The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just reflecting on some of the photos she shared of her and her son Cashmere this weekend. So she basically takes her kids all the way from Fulham to whatever Chelsea/ Sloane Square location she’s shooting at and makes it look like they’re just strolling / hanging around there spontaneously. As someone who lives a 5 min walk away from Laura, has young kids and sometimes (hesitantly) makes that journey to Chelsea with them, it is so strange and unnatural to do so as there are literally no parks or playgrounds in the vicinity (unlike in Fulham which has plenty). So her photoshoot setup feels so unnatural and ridiculous knowing that she drags her kids out there JUST to take these photos. It annoys me so much because it’s so blatantly clear to those of us who live in the vicinity and understand how unrealistic this life is that she’s trying to portray but it is not clear to those who may be removed from it and could cause very unhealthy comparisons. I remeber that a few times she’s mentioned that her account is about the ‘best’ moments. However, even that’s a lie. these are not ‘best’ moments- she’s creating an image that doesn’t exist. She’s trying to paint herself as the non-existent mother unicorn who strolls the streets of Chelsea and Sloane Square and does it all without any help with four young children when it’s sooo far from the truth. I’ve been seeing her nanny at school pickups since Oct at least. I think it’s important to share this especially for those mums out there who may not be aware of these dynamics and how unrealistic this is.
This is so well articulated. All of the mothers at the school feel exactly the same: a sort of confused exasperation. What is she trying to prove, and to whom? There is clearly a gaping void in her life that she needs to fill, and to do this she concocts this elaborately fake lie. It’s all a charade. Before I encountered her in real life I was also taken in by it. Having seen a couple of her Chelsea photo shoots in action, it was painfully obvious how she uses her children as props. It took her nearly half an hour to get some photos with Cashmere. What a sad waste of his babyhood. The whole thing is quite pitiful. I really wish we could somehow spread the word about how much of a charlatan she is.

She knowingly does a lot of harm in portraying a misleading version of motherhood and unquestionably makes a lot of women feel bad about themselves. She is also exploiting her kids whilst at the same time pretending to be the world’s greatest mother.

Reactions: 8
Great to see Hannah donating a pair of hideous shoes she got for free to an auction for Ukraine. Turns out she really is charitable but always far too modest to talk about it…😬

On a serious note way better than FBB I guess, but still.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Like then or hate them, the shoes Hannah has donated are fashionable & will hopefully raise some good funds for Ukraine! Given it’s for an auction, I think it’s completely fine she’s mentioning it as it could bring people to the auction site.

Who spends this much on an impulse!!
And when you already have the same shoes in a different colour already. Why don’t her followers (or her husband) see the addiction. And I wonder how much the FF code she flogs pays back to her.

Doesn’t the hired help do the school run though 😂💁
My thought exactly. The question should have been “What do you recommend wearing to cultivate a fake life and pretend you are a full time mum living in Chelsea instead of the arse end of Fulham?” Wish Netflix would do a new show about Fakestagram.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
And when you already have the same shoes in a different colour already. Why don’t her followers (or her husband) see the addiction. And I wonder how much the FF code she flogs pays back to her.

My thought exactly. The question should have been “What do you recommend wearing to cultivate a fake life and pretend you are a full time mum living in Chelsea instead of the arse end of Fulham?” Wish Netflix would do a new show about Fakestagram.
I’ve said this. I don’t know how a journalist hasn’t picked this up. They are creaming a living selling a fave life. Hunters and heels / bylaurenmcdermott is another one.

Not sure if anyone also reads the Lorna luxe threads but it’s obvious she does fake giveaways to increase followers. It’s fraud and it needs the spotlight shone on it

Reactions: 7
I’ve said this. I don’t know how a journalist hasn’t picked this up. They are creaming a living selling a fave life. Hunters and heels / bylaurenmcdermott is another one.

