Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ghost of Bob Varley

jenny lynn was annoying af lol
Its not that I disliked Jenny Lynn, I just always felt she came off as someone who is kinda fake. Almost like she was acting and trying to be character who is cool and hip, but in real life she probably was not that fun to be around. That was just my impression. I have no direct knowledge.

As far as Steve, ya the dude was vanilla, but he actually went to the Parks, was a former CM, and seemed to genuinely be a fan of Disney and interested in what was going on in the Parks. Its amazing, but those things are almost non-existent on the DIS these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

MichaelsAchilles

I hope he doesn’t have your email address he’s likely to send you a passive aggressive email. Also I think he’s delusional as well his twitters says “influencer”. Is ANYONE influenced but what the fuck Craig Williams thinks or says? Produce. Film. Edit. You are with your weight in gold there.
Curious on who your idea of a "good" influencer is? I can't stand the fake reactions and enthusiasm most seem to show, but that is just my opinion. I feel like Craig's opinions and reactions are for the most part genuine and I appreciate that.

Again, just my .02 in what I like watching.

Cocobean9

VIP Member
He actually replied to someone comments on Paternity leave:

DIS Unplugged
31 minutes ago
I’m on paternity leave. There was no one else able to do the show, so I chose to step in to help or I would’ve been sitting at home stressing about it. Add on the unexpected tech issues we had and that would’ve stressed me even more not being able to troubleshoot it.
Paternity leave or no paternity leave I hope Craig sets boundaries with what Pete expects of him, I can see Pete not caring about Craig's responsibilities with a new baby. Anyone who has kids knows how crazy the first few months are and how kids throw unexpected challenges at you

erikaelvis

I'm usually not very critical of the show but I was very turned off by Erica's almost blatant trying to get Pete to take her to certain places. Sometimes it comes off that way with things too. Maybe she's seen him treat others to things and would like to be added to that.
I agree. In the last show I watched with her she talked about how she had been coming to Disney with her family since she was a baby and then how she was a cast member. They then talked about some restaurants and she remarked how she hadn't eaten at any of them and looked at Pete. Like she was waiting in anticipation for him to say I will take you. I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that someone who has been coming to Disney for 20-some-odd years AND who worked there hasn't done anything but ride attractions. ANDDD also talked about how there were a lot of attractions she hasn't done. Like how!?? Shes trying to come off like a newbie and it just ain't it,

Rufio'sGhost

No no not fiasco. I would think fiasco is still loyal to Pete. But yes, unfortunately it is true. Pete was paying them for sex. Both Sean and his now husband were both prostitutes at the same time (no judgement!...but kinda sad). Pete was initially having sex with the boyfriend. One time the boyfriend couldn't go to his appointment with Pete, so Sean filled in. That's how Pete and Sean met.

• Wow

DisWow

DVC channel - no pete for 3 weeks, last video 6 days ago
Disney Cruise channel - nothing posted for 3 weeks
DIS unplugged - nothing posted for 5 days, last dining review 2 weeks ago and only one brief appearance by pete in like 4 weeks.

Sad to see how this very popular disney channel has degenerated.
And if Panda, Rhyno and Erika are full time, what the hell? (Obvi, craig out on paternity leave)
I think that when they rolled out the multiple channel model (maybe back in 2019 or so?) it was a massive mistake. They had always had the TheDis channel and the Dis Unplugged Channel, and I get why they did it. The common logic on YT is to niche down your content, because it hurts you in the algorithm if a subscriber only watches dining reviews and always skips DVC or Cruise Line stuff. That being said, they had no real means to capture the audience and force them to transition over to the new channels. At least when they had it all under one umbrella they were consistently pushing out content (which also helps you in the YT algorithm).

I agree that the quantity of content has decreased dramatically. They've essentially wiped out some of their biggest shows outside of the main one such as Best and Worst (which I know for me is how I ended up on their channel to start with), and we've talked ad nauseum here about Off the Rails, which is probably the best content they've put out in the past 2 years but literally goes off the rails every time someone is away.

