Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Sorry if if I missed it but do we know why Erica was hired? She seems to never have tried anything that they talk about at Disney. My sister, who is vaguely familiar with the older crew, heard me listening to it and asked if Erica was hired because she was related to someone since she didn’t really seem to have any helpful input on anything discussed.

Reactions: 9

astrogild

I’ve noticed that as well! I feel like he’s so entertained by himself that he repeats shit all the time, waiting for others should be responding/laughing/agreeing…
It kills me when he goes on a “rant” and others are obviously trained to shut up and give him as much time solo as he wants, and then he takes up so much time with huge gaps in phrases and repeating almost every statement.

ilovegrapes75

Chatty Member
He only cares about cruising anymore. He claims people should cruise instead but it’s not the same thing Pete. It’s just not. And we all can’t afford the concierge elite status rooms you can either.

• Haha

ilovegrapes75

Chatty Member
Last edited:
  • Haha

erikaelvis

I also liked the comment about Pete not turning up for events. Something along the lines of "we keep a slot for you but...you have a reputation"

Kevin also contradicted Pete when Pete said that housekeeping only came to tidy the room as it was him staying there...

Did anyone else think it was weird too that Pete mentioned the time he bought the ring with John...to give to Gio. That story felt a little awkward...
Yes it turned me stomach when he said i got house keeping every day because of who I am, and then Kevin followed up with I got house keeping every day and no one knows me. LOL Also the story about the ring was Very strange and it seemed like it made John uncomfortable. There was just no comments about his wedding from the group. So strange.

• Wow

JaqAndGus

My suggestion is

The DisUnplugged #4: Too Bad Disney Didn’t Build Reflections

Erica trying to have a sentimental moment about Splash after just a few weeks ago saying “I don’t care” about it in an obnoxious way is ironic.

I like Julie fine but her being on the show is silly because I don’t believe they go to the parks. I might be mistaken, but I remember Corey saying that during the shut down they let some of their APs expire trying to sync up the expiration dates for everyone in their family. Disney of course, quit selling them so I don’t know how they would be going regularly if at all.

I am glad Pete is getting help because all I see our red flags. If you are in one of the happiest times of your life, an engagement, and you are slipping after 9 years sobriety it’s a red flag and you needed to take a step back and think about why. If you are repeatedly mentioning your ex, it’s a red flag.

Did Gio start following him again on Instagram? It doesn’t look like it and he has been active over the last week. Another red flag.

I hope the time away helps him to clear his head on several fronts. There have been some people he was really nasty to he needs to make amends to.

I know someone trying to kick alcoholism this week but do so on their own, their financial means do not allow for in patient treatment they desperately need.

I hope Pete realizes how lucky he is to be going to rehab and treats the staff well. He won’t, but doing so would be the first baby step in getting his life in order.

exdisfan

Sean:

Let me join the others in thanking you for being so open and honest with everything when you certainly have no reason you have to, while gaining the respect and support of this community.

You’re certainly a bright young man with the resilience to bounce back from everything you’ve been through, and this will certainly be no exception.

EDIT: As a former CP, I can definitely attest to those stories about sleeping in the cast lots. I didn’t personally, but a beloved CM at my location died of a heart attack one night while sleeping in the cast lot between shifts.

• Sad
  • Heart
Gotta give Panda credit for his "I'm not her boss" line.

I know this story is supposed to make Erika look bad, but working with people like Ryno is the worst. Low-level employees who want to act like they are in charge, or even worse, get others to do the dirty work.
I mean, complaining that someone new gets to just pick and choose if they are going to work that day is how most people would respond. Especially if everyone else has to do their job whether they want to or not.

