Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ghost of Bob Varley

Charles was/is straight and he was dating Pete’s niece who is a chef in Orlando. They were still dating after Charles left the DIS as he mentioned her in a tweet in 2020. Not sure if they’re still together or not since he dropped off of social. Charles and Pete met in AA. I think Pete liked him so he gave him a place to stay and a job. Not sure if he knew Pete’s niece before they met or whether Pete introduced them. This was just what I gathered on boards and from the show when Charles was there. Perhaps someone knows if they still talk or if that relationship went down in flames.
I thought Charles was one of the best recent members. He at least had a different perspective on things and was somewhat well spoken and wrote well (At least he was well written in terms of the type of content you see on Disney sites.) He also was much better on the dining shows than almost all of the content they put out now.

If you go back through Sean's posts, one of the issues with Charles was that he didn't think Pete should be involved with Sean and he had concerns about Sean using Pete and told Pete this. Now, I am not saying he was right about Sean using Pete, but he was right that Pete and Sean together would not work and at least had the courage to tell Pete. Seems especially appropriate considering Pete's current "Gio Wedding" situation.

Losing Charles was bad for the DIS.

Reactions: 10
I'm actually impressed - I was expecting to come in here and see people trashing Pete. Best of luck to him and hope he can get himself feeling better!

I actually miss Panda on the show - wonder if we'll get any shows hosted by John as well.

astrogild

an episode from 2016 popped up on my YouTube today and Pete is truly a different person… he was energetic, mentally sharp and present making jokes with John & Kevin constantly. No intense pauses in speech. Just an observation

ilovegrapes75

Chatty Member
That's great to hear, I applaud anyone who can admit they need help in any area and actively seeks it out.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Pete’s an addict. He craves codependency, not love. He wants to be as important to someone as his past vices were to him. Just my opinion as a viewer!

His antisemitic comment about the water doesn’t surprise me. Pete strikes me as the type of guy who believes because he’s part of a marginalized community (openly gay), it gives him a pass to make “jokes” about other marginalized communities.

PoorKid

VIP Member
There were times in previous years where he'd jump on YouTube live when big Disney news broke. No bigger news than this and ... nothing. Time to wind the channel down, Pete.

• Haha

pnxcoco

It’s really a shame how the channel seems to be falling apart. For years I genuinely enjoyed The Dis, but in the last few months it has gone downhill.

I get the falling out between MTO owners made it impossible to film, and with Razek it seems back on track and very enjoyable. The other areas are so spotty. I don’t specifically dislike any one person, clearly some people are more enjoyable than others. I enjoy Razek, the shady comments! and Panda, I miss having John and Kevin on the show. For the most part staff seem to fall into two categories, too happy to be there with no personality or annoyed to be there with little to say.

BTW, Hi Sean! Good for you for moving forward and finding happiness and success.

pembertonheights

Erica trying to have a sentimental moment about Splash after just a few weeks ago saying “I don’t care” about it in an obnoxious way is ironic.

I like Julie fine but her being on the show is silly because I don’t believe they go to the parks. I might be mistaken, but I remember Corey saying that during the shut down they let some of their APs expire trying to sync up the expiration dates for everyone in their family. Disney of course, quit selling them so I don’t know how they would be going regularly if at all.
Well said, for me this week exemplifies the problem with the show.

I really could care less if the hosts are for or against the Splash Mountain re-theme or any of the less controversial ones. What I do expect on a professional show meant to discuss the Disneyana in a somewhat neutral/empathetic (you can be for a change while understanding why some people are upset about it) discussion of it. Between Kevin's Marie Antoinette attitude, Julie's luddite opinions ("I don't care about Tron", "You don't need to know specifics"), and Ryno, Julie, and Erica's (noticed Craig tried to stay out of it) clear dunking on people they disagree with it's becoming very toxic. It's fine to have opinions but for the shows, keep them as neutral as possible. I've seen the Facebook comments, I understand it's annoying to see the comments there and in YT chat but you have to take the high road. I can also tell some of it is blowing off steam but that isn't the place. Everything should be expressed in a constructive way. It's fine to sell ABD and cruises on the show but realize that's not what the majority of people are watching for so balance it, don't comment on the criticisms and move on.