It just seems like they understood previously how to work the Youtube system to push out content and keep it fresh, and lately it has shifted to this sort of zombie mode of here's the weekly show with whoever rolled out of bed this morning.

Pete definitely has the star power hosting the show with his rants, as a regular listener, he's just been spitting out the same takes every week lately. I'm sad because I think if about half of them split off and started their own channel they could have some really great content, but I also don't think that a Disney YT channel could pay the bills since it's all just trying to funnel business to the travel agency.

The Mando

Sean what was a GOOD memory working for the dis unplugged?

also I think you looked good here.
Thank you! I’ve lost about 40 pounds at this point so I’m roughly back to that size. I was around 245-250 at the highest. I’m a little under 210 now. I know this was done before my hair transplant so I guess I have more hair now at least haha

I loved AbD. It’s really expensive but I get why they cost what they cost. The things you Get to do are amazing. You read the list of what you’ll be doing and it seems really standard but a good example is the London/Paris one I got to do. We did the Crown Jewels before it opened so the conveyor belts weren’t on and they took us to each one and told the whole story of why each crown was important and the origins and all that. If I were there regularly, you just ride a conveyor belt and look at them and you don’t really know what you’re seeing or why you are seeing it. So I loved that experience and I’d have never been able to afford something like that.

Also on this trip was a fan meet up at a bar in London and I loved that night. this is not a dig at Pete, it’s just a statement, if Pete can’t relate to the conversation, he has to bring it back around to himself, his accomplishments etc and he just can’t ask questions about the other person so I just would quietly sit beside him and let him do his thing or else I knew he would get in a funk and then spiral (example once at a meet and greet, I was talking to a couple about West Virginia because they were from there. Pete stomped off and they asked if he was ok and I said he was sick but when I got back to the room, I got screeeeamed at for talking about West Virginia because ‘nobody cares about that’ and I explained that they were from there but he still was upset and was claiming he couldn’t get a word in because all we talked about was them and I was clearly obsessed and having a affair, with both people) The bar gave me, John, Kevin and Pete each our own areas of the bar so people could go wherever they wanted and it was the first and only time I feel I got to spend time with fans without Pete being right there and correcting me and wanting to talk about himself, so my crew just sat at this table and got super drunk and I taught them a bunch of American drinking games and they taught me European stuff and it was actually fun and busy had his crowd so I wasn’t under the microscope. I’m still Facebook friends with a lot of them. They told me I was a ‘right wank’ on the show but they loved me in person.

The other was getting to do the dining shows. I know I wasnt Popular on them but I had only been to Disney world 2 or 3 times before I moved here. My family did get to stay in the value resorts and we would do 3 park days. We drove all night and went straight to MK for a day, Epcot for a day and then half days at HS and DAK and then drove back because that’s all we could afford. We would just eat snacks because dining was too expensive and we didn’t have time so the last time we came before I moved, I was adelivery driver with papa John’s and I had set aside 20% of each paycheck for about 3 years so I could do a ‘big’ trip with a cruise.

I was able to do a 3 night cruise with a Guaranteed status so I could afford it (I also rented a tuxedo because I thought formal meant very very formal so I was a little overdressed lol) and then Free Dining was happening I think. I got to pick 1 sit down per day and for Epcot, all that was left was Garden Grill and Tutto Italia. I chose Italian and when we got to Disney and saw garden grill on the way to soarin, we saw the sign that it was presented by smuckers, so we were like ‘oh I guess that’s a breakfast place or just jelly related to some degree’ and moved on. I mentioned it on a show and it’s come up here and I took a lot of flack for not knowing what it was years prior and telling that anecdote. So I was glad to get to try all these places. Looking back it’s hard to truly judge them because Pete was footing the bill so I do wish I had taken the chances of trying more exotic things because there was no risk but I was happy to at least get to try all these places. I’d walks past them so many times and didn’t think I’d ever actually drop $50 on a steak. Even when I worked at Disney In 2014, I made around $8 per hour so I just couldn’t have swung that.

