The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was yesterday's show any good? When I saw Ryno I was like uh...then I saw Erica I was like ugh... then Julie came on and I said nope and turned it off.
Not really. Pete talked about all of the changes, Craig had some insight, no one else added anything.

Speaking of not adding anything I don't really go to those boards much any longer but I went to check out the podcast board and it is a ghost town. No post since Sunday and nothing interesting discussed so far this year. The last post in the lawsuit thread, which is at least informative, was December and the threads above it are fluff garbage.

Reactions: 2
Not really. Pete talked about all of the changes, Craig had some insight, no one else added anything.

Speaking of not adding anything I don't really go to those boards much any longer but I went to check out the podcast board and it is a ghost town. No post since Sunday and nothing interesting discussed so far this year. The last post in the lawsuit thread, which is at least informative, was December and the threads above it are fluff garbage.
That board is way over modded. Most anything even mildly critical is scrubbed by mods, many controversial topics scrubbed by mods while some are allowed to fester (such as the people of color thread from a few years ago) leaves really not a whole lot to discuss.

Reactions: 5
Speaking of JennyLynn, I though she was one of the best additions to the podcast. For years the show was missing the perspective of someone with kids that was a true Disney fan. However, I could tell pretty quick that she wouldn't last long. She didn't seem at all intimidated by Pete. I remember one show in particular where they were discussing Black Fish, and her and Pete kind of went at it.
jenny lynn was annoying af lol

• Haha
Kevin is not the only person who can sell AbD, it’s just when you go to the site it’s his email attached OR you can email ‘reservations’ which essentially ends up in the same place. Also, on the site it’s the only product that gives you your final price before you submit your inquiry and you also have to submit your credit card to have your stuff go through. So the product is just really set on the front end that it’s a situation where you would physically have to seek out John or reservations and directly ask to work with someone. We also had a note on the backend that said ‘if an inquiry comes through for AbD, leave this for Kevin to pull’ and then its color coded when it comes in so it’s very clear that it’s AbD and not to touch it.
So it’s nearly impossible to break in that.

My biggest issue was with general pay. DisneyWorld/Land packages pay at 50% to the agent and 50% to the company. Cruise line pays up to 20% of the commission to the agent. At the start of each calendar year, you reset back to $0 sold for that year. Once you sell $500,000 in travel for the year and they go on their vacation, then you start getting the cap listed above. Until you reach that amount, it’s a lower commission. Cruise Line is always the same, for every million dollars in cruise you go up a percent, I believe I remember at the start you get like 4% of the commission and it goes up to like 16% or 20% once you’ve sold in the 10s of millions. So the reset really only applies to your World/Land packages.

The issue is with who gets paid - if you submit a request for whatever product, you go into a queue that the agents can see your name, what product you want to purchase (world, DCL etc) and then the dates you want to travel. Let’s say Mary Smith submits an inquiry for Disney World, I pull it and I book her a trip based on her parameters. We go back and forth and we settle on her trip and she pays and we’re good. Turns out, Mary Smith booked with Dreams back in 2007 with a different agent named Rhonda. Mary never booked again, has no relationship with Rhonda and maybe even had a bad experience and didn’t come back. Rhonda gets the commission. So I spent all my time booking her whole trip and I won’t see a dime of the money, however I do get the ‘credit’ towards meeting my $500,000 cap for the year. So Rhonda makes the money and I get the glory. Let’s say Mary Smith LOVED me and comes back and directly requests me next year and she wants to go again or do anything else with Dreams. I get to book her all over again and Rhonda gets the commission.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Wow, nice for Kevin to have every ABD booking handed to him on a Louis Vuitton platter.☹

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sounds like a sh*tty travel agency to work for, no wonder John & Kevin are always taking luxury vacations.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So.. in the case of Mary Smith.. what if Rhonda is gone?
The new agent gets the money and the journey continues.

For myself, I often had clients that knew me from the show and had given Dreams a chance Years ago and were unhappy. So I asked them to give thatfeedback to John and told them exactly where the money was going and 9 times out of 10 they emailed him and asked for the previous agent to be removed. That’s really the only way you can get paid.

dreams view is that the agent brought them in, so they should always get paid but my argument in this case was that I brought them back for being on the show so I got my money but other agents don’t. Pete used to boast all the time that there Was little turn over and the older agents ‘didn’t even have to pull’ because they had a client base (which they did to a degree) but also they will be making A lot of money off other peoples work.

it should be noted that OG agent like Tracey also believe this is unfair and do not like it. The agent that I feel does the best is Beth Czada because she gets her old stuff but still very actively pulls from the queue, so I respected both of them for that, but upper management had no interest in changing that policy

Reactions: 6
Sean anything good on Craig he seems very assholeish also did you ever find out what happened to the original Sean? I think Sean Thompson

That sounds like a terrible setup. If every future booking gives credit to "Rhonda" than the request in the queue should be router to her to do that work. If they know a booking belong to Rhonda to pay her they know and should route it to her.

Even back with the podcast was great I knew there is no way I could ever work for Pete. Without even knowing I had a feeling he would have some shady system set up.

Is 50% even a good commission for the agent? Hell no would I do all the work that goes into a Disney vacation and not get paid for it. One of the reasons I stopped watching was because of the way Kevin would look down on people who couldn't afford ABD all the while he has a monopoly on the commissions, Kevin is out of touch with what middle class families with kids can afford. I can travel around Europe for weeks with my family for what an ABD trip costs

Reactions: 6
That sounds like a terrible setup. If every future booking gives credit to "Rhonda" than the request in the queue should be router to her to do that work. If they know a booking belong to Rhonda to pay her they know and should route it to her.

Even back with the podcast was great I knew there is no way I could ever work for Pete. Without even knowing I had a feeling he would have some shady system set up.
I totally agree, clearly if the booking is not being sent to the agent that helped them before, then that should mean they don't want to work with them or indifference. Therefore, the agent that is doing the work should get the pay. The way Sean described the commission is in the MLM model of getting people to sell under you and receive commission from that, shady!

Reactions: 3
Why do you need a travel agent in 2023?
I don't think you need one but as complicated as Disney makes it I could see using one to make your life easier. I used one for a big Disney trip a few years back even though I go at least yearly because it was a complex trip and I didn't want to spend my life on the phone making all the reservations for a big group. I used a person I know in real life though, not Dreams. I know a few people that have used them and they didn't have a great experience.

Reactions: 4
I don't think you need one but as complicated as Disney makes it I could see using one to make your life easier. I used one for a big Disney trip a few years back even though I go at least yearly because it was a complex trip and I didn't want to spend my life on the phone making all the reservations for a big group. I used a person I know in real life though, not Dreams. I know a few people that have used them and they didn't have a great experience.
for sure but even then it’s very simple to do it yourself online. Moreover, all their communication is through email if I were to use one for let’s say an insentive id call Costco and have someone to talk to.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.