Craig and Kylie had the baby!!! They posted pics on IG. He’s super cute and everyone seems to be doing well. I’m excited for them, I hope it’s a whole new chapter!
So adorable! So glad for them! I hope Craig gets some time off

Loueylouay

VIP Member
I agree with everyone. It's time to shut it down. Then again I wish all the Disney vloggers would shut it down. I used to watch all content, now I don't watch any of them. It's just not novel anymore. Festival snacks, merch...ride people mover...what's the Gideon's cookie etc etc

ilovegrapes75

Chatty Member
I don't bother watching if Petes not there. This show/channel are basically dead to me
I'm the opposite, I enjoy the shows more when Pete isn't the host. It was nice to see Mary Jo this week, I miss the Disneyland team!

I found it interesting Ryno said on the aftershow they don't get reimbursed for alcohol. I know for a while they've hinted they don't review alcohol but it wasn't always like that. I wonder when it changed and why.

wtc50e

Chatty Member
Anyone go suggestions for the new thread?

Dis Unplugged 4: Stay out of the damn Rehab Center

Dis unplugged 4: The Tigger King

likeandsubscribe

Chatty Member
The DIS is over. If they think they can keep a channel about Disneyworld going, when they don’t go to Disneyworld they are delusional. They may still get views on cruise and DVC, but the core audience was/is all about the parks. I know I quit watching when Pete quit going.

Murray9000

VIP Member
They are hilarious and true. They need to be done with her. I understand wanting to add a younger perspective but with her lack of Disney knowledge and constant ass kissing of Pete, she adds nothing.
She doesn't care about Splash Mountain shutting down because she probably has never been on it.

• Haha

Cocobean9

VIP Member
That was another thing that turned me off about the live shows. Kevin pushing ABD hard and when people in the comments would say the trips are unaffordable Kevin would come back with a snide remark as if there was something wrong with the “little people” who didn’t have tens of thousands to spend on a trip. Kevin and John should do a show on how much of a discount they get for being travel agents while claiming it as a business expense too and how many trips they have been hosted on

• Haha

Rufio'sGhost

I doubt Pete was actually sick. He is more likely just in an emotional low state due to Sean getting married, etc. When he's in these emotional depressions, he can't do the shows. Does anyone remember when they did the "Beyond the Parks" segments where they did an Alaskan cruise, ABD backstage magic, and then aulani? Remember when they did the shows about the trip after and Dustin had to host because Pete was "unwell?"..well when they were at Aulani, Pete and Dustin had sex for the first time. And then Dustin freaked out about it afterwards. (I guess he didn't actually like Pete's pecker in his poop-shoot). Pete thought that they were gonna start dating, but Dustin was like "no, that was a mistake." And then Pete was too depressed to do those shows. What a mess haha

• Wow
  • Sick

wtc50e

Chatty Member
Ughh that was beyond embarrassing. He is the definition of an awful vlogger
It goes hand and hand she’s awful as well boasting on the show how she uses DAS but then always tells us how she waits in long lines for merchandise or standing around forever watching splash mountain. Yes boast about your DAS usage.

Jocelyn Baps

I dont know what it is about his nails that bother me so much. It never bothers me when men wear nail polish but for some reason it makes me uncomfortable to look at on him. And his constant burping on camera is terrible. I will say though good on him going to rehab. It certainly has seemed, really in the past year, that he is spiraling. I do not think that going to rehab will put his arrogance in check at all. He spoke on Tuesdays show that they told him that he isnt allowed to have his phone in rehab, which I think is a rule at most rehabs, but he said absolutely no. I will have my phone. He really thinks everywhere he goes that he is Pete Werner so he should get his way. He needs to realize that it is a TINY TINY TINY segment of the poplulation that knows or cares who he is.
Here's the thing - I'm sure it's super-expensive but it LOOKS like costume jewellery. Like the mechanical claw missed the bear and he won the necklace instead!
And the nails...don't get me started. He's channelling Gary Oldman's Dracula..

• Haha

Ghost of Bob Varley

Apparently she went to WDW all her life, so it really makes no sense that she's never done anything.
I think the problem is that Pete now runs the show and his business like its a real life version of "Pretty Woman". Where he is finding these people and believes he's going to turn them into something or make their life for them.

There's no world in which you are in Central Florida and hiring someone to do content creation and on camera work and Erica would the top choice.

• Haha