• Heart

Rufio'sGhost

Even though I said Craig shouldn’t be in front of the camera I never took away how talented he is in shooting video, editing, and producing programming. He’s not an on air personality and I won’t budge from that. Ryno just isn’t talented, and while he use to be fun and energetic he’s now a complaining and nasty person I don’t enjoy him anymore at all.
I completely agree about Ryno. I don't think he would know how to work at an actual job with regular hours. He's the complete embodiment of the entitled work force now who don't want to work hard but expect free lunches. I used to like him when he was new on the show. But I've realized how fake he is. And after meeting him and spending time with him, I was disappointed by how actually unkind he really is.

• Wow
  • Haha
Patreon subscribers expecting any sort of update on the biggest shake up in the disney company will be disappointed. But if you want to see Panda’s Christmas decor this is what you get as a paying customer🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Cinnamon1

No show this week and Pete did not show up for the last 2 shows. Looks like the other channels are kind of dead as well.
One has to wonder if they are giving up on the whole thing
It is so disappointing to see a shell of a channel/show of what it used to be. Sometimes old shows pop up in suggestions circa 2018-2019, they were so much more fun and energetic with the team and Pete in and outside the studio.

Anyone watch the Patreon show? It gets real tense between Erika and Craig multiple times. At one point he sound absolutely frustrated with her for telling him to send her a list of recommendations😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Cinnamon1

I'm not new to Tattle but new to this thread. It just popped up one day due to all the Sean drama and I was shocked to see a Dis thread on here.
I came over here because of Sean's video and enjoyed his insight to some of the behind-the-scenes stuff, especially the Dining Reviews. To anyone that knows him, how is he doing? Did he receive any backlash personal or legal because he has not posted anything to his YT channel nor his new real estate FB page in a long time.

pembertonheights

Regarding the content. I wonder if it isn't 1. A control freak who doesn't want to do the shows any more but can't stomach the thought of relinquishing the reigns and 2. A content producer who is burned out who is having a hard time because he is expected to do too many things.

Take Off the Rails. It was arguably their best show but without Deni or Jackie it has died. It has to be 4 people or otherwise it's Ryno and Craig which would be a little redundant to the UO show. I'm sure Craig is tired of hearing about it.

They need another project manager type like Deni.

Hopefully 2023 will revitalize for them.

Cinnamon1

I will also add. If I had a to guess, Pete and Gio were broken up and the engagement was a ‘let’s get back together gift’

Everytime Pete proposed to me it was when we were in a very bad place. Like in Italy, I had Ended things before we even got to Italy, we had a terrible cruise because he thought I was literally sleeping with fans of the show because it ‘was the only explanation for how I was taking an interest in these peoples lives’ (couldn’t possibly be that they are our guests and flew over to Italy to cruise with the podcast people) so he had thrown me out of the room and threatened my job and all that. Then he calmed down and proposed.
But it was something to that level each time. So I would guess he and Gio were not together recently and Pete was sulking and then it got close to the holiday and Pete flipped script and proposed and Gio said yes.
That kind of tracks the speculation of people on here noticing Gio was no longer following Pete on Instagram recently and thought there was a breakup. He wasn't on the show for two weeks in a row and then just no show period last week.

Murray9000

VIP Member
Wow, I understand having anxiety as a condition and I'm not questioning it. However, I do question taking a job that has you in the parks every day and filming Tik Tok videos if you have this affliction.
It's like joining the Navy and saying you have to accommodate me because I tend to get seasick on occasion.

peteykirch

VIP Member
Charles was legit like the only person willing to try unique food offerings, and didn't sound like a complete buffoon while describing dishes and what not.

I cannot take Craig seriously when he proclaims himself a BBQ Expert hailing from Latrobe Pennsy.

• Haha