Not sure if anyone also reads the Lorna luxe threads but it’s obvious she does fake giveaways to increase followers. It’s fraud and it needs the spotlight shone on it
I used to follow Lorna and a few pages popped up that tried to out her but nothing ever came of it🙄

Like then or hate them, the shoes Hannah has donated are fashionable & will hopefully raise some good funds for Ukraine! Given it’s for an auction, I think it’s completely fine she’s mentioning it as it could bring people to the auction site.
But if she didn't pay for them it's not exactly a generous donation. 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Omg seriously! Why hasn’t this been picked up by Netflix?! It would be a bestseller, alongside the Tindler Swindler! I can see her being featured as one of the characters. This is Laura Wills. She portrays her life as though she has a mansion in Belgravia but lives on a gritty street in Fulham. She looks like she spends millions but most of what she flaunts is gifted. She’s spending her days looking after her 4 young children but actually has a cleaner, a nanny, and lots of help from her mum (and in fact spends those hours on photo shoots and trying on different clothes she was gifted for free).
And she peddles this lie to her Instagram followers, most of who likely don’t realise the full extent of the fictional Instagram persona that Laura has created.

Also, as a self employed influencer, she’s claiming tax deductions on many of her expenses, including clothes, travel, and hotels, meaning that a lot of the things that she shows on her website end up being much cheaper for her than for the rest of us (how ironic!).

Here are some websites explaining it:
and

Here are the types of expenses that you can claim for to reduce your tax bill (when they relate directly to work activity).
  • Software (it could be email marketing software or image editing tools
  • Subscriptions like stock image providers
  • Marketing activities (from paid advertising fees to giveaways)
  • A proportion of household bills that account for any increased working from home costs.
  • Office costs (rent, chairs, desks etc)
  • Equipment like computers, cameras, or laptops (if they are solely used for work purposes)
  • Travel expenses (from airline tickets and train tickets to petrol costs incurred from travelling to alternative places of work, such as photoshoots or to undertake blog reviews, but not to your regular place of work)
  • Accommodation (this only applies to hotels whilst working away from home as well as away from your usual place of work)
  • Music licenses and music purchase fees, such as for use on your social media posts
  • Non-gifted purchases that you bought yourself solely to review (and not subsequently used for personal use)
  • Agents fees and commissions

Sorry for the loooong post- I posted two separate ones but it seems that tattle merged them into one!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Seems to be a weird influx of new members writing good things about Hannah whom I didn’t dislike but am actively getting annoyed with the more I see posts sucking up to her in the fashion big blog thread.

Reactions: 2
Seems to be a weird influx of new members writing good things about Hannah whom I didn’t dislike but am actively getting annoyed with the more I see posts sucking up to her in the fashion big blog thread.
Agreed. It’s all a bit odd. If I was a multimillionaire I wouldn’t be donating a free pair of shoes and a 6 season old dress (that’s worth about £80 on eBay) then following it with loads of affiliate links. Donate a percentage of those Hannah - then I’ll believe all the new members. She is absolutely more likeable online than FBB, but that isn’t exactly a high bar. They both show their children far too much and just shop for a living - I can’t really see much of a difference in them tbh.

Reactions: 7
Laura doing an ad for Karen Millen - a brand she'd never wear without being paid - really makes me roll my eyes. Not to mention their quality and designs have gone downhill since they were bought by BooHoo.

Reactions: 8
Laura doing an ad for Karen Millen - a brand she'd never wear without being paid - really makes me roll my eyes. Not to mention their quality and designs have gone downhill since they were bought by BooHoo.
A few “celebs” seem to be plugging KM at the moment

FBB and HST both having 'lunch with my mama' today 😂 Would love to see these two encounter eachother at an event. I'm sure the antipathy would be palpable.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Lunch with my mama…oh also, here are loads of affiliate links to pay for said lunch…

Can’t FBB and HST just go on a lunch without letting us know?! The people sitting next to them must think it’s hilarious, middle aged Mums taking pictures of their food for the gram absolutely desperate to stay relevant 😬

FBB and HST both having 'lunch with my mama' today 😂 Would love to see these two encounter eachother at an event. I'm sure the antipathy would be palpable.

Reactions: 4
Lunch with my mama…oh also, here are loads of affiliate links to pay for said lunch…

Can’t FBB and HST just go on a lunch without letting us know?! The people sitting next to them must think it’s hilarious, middle aged Mums taking pictures of their food for the gram absolutely desperate to stay relevant 😬
and today breakfast with the ghastly Flavia, who claims she doesn't jump on bandwagons when it comes to publicising relief efforts for Ukraine, but will happily jump on any bandwagon that will benefit her, like, Idunno, supporting Annie F*ing Bing and her tragic, garishly branded tat. How anyone can be friends will Flavia I cannot fathom, but it speaks volumes about Laura that they are such close pals.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.