The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not surprised. He has been running on high lately, very compulsive. With his shirts, nails, tons of cruises and engagement to Gio. There is a slight spiral going on. He also needs to get his narcissism in check.

Reactions: 9
I’m glad to hear that he is being proactive. I don’t like him but I don’t want anyone to fall off the wagon. Best of luck to him and I’m happy the staff gets a break too.

Reactions: 11
I wish Pete all the best, and I am happy to hear that he decided to get help and put his sobriety first.

I subscribe to Patreon and there were some interesting bits in todays after show. First interesting bit of info is that Pete's fiance, Gio, is moving in while he is away at rehab. The second bit is less interesting but more so an observation on how Pete's relationships with the rest of the Dis team have changed over time. Teresa mentioned that she remembered visiting him the last time he was at rehab and the Pete also mentioned that Corey and Will had come to visit him while he was there as well. It reminded me of how close knit the team use to be and also how different the team is now. I don't think any of them will be making the trip to visit him in rehab, but also thinks that he wouldn't want them to. He seems to have put a lot of space between himself and the rest of his team, for better or worse. Hey, I get it, things change over time, people change over time. But it did make me feel a little sad for Pete and also wonder if subconsciously it has effected his mental health.

The timing of this is not lost on me either. I dabble in astrology. I decided to look into if Pete was approaching a Saturn Return. A Saturn Return is when the transiting Saturn comes to the exact same spot it was when you were born. It happens every 27-29 years in a persons life (often can be correlated with a quarter life crisis or midlife crisis). It is often a time where people learn hard lessons in their lives and if they don't learn them they often times repeat them, which tracks for what Pete has been going through lately. If I have his date of birth correct he will be heading into a Saturn return in the beginning of March, but the effects of the Saturn Return transit can show up months before and after the exact date. Hopefully this is his first step into taking charge of his mental health and wellness. Like I said before I wish him all the best.

Reactions: 2
I'm actually impressed - I was expecting to come in here and see people trashing Pete. Best of luck to him and hope he can get himself feeling better!

I actually miss Panda on the show - wonder if we'll get any shows hosted by John as well.

Reactions: 10
I'm actually impressed - I was expecting to come in here and see people trashing Pete. Best of luck to him and hope he can get himself feeling better!

I actually miss Panda on the show - wonder if we'll get any shows hosted by John as well.
At least with me, I come from an emphatic place. Say what you will about Pete the person, but to go on the show and be as transparent as he has about his past and what’s going on is awesome. That’s not even touching on potentially helping fans and viewers who are in a similar position and pushes and inspires them to get help too.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Same here. When he announced it, I was like "Ohhhh, tit.."

• Haha
Reactions: 3
FairPlay to him. He’s shown some real courage in admitting he needs the help. I wish him well.

Reactions: 2
I don’t wish rehab on anyone, and for him to enter it again means he must have had an incident or at least a few near misses. I hope he can stay sober, although I do wonder if his addiction has moved from alcohol/drugs to shopping and pricy purchases to get the dopamine hits. Maybe it’s both now?

i still think Pete as a boss and employer leaves a lot to be desired. He just seems to be a broken/lost soul. I hope whatever care he receives gets him on a better path.

I do agree with Pete’s rant that Disney and management have some real issues, and despie some recent changes are headed in the wrong direction.

Reactions: 8
what did Erica add to Tuesday’s show? Single out the Erica segments it’s like why are you here

Reactions: 8
what did Erica add to Tuesday’s show? Single out the Erica segments it’s like why are you here
I keep thinking back to her obnoxious smugness a few weeks ago when she delighted in Splash Mountain closing. What does she care? She's probably never been in Frontierland yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In the Festival of Arts video, for one of the dishes she tried all she could say about it was "I've never had beets before". She lacks any charisma, she literally adds nothing to the shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Haven't listened to this week's show yet but I agree with the Erica comments in general.

She lacks any type of charisma and always always always just parrots what the last person said. Also, she is completely incapable of following a conversation and will interject random thoughts a al Ralph Wiggum.

Also...i think the next thread just needs to simply be:

The DisUnplugged #4: Erica Must Go

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve seen it hinted at in here but I don’t see a full thread. Does anyone have thoughts on WDWNT?

Reactions: 1
I’ve seen it hinted at in here but I don’t see a full thread. Does anyone have thoughts on WDWNT?
I’ve never been the biggest fan of them; I’ve gotten Pete-esque vibes from Tom but unlike the Dis I haven’t found anything endearing about them.

Reactions: 5
closeted socially awkward queen

…did he try to get you too sean?
No not at all. I don’t know anything about it. Pete just always spoke very negatively about them and said they aren’t ethical. Didn’t know if it was a pot/kettle situation because it was constant.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.