picture of her in (I’m assuming) a Chanel jacket holding her ‘handbag dog’ which is then followed by a post of the Ukrainian Paralympic Team as if to offset it.

Reactions: 5
Exactly this! I can totally understand why people find Hannah less annoying than Laura however her IG stories today have left me feeling distinctly uncomfortable for some reason. A cosy night at home, lunch in the arts club, a picture of her in (I’m assuming) a Chanel jacket holding her ‘handbag dog’ which is then followed by a post of the Ukrainian Paralympic Team as if to offset it.
All the insta floggers follow this formula. Show off, ad, then a quote or post highlighting the Ukriane. Or whatever ‘bangwagon’ they’re riding that week. So disingenuous.

And she’s back…. Telling us all how incredibly blessed she is 😂
I think, in her mind, her week of stoical abstinence from parading her materialistic, vacuous lifestyle in lascivious detail now gives her licence to come back full throttle. Sorry, Laura, it doesn’t work that way. The contrived concern you want everyone to believe that you have for Ukraine is totally transparent.

Reactions: 5
I also think it is quite ironic that she says, in one of her 'reflective' stories, that there is 'nothing more important than family and feeling safe', yet she is willing to jeopardise her family's safety by plastering them online for paedos and weirdos. But she's clearly a bit too dim to have figured that out yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.