Pete's pretty good at this. He knows how to state his opinion (on the show, fully acknowledging the problems behind the scenes) without bashing those he disagrees with outright. Kevin was also right about the overly bashing Disney. It still needs to be done but more selective in the purposes of the rants.

The channel needs to re-balance itself. Most of this would be fine on a personal vlog but the channel is a loss leader trying to sell trips to a broad audience. As said before, I have no problem with anybody on the show, I wish them all the best but I think I'm done with Dreams Unlimited and The Dis for a while.

moleson

I have to be honest, if you didn't know Deni and came across that video, she comes across as kinda crazy. What about that video would make you want to watch the channel?

I don't know how upset Pete would be, I can only gather that her channel is going for a much more, Disney fulfills my life type of vibe. Much closer to the tone of what Lou Mongello does than what the Dis does (or at least did). Who knows, she may be offering life coaching weekend workshops soon.
I agree 1000%. She seems very nice but I do t get all the love for her. She gives off a culty, crazed vibe a lot of the time. She is much better in a round table discussion IMHO. Her solo posts creep me out. Again, seems very nice but her alone is a no go for me.

Galaxyprincess

VIP Member
Is it baby time for Craig? I'm genuinely excited for him & Kylie & that they get to be parents after going through so much.
I'm happy for them too. They seem like a lovely couple(I said it before, Craig seems like a whole different person when he's with Kylie), they waited a long time and went through a lot for this much wanted baby.

pembertonheights

I really enjoyed today's show. It was a lot more put together with good contributions. Since my first post here was criticizing the flagging quality I felt it was important to say that.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Good for Pete for recognizing he needs extra help. I wish him the best! Recovery is lifelong, and he’s always seemed to rake it seriously.

Rufio'sGhost

Let me first say that Pete is probably a miserable human being.
That said, are you saying that he has discriminatory hiring practices? In order for a discrimination claim to be successful, a person of color would have to be passed over to hire a white person who was less qualified for the job. (However, that bar of qualifications is quite low when they hired Erica.) Maybe someone has some info that, in fact, this occurred.
This is false. Just the fad of people wanting to throw out the words racism and bigotry onto people. Pete's just a dick. There's no racism behind it. Besides, he apparently loves that brown sausage!

• Haha
  • Heart

Tbone1723

I’m more of a Kevin fan than most on here, and he absolutely nailed it was a monologue/rant by Pete, NOT a discussion. He spit fire this week.

Also, I’ve been engaged. I get how excited one (Like Pete) can be for the wedding, I do. That said, I felt so bad for John as Pete hijacked the cruise ad read (and I sure hope they report back on that Egypt/Israel cruise; that sounds like a lot of fun) to talk about the wedding and the honeymoon…and then the ring discussion.

I don’t know the timeline definitively to say that ring was once John’s, but just seeing his expressions I just wanted to reach through my phone and give the man a hug. That was an awkward watch.

Agree, Kevin is my favorite person on the DIS.

His dining reviews from back in the day are gold

• Heart

Murray9000

VIP Member
what did Erica add to Tuesday’s show? Single out the Erica segments it’s like why are you here
I keep thinking back to her obnoxious smugness a few weeks ago when she delighted in Splash Mountain closing. What does she care? She's probably never been in Frontierland yet.

• Haha

The Mando

Sean- thanks for sharing that very personal story. Stay positive. You are young and have so much more to do. So many more great experiences ahead of you. Your past is just that. In the past. Leave it there. It sounds like you are well on your way. Pete will not only be a funny story one day, he will be a hysterical story…one that you survived and became a stronger, better person. My respect for you has grown with each posting you have left here. Thanks again for being open, honest and self reflective. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful holiday. I’ll be in the parks with my family for Christmas time and hopefully I will run into you one day.
Thank you! I will be at Epcot Christmas Day and NYE and I believe Animal the Wednesday in between. Feel free to say hi if you see me

